British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Matt Ford - No Sympathy

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/831832.SPEEDWAY___ROW_OVER_ANT____INJURY___/

This one is a gem, fiddling the guest rule,, booking a rider before an injury....

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/9792116.Pirates__Stars_chief_in_Twitter__cheats__slur/

Then there was this one 'cheats never prosper' i wonder who tweeted that? lol

Im sure you could find loads more of instances like this. Goes to show really that where their is controversy in the Elite League Poole are at the heart of most of it.................but its just jealousy lol

• Like 1

I was at the first fans meeting that Stuart Douglas held where he announced KK had signed.

He said that Lakeside went all out to sign Jason Crump and that Jason was very interested in coming here.

He made a comment to the effect, that KK was offered to us with favourable terms if we ended our pursuit of Jason Crump.

Not sure what the favourable terms were but I don't believe that Poole were as helpful to us as the article suggests.....again in turn being more helpful to themselves.

I obviously can't comment on the validity of that specific scenario, but this is one type of example of the issue I have.

The standard answer is that Poole have an equal vote on all issues, except equal doesn't necessarily mean equal. As an example, what happens if the deal is KK cheap plus support us on Vote Z. Alternatively we won't make our assets available until its so late your team building is screwed. You only have to read the insinuations he makes in the press to realise the pressure he will put on individuals behind closed doors.

I'm not claiming that Poole have done that here, but just an idea that when promoters vote in something they have different agenda's. Ever been in a meeting where a majority can't be reached due to two extreme factions. Those who don't care on the topic eventually jump one way or another to move on. Imagine if that were done with an offer to support a vote that did mean something to you.

Other promoters aren't as naive as sometimes portrayed. In a straight off the track battle with Ford they will lose. They may win the battle but lose the war. It's easy for us to sit here and criticise promoters for apparent lack of ambition, but in many cases they are trying to protect their business before worrying that Poole may gain an advantage towards winning the title.

Promoters have different objectives and Ford's is the master of this. They don't even pay their riders as much as some other teams, but Ford has created a strategy that will provide the best team virtually every year. However good he is, that shouldn't actually be possible within a sport with strict points control.

So you clearly didn't see Steves post No 81. Conveniently missed that then. :o As i said, no matter whether i add to it or not, most threads turn into a poole slanging match. Funny that..

Spot the common denominator....I'll give you a clue.....IT'S YOU!!!

You are the one who makes it personal! Gavan does too sometimes but only cos you antagonize him.

Don't bother Lisa, he's been told numerous times.

It's like gonorrhea, but less intelligent...

I liken it to thrush as the annoying little <insert own word of choice> just won't go away! :rofl:

• Like 3

So the asset system is causing a lot of probs and with Ford and Readypower getting in bed together that's lots of assets in the hands of Poole ....

Need more riders owning their own "registrations", is that the correct term? Mark Loram did?

Im sure you could find loads more of instances like this. Goes to show really that where their is controversy in the Elite League Poole are at the heart of most of it.................but its just jealousy lol

correct.. its not jealousy ...this is history....

So the asset system is causing a lot of probs and with Ford and Readypower getting in bed together that's lots of assets in the hands of Poole ....

Need more riders owning their own "registrations", is that the correct term? Mark Loram did?

mark loram wasnt too happy with ford either...when the current english world champion is treated badly then .....i can also put link for that one on here too

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/5404117.Mark_bites_back_/

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/1943983.CAUGHT_OUT_ON_WEB/

also this one fans had to tell the bspa about there own rulebook after poole tried to use wrong lower average for craig watson.....

Edited by heathen chemistry

correct.. its not jealousy ...this is history....

mark loram wasnt too happy with ford either...when the current english world champion is treated badly then .....i can also put link for that one on here too

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/5404117.Mark_bites_back_/

i thank you for posting the Mark Loram story.

As some on here know (and some dont believe) we have known the Loram family since Mark was 14 and my uncle sponsored him.

I posted on a Poole thread that Mark was treate badly by Matt Ford only to be shot down by the usual suspects claiming Mark asked for more money than Tony which was complete tosh.

This article shows quite clearly what sort of man Matt Ford is. Mark Loram is probably one of the nicest guys there has been in the sport and nobody has a bad word to say about him and it takes a lot to anger him. As stated Matt Ford annoyed him and how disgraceful that some Poole fans booed and heckled him as well after the way he rode for them. Try watching the race with Mark, Havvy, Hamill and Hancock at Wimborne Road back when the track was good

• Like 1

As some on here know (and some dont believe) we have known the Loram family since Mark was 14 and my uncle sponsored him.

I posted on a Poole thread that Mark was treate badly by Matt Ford only to be shot down by the usual suspects claiming Mark asked for more money than Tony which was complete tosh.

This article shows quite clearly what sort of man Matt Ford is. Mark Loram is probably one of the nicest guys there has been in the sport and nobody has a bad word to say about him and it takes a lot to anger him. As stated Matt Ford annoyed him and how disgraceful that some Poole fans booed and heckled him as well after the way he rode for them. Try watching the race with Mark, Havvy, Hamill and Hancock at Wimborne Road back when the track was good

another example of manipulating the media .....ford wasnt going to publish the truth and say he wanted to sign rickardsson instead of world champ loram the fans would no doubt say how dare you treat mark that way after what he has just done, so to get the fans n his side and not marks he reported mark wanted too much money , which mark says was not true,, im sure rickardsson wasnt cheap!

