British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Belle Vue Grand Opening Refund?

Tsunami. Did any of the things you heard refer to the sub base on the third and fourth bends being defective? If not they have no significance because that was the cause of the cancellation, nothing else.

We all read the joint statement by Chapman and the SCB, which many thought outrageous and which clearly showed they had prejudged the matter and decided that the promotion was totally to blame. It seems odd therfore that what the Chairman of the SCB said following their investigation makes no mention of the matters to which you refer. It is obvious that they would have made much of anything that justified their ill thought out joint statement and would have taken evidence from anyone with credible and relevant information. Presumably, you and those spreading this information contacted them knowing the importance of what you knew? The truth is that far from giving credence to any rumours you heard they had to concede that on the Friday the track looked as if it would come good on the Saturday.

Nobody denies there were problems in the week leading up to meeting. I have mentioned it numerous times. However, Belle Vue have a very experienced track curator, work was done and the result was that on the Friday the track was fit for racing. Belle Vue thought so and so did the SCB. As I have said before, who would call off a meeting in those circumstances?

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

About as a surprise as you coming back to the forum after your dear john note ...everyone knew it was just a cry for help and your never would stick to it .how right they were .

:t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tsunami. Did any of the things you heard refer to the sub base on the third and fourth bends being defective? If not they have no significance because that was the cause of the cancellation, nothing else.

We all read the joint statement by Chapman and the SCB, which many thought outrageous and which clearly showed they had prejudged the matter and decided that the promotion was totally to blame. It seems odd therfore that what the Chairman of the SCB said following their investigation makes no mention of the matters to which you refer. It is obvious that they would have made much of anything that justified their ill thought out joint statement and would have taken evidence from anyone with credible and relevant information. Presumably, you and those spreading this information contacted them knowing the importance of what you knew? The truth is that far from giving credence to any rumours you heard they had to concede that on the Friday the track looked as if it would come good on the Saturday.

Nobody denies there were problems in the week leading up to meeting. I have mentioned it numerous times. However, Belle Vue have a very experienced track curator, work was done and the result was that on the Friday the track was fit for racing. Belle Vue thought so and so did the SCB. As I have said before, who would call off a meeting in those circumstances?

The track surface was defective and known about all during the week before. The cause, the sub base, was identified afterwards, but to say it has no significance shows the ostrich approach that the three of you are displaying on here. There is loyalty and loyalty but to be so dismissive is just crazy.

They had information about the concerns and rightly distanced themselves from the decision taken by the promotion. See the rubbishing of any information is still the party line. Two riders rode the track and Max OK'd it, what about the other rider. No comment.

But you are doing your best to suggest the opposite. The TWO track curators left the job on Wednesday. Would you confirm that they were happy with the condition the track was in.

The SCB inspected and passed the stadium, and issued a licence for the year as per required by the rules. The conditions in the rules do not include the track and it's ability to sustain a full speedway meeting.

Anybody who was realistic and listened to others, and did not want to try to bluff it out.

• Like 5

Tsunami. It is not dismissive it is common sense. The cause of the cancellation was the interaction of the defective base and the inclement weather. Nobody knew about the defective base and the assumption was that it was a problem with the top surface. Work was done and on the Friday the problem appeared to be solved. The test on the Friday showed the track to be raceable and the comments by the Chairman of the SCB, that the track looked as if it would come good on the Saturday, were nothing to do with the granting of the licence, they followed the investigation and obviously related to the condition of the track for racing.

Richie Worrall was even trying to persuade the others to ride on the Saturday.

Again, according to the SCB following the investigation, Colin Meredith at no time expressed an opinion that the track would not be ready for the meeting despite the Chairman of the SCB closely monitoring the situation from the Tuesday.

In short, the track was raceable on the Friday, the SCB have confirmed there was no reason to call it off at that time and the eventual cancellation was because of the interaction of the defective base and the inclement weather on the Saturday. It's not those of us who are basing our opinions on the evidence who are burying our heads, it is those who listen to rumour and make 2+2 =5 who need to stand back and consider the facts.

You can't expect people to give weight to the usual I've been told, can't say by whom and can't tell everything. That is not evidence by any standard.

Edited by Aces51

Tsunami. It is not dismissive it is common sense. The cause of the cancellation was the interaction of the defective base and the inclement weather. Nobody knew about the defective base and the assumption was that it was a problem with the top surface. Work was done and on the Friday the problem appeared to be solved. The test on the Friday showed the track to be raceable and the comments by the Chairman of the SCB, that the track looked as if it would come good on the Saturday, were nothing to do with the granting of the licence, they followed the investigation and obviously related to the condition of the track for racing.

It doesn't really matter who did what or who's to blame. It's been another disaster for the sport and ultimately attributable to insufficient testing of the track and possibly other facilities.

The promotion took a gamble that backfired, and must carry a fair degree of culpability for that regardless of the contractor issues. One also has to wonder how someone manages to omit an entire damp proof course without any noticing, especially if it's an element critical to the track which is the core ingredient of your product. I don't care who's contractually responsible - I'd have personally been inspecting the work at every juncture, especially with such limited time available to correct snags.

• Like 6

Still no refund.

Maybe one of the BV fans who continually try to justify what happened (and I'm making no judgement) could offer to contact BV for you and ask why no refund. They could then send you a message via pm to help resolve the matter.

