British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Sat 23rd April 2016 @ 19:30

Well, we ran them close at Saddlebow Rd last night, the weather is set fair for Saturday, shouldn't be any Sun breaks, ideal temps for speedway engines, should be a good meeting..

LIONS to win 50-42, Inc a KL Tac Ride..

Will be coming down for this one, lots of things I like about Leicester stadium.

Not sure how we will do, certainly need to take our gating gloves ..... gotta go with a Stars 2 point win 😆

Just read the Stars press release & I'm at a loss as I can't see how we're allowed to run R/R for Schlein

I can't see a clash of fixtures for Jakobsen (unless he's racing in Europe somewhere?) so surely he should be in and Huckenbeck for Schlein as our No'8.

Surely if a team can run a full 7 they should be made too?

• Like 2

What's the weather forecast for this evening please in your area, as it's raining in my part of Norfolk at the moment?

What's the weather forecast for this evening please in your area, as it's raining in my part of Norfolk at the moment?

I have heard it is okay Mike

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/beaumont-leys/le4-1/weather-forecast/2519836

Try this Mike x

Edited by whippy

Fingers crossed then Maureen. Good to see you both the other night, looking so well.........ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING :lol:

Just read the Stars press release & I'm at a loss as I can't see how we're allowed to run R/R for Schlein

I can't see a clash of fixtures for Jakobsen (unless he's racing in Europe somewhere?) so surely he should be in and Huckenbeck for Schlein as our No'8.

Surely if a team can run a full 7 they should be made too?

There is a Danish under 21 meeting today but NBJ is not listed as a starter in that. However he is being replaced by Huckenbeck which is OK. And there is no doubting Schlein is injured so a facility is clearly available for him.

I suspect it is a byproduct of the "squad" rules being added late in the day. The rules refer to missing numbers one to seven and the various permutations of riders missing without adding any additional provisions for number 8s.

17.6 which deals with this makes no mention of no 8s, and section 17.4.1 dealing with no 8s says they can be used, not must.

So completely according to the rules. A long discussion is needed ( preferably well before the AGM) about how squads should work next year - but it's hard to draw many conclusions from the limited number of meetings we've had so far this year.

There is a Danish under 21 meeting today but NBJ is not listed as a starter in that. However he is being replaced by Huckenbeck which is OK. And there is no doubting Schlein is injured so a facility is clearly available for him.

I suspect it is a byproduct of the "squad" rules being added late in the day. The rules refer to missing numbers one to seven and the various permutations of riders missing without adding any additional provisions for number 8s.

17.6 which deals with this makes no mention of no 8s, and section 17.4.1 dealing with no 8s says they can be used, not must.

So completely according to the rules. A long discussion is needed ( preferably well before the AGM) about how squads should work next year - but it's hard to draw many conclusions from the limited number of meetings we've had so far this year.

I know it's completely within the rules but Jakobsen was signed as one of our top 5. I just think if teams are running squads they should be made to use them if there's no reason for a missing rider.

R/R for Summers - everyone but Ulamek can get an extra ride

R/R for Schlein - everyone can take one

Am I correct here?

I know it's completely within the rules but Jakobsen was signed as one of our top 5. I just think if teams are running squads they should be made to use them if there's no reason for a missing rider.

Certainly seems unfair on NBJ. It is easy to imagine a situation where he might make an attractive signing for another EL club who would actually use him. And he's at Peterborough tomorrow so I don't think Leicester tonite would add much to his travelling time!

R/R for Summers - everyone but Ulamek can get an extra ride

R/R for Schlein - everyone can take one

Am I correct here?

Correct on both counts

Certainly seems unfair on NBJ. It is easy to imagine a situation where he might make an attractive signing for another EL club who would actually use him. And he's at Peterborough tomorrow so I don't think Leicester tonite would add much to his travelling time!

It is unfair, I now feel he was only signed as a safe guard that keeps Huckenbeck as No'8. We have no intention of using Jakobsen clearly. Another rule loophole.

After a look at the models and charts, I expect it to stay dry all day/evening, just a chance of a rogue light shower after dark, could be light rain, or possibly soft hail, not an issue.... Temps around 12c in any sunnier spells, otherwise around 10c Light winds.... So all systems go!!!😃😃

Correct on both counts

It is unfair, I now feel he was only signed as a safe guard that keeps Huckenbeck as No'8. We have no intention of using Jakobsen clearly. Another rule loophole.

Can a number 8 guest for anyone else in the EL?

If so, he could end up guesting against his own team!!! If not, he doesn't get a very good deal, does he....??

Yes, weather okay so far. Cloudy but the sun keeps making an occasional appearance. There may be the chance of a shower but nothing to cause any problems with the track. I'm going to this one to see whippy so I suppose I'd better be a neutral fan tonight. :wink: One bit of advice ~ it's going to be really cold this evening so wrap up warm! I'll be wearing about 5 layers as it worked at Coventry last night.