Poole had Masters and Ludvig Lindgren. When using MAsters by average he rode in the 1-5 but Lindgren rode in reserve. Lindgren was riding in the Swedish final (as were Dennis Andersson and Ricky Kling). Poole used R/R for Andersson and had Mateusz Szczepaniak guest for Kling.

Masters failed a last minute fitness test, meaning that technically, Lindgren then took over so the guest was for him BUT that meant the guest should be in reserve and Kling (Mateusz Szczepaniak) should have moved to number 2. But Poole used a guest for Masters, not Lindgren in the 1-5.

Conveniently omitting that Lee Richardson also rode for Poole; that the Lakeside management were in full agreement to the Masters change (bearing in mind he didn't get injured until the parade lap!!) and that the change was sanctioned and approved by the SCB official.

Also the meeting was not ridden 'under protest'!!

Conveniently omitting that Lee Richardson also rode for Poole; that the Lakeside management were in full agreement to the Masters change (bearing in mind he didn't get injured until the parade lap!!) and that the change was sanctioned and approved by the SCB official.

Also the meeting was not ridden 'under protest'!!

Hardly conveniently omitted. Lee Richardson having ridden for Poole hardly changes the fact you cheated. And it's poor to use the fact he had raced for you before to justify cheating.

And the rulebook has always made it clearly that teams can't agree to ignore the rules. So it doesn't matter if Lakeside did agree to it, it was still cheating. It's even worse that they knew they were doing it and this is proof they knew they were if what you say is correct.

He was injured the week before, but he pulled out on the parade. Make no difference if it was 6 weeks or 6 seconds before the meeting started either.

When it comes to contentious issues, it cannot be denied that the eventual outcome is usually favourable to Poole.

• Like 1

I would take the point if it was 2001 when Ford verged on a team building genius irrespective of the budget at his disposal. While they didn’t win the title that season the side built that year was a genuine achievement under those rules and regulations. The way Andersen and Cegieslki arrived and instantly performed was admirable, that side assembly was more praiseworthy than the restructure mid 2007 IMO (and that was also a hell of an achievement)

At that time though there was also fair options there for sides to negate Poole’s strength and thus they didn’t actually win the title in 2001, now though the EL just stinks of a league where half the teams start with an arm behind their back.

I appreciate the counter is he was a team building genius then and still is now and works the rules well, probably rings true but at least back then the other sides appeared to bother to fight back, and were far more enabled to than they are now. It just appears seasons are settled before they start now barring one or two surprise results along the way.

I say all that as someone who doesn’t in anyway hate Poole. I appreciate the dynasty created and look on at most sides (eg 2001 and 2007) with a certain degree of awe, but the last few years it’s hard not look at them with a degree of asterisk placing next to it.

Edited by sparkafag

Mark Loram was not treated badly by Poole. I remember having a conversation at the time with someone in the know* and was told that Norrie Allen asked for a massive pay rise which Matt Ford refusd to pay. Matt then tried to negociate a price which was fair as Mark was wold champion, but Norrie Allen refused to budge an inch. I remembering Matt Ford saying, what could he do when the other side is being completely inflexible? He said at the time he was where he was and Allen was where he was and normally a deal could be done somewhere in the middle but Allen refused.

So Matt signed Trick instead on a LOWER price than Mark.

I was gutted as were most Poole fans at the time. The losers were the fans plus Loram and Allen. Loram should have told Allen to be more flexible.

*He was in the room.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Mark Loram was not treated badly by Poole. I remember having a conversation at the time with someone in the know* and was told that Norrie Allen asked for a massive pay rise which Matt Ford refusd to pay. Matt then tried to negociate a price which was fair as Mark was wold champion, but Norrie Allen refused to budge an inch. I remembering Matt Ford saying, what could he do when the other side is being completely inflexible? He said at the time he was where he was and Allen was where he was and normally a deal could be done somewhere in the middle but Allen refused.

I was gutted as were most Poole fans at the time. The losers were the fans plus Loram and Allen. Loram should have told Allen to be more flexible.

*He was in the room.

Always love the old "someone in the know" line as it means nothing unless a name is put alongside it.

You been taking lessons of Skidder, Steve?😀😀

• Like 6

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/9792116.Pirates__Stars_chief_in_Twitter__cheats__slur/

Then there was this one 'cheats never prosper' i wonder who tweeted that? lol

Certainly brought back memory's reading that, the thing that has surprised me is the final quote from Matt Ford is the same now as it was back then. Seems to have practiced it down to a tee 😛

• Like 1

*He was in the room.

another one who has been fooled by ford's propaganda.....i dont beleive that for one second he was cheaper than loram, loram was waiting for ford to get back to him which he didnt cuz he sorting out a deal for rickardsson instead.....not a very proffesional way to treat the world champ