That IMHO would do the reputation of Belle Vue far more good than them repeating themselves ad nauseum,

How about it Belle Vue folk?

Richie Worrall was even trying to persuade the others to ride on the Saturday.

Again, according to the SCB following the investigation, Colin Meredith at no time expressed an opinion that the track would not be ready for the meeting despite the Chairman of the SCB closely monitoring the situation from the Tuesday.

In short, the track was raceable on the Friday, the SCB have confirmed there was no reason to call it off at that time and the eventual cancellation was because of the interaction of the defective base and the inclement weather on the Saturday. It's not those of us who are basing our opinions on the evidence who are burying our heads, it is those who listen to rumour and make 2+2 =5 who need to stand back and consider the facts.

You can't expect people to give weight to the usual I've been told, can't say by whom and can't tell everything. That is not evidence by any standard.

You and your cohorts on here, do Belle Vue a disservice trying to push the blame for this disaster along like a copper at Hillsborough. Morton and Gordon have publicly said, and now agreed, that the track was not fit for racing, and it was only afterwards the real condition of the base was been found after the two recent excavations. They have sensibly taken their time to get the track ready to race, in conjunction with the council and their contractors, and very soon the track will host a meeting to prove it is fit for purpose. Why can you and your friends not concentrate on these positive things and look forward rather than rewrite the events leading up to the GOM. By this rewriting you are all dragging it all up again, and I am sure at this point in time both Morton and Gordon will be hoping that they can get on with the future, and enjoy the investment that a few, not me, thought would never be built. I wish the stadium well, and applaud their recent efforts, but you lot dragging the excuses around do not help their cause.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

You and your cohorts on here, do Belle Vue a disservice trying to push the blame for this disaster along like a copper at Hillsborough. Morton and Gordon have publicly said, and now agreed, that the track was not fit for racing, and it was only afterwards the real condition of the base was been found after the two recent excavations. They have sensibly taken their time to get the track ready to race, in conjunction with the council and their contractors, and very soon the track will host a meeting to prove it is fit for purpose. Why can you and your friends not concentrate on these positive things and look forward rather the rewrite the events leading up to the GOM. By this rewriting you are all dragging it all up again, and I am sure at this point in time both Morton and Gordon will be hoping that they can get on with the future, and enjoy the investment that a few, not me, thought would never be built. I wish the stadium well, and applaud their recent efforts, but you lot dragging the excuses around do not help their cause.

100% spot on.

This would be done and dusted and everyone focused on the first meeting by now if it weren't for a few lackeys continuing to live in denial. They are doing nothing but damage to the club they claim to support. Put it to bed now and look forwards, there are going to be great times ahead...

• Like 3

Its not excuses it is just a statement of facts, if everyone just stuck to the facts instead of rumours and opinion then this thread would be about our friend who's not got his money back.

You seem to have nearly got it although you still say they (belle vue?) are sensibly taking their time, they're not, it's the contractors who are putting it right and 'sensibly taking their time'. Why can't you grasp at least that fundamental fact.

If, when the track is tested (today?) and is good to go and then there's a problem on Friday who are you going to blame? A rhetorical question obviously as you and your little gang blamed belle vue the last time it happened didn't you?

Ah, finally the dark lord troll himself puts in an appearance with yet another superb example of trolling language. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

I think you will find my gang (if I had one ?) is bigger than yours. :D Lets start with the 6000 that attended, and a vast majority of your average speedway fans, as opposed the handfull on here from BV putting up the fences.

I will leave this debate before you and your little gang does more harm to the BV cause and Morton and Gordon.

• Like 2

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the folk at Hillsborough following their earlier mention.

Anybody who will repeatedly fight to right unjust claims made against friends and loved ones has to be commended by all of society, not just me.

Hammering home the facts of the matter in the face of bigoted ill informed people who only look to serve their own agenda can, I imagine be a thankless task but one that must be stuck too in the hope that the truth will one day be accepted by all in the spirit of common sense.

I admire their determination not to go quietly into the night but to fight on for truth! truth! truth!

A great day indeed.

• Like 1

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the folk at Hillsborough following their earlier mention.

Anybody who will repeatedly fight to right unjust claims made against friends and loved ones has to be commended by all of society, not just me.

Hammering home the facts of the matter in the face of bigoted ill informed people who only look to serve their own agenda can, I imagine be a thankless task but one that must be stuck too in the hope that the truth will one day be accepted by all in the spirit of common sense.

I admire their determination not to go quietly into the night but to fight on for truth! truth! truth!

A great day indeed.

Or a version of the truth,

Sometimes if you keep brow beating people with the same facts people eventually take it as the truth even thou it may not be

A great day indeed.

Good point it was great to see a cover up exposed ...just a shame they never owed up earlier rather than blaming everyone else .

Good point it was great to see a cover up exposed ...just a shame they never owed up earlier rather than blaming everyone else .

Is that BelleVuegate you are talking about, or Hillsborough.

• Like 1

Or a version of the truth,

Sometimes if you keep brow beating people with the same facts people eventually take it as the truth even thou it may not be

Must admit I don't mind being "brow beaten" with facts as you put it if it ends in me having a greater understanding of something, but I am a bit of a facts man.

It wears me down when people brow beat me with their opinions, opinions masquerading as a story of true events.

State the facts to find the truth. Opinions and hearsay are divisive and damaging.