British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Ela. 20/04/16

I'm not disagreeing with your comment. Enjoy the inevitability of the final score.

We beat Lakeside by a decent score a couple of weeks ago, but the racing was excellent. The scoreline often doesnt reflect the quality of racing.

• Like 1

fans picking meetings, thats the sad state speedway has got too....back in the day id go every week without fail , whoever the opponents where , cradley always had exciting riders ,

yes its more expensive , whose fault is that?

So you would remember what it was like in the early seventies then ?

every week in the late 70's /80's only time i missed a match was when we was on holiday

a bit young to remember early 70's

Edited by heathen chemistry

We beat Lakeside by a decent score a couple of weeks ago, but the racing was excellent. The scoreline often doesnt reflect the quality of racing.

I will enjoy the comments made when the meeting is over. Stay safe all riders. Poole to win is my opinion.

every week in the late 70's /80's only time i missed a match was when we was on holiday

Im talking about the early seventies

I must admit Coventry is the one team I don't mind Poole thrashing along with Swindon :D

Id never have guessed 😂

• Like 1

I must admit Coventry is the one team I don't mind Poole thrashing along with Swindon :D

I should imagine you will get your wish.

• Like 1

On the subject of fans picking and choosing their meetings, one has to remember that "in Poole there is nothing else to spend money on" so crowds will never drop when the product continues to be good and successful and will only ever increase even more in the holidays!! :-)

To misquote the 'Field of Dreams' film line - "If you build it , they will come"!!

As far as this meeting is concerned, KK will want to do well, Its one of Bomber's favourite tracks and the Bees will only need 3 r/r rides as the other will be a T/R. Add to that a change in Poole's riding order (Hans/Buzz) making for some different pairings!!

52-40 rather than the 56-34 ES thrashing!!

Edited by Skidder1

On the subject of fans picking and choosing their meetings, one has to remember that "in Poole there is nothing else to spend money on" so crowds will never drop when the product continues to be good and successful and will only ever increase even more in the holidays!! :-)

To misquote the 'Field of Dreams' film line - "If you build it , they will come"!!

As far as this meeting is concerned, KK will want to do well, Its one of Bomber's favourite tracks and the Bees will only need 3 r/r rides as the other will be a T/R. Add to that a change in Poole's riding order (Hans/Buzz) making for some different pairings!!

Well reasoned post, Skidder, but personally I can see another 20+ points difference here. Could depend on the relative performances of the No. 1's, rather than the Reserves this time. (Like the FoD misquote, by the way.)

Mentioning what there is to spend your money on in Poole, I noticed that Poole Town had a crowd of over 1,000 yesterday for their home match v Dunstable. Good reasons for that of course, but it is interesting to see how their home crowds at Tatnam do fluctuate depending on the opposition, ranging from 129 for a cup match, that they lost, to yesterday's high. Maybe it's the speedway fans who also go the football picking and choosing which Poole Town matches to watch? If so, it's a nice situation for Matt Ford to have. (All the rest of the Poole residents would be spending money on their expensive yachts of course.)

A tactical r/r ride?? Would still have to be Garrity,Bates or Sergeant?? Can't be KK, Harris or King as they can't have a r/r ride as they are not eligible...unless you know a rule change that the rest of us don't??

A tactical r/r ride?? Would still have to be Garrity,Bates or Sergeant?? Can't be KK, Harris or King as they can't have a r/r ride as they are not eligible...unless you know a rule change that the rest of us don't??

I expect someone told Skidder as that's the usual line that comes out from him😀😀

• Like 2

Id never have guessed

99.9% that you will get your wish. Enjoy the 'blue line' racing = borefest. Sorry wozo1 -- this was a reply to lisa collette not you!

Edited by fliss44
  • Like 1

99.9% that you will get your wish. Enjoy the 'blue line' racing = borefest.

I thought you were supporting BV now?! ;):)

I thought you were supporting BV now?! ;):)

Errr another farce in the speedway world! My only hope is that they get their act together and knock your lot off their perch. I doubt it tho'. If speedway becomes competitive again I will return to what was once a wonderful and FAIR sport. I ain't holding my breath.

99.9% that you will get your wish. Enjoy the 'blue line' racing = borefest. Sorry wozo1 -- this was a reply to lisa collette not you!

Good-ho. I like beating Coventry, not bothered by how many as long as it happens :D

Errr another farce in the speedway world! My only hope is that they get their act together and knock your lot off their perch. I doubt it tho'. If speedway becomes competitive again I will return to what was once a wonderful and FAIR sport. I ain't holding my breath.

When was it fair?

Edit - I'd almost be okay with Coventry having the losers point as I feel bad for some of their fans for having to put up with the rubbish team building by the management

Edited by lisa-colette