British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Tai's Training Schools

What fee? Do you know he'll be charging one? Nope.

Oh and he WILL be doing it. I believe what he says. As for you, :rofl:

Do you really think he will do it for nothing lol

I can't see them Being free at all as certain things cost like

Insurance

First aid

Track hire

Etc etc

Do you really think he will do it for nothing lol

I don't know and neither do you...but I wouldn't put it past him. Tell you what, you could ask him yourself next Saturday when you speak to him. Oh yeah, that was just one of your many and persistent crocodile claims!!!

• Like 1

What fee? Do you know he'll be charging one? Nope.

Oh and he WILL be doing it. I believe what he says. As for you, :rofl:

So what happened to the TW training school are you still believing he will do one this year ?

I saw that James Grieves ran a training school a few weeks ago.

Too many excuses from TW who really only cares about himself and not British Speedway or its future but the few like you will always defend him.

• Like 2

So what happened to the TW training school are you still believing he will do one this year ?

I saw that James Grieves ran a training school a few weeks ago.

Too many excuses from TW who really only cares about himself and not British Speedway or its future but the few like you will always defend him.

Why don't you ask him??? Oh yeah, no kahuna's.

Bearing in mind the BSPA have ignored his suggestions on how to bring on British riders (ala his decision to not ride for Team GB in 2017), why the hell would he run training schools when they wouldn't be supported by our own governing body?

It's not difficult to work out by those with brain cells. I guess yours were nullified by all those speedway accidents you had :rofl:

Bearing in mind the BSPA have ignored his suggestions on how to bring on British riders (ala his decision to not ride for Team GB in 2017), why the hell would he run training schools when they wouldn't be supported by our own governing body?

Why would the BSPA support any riders training schools when they have supported the Poultec scheme for some time.

Just because someone is very good at what he/she does for a living does not mean they make good teachers/tutors.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 5

Why would the BSPA support any riders training schools when they have supported the Poultec scheme for some time.

Just because someone is very good at what he/she does for a living does not mean they make good teachers/tutors.

Poultec is not run by a two time World Champion who knows what it takes to get to the very highest level. I agree he might not be the best tutor, but we'll never know until he's given some support by those that matter in UK speedway. How many World Champions have come out of the Poultec training?

How do you think the worlds best in any discipline/profession get to be the worlds best? They get taught by the best, and in UK speedway that's Tai. And that's a fact, not opinion.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

How do you think the worlds best in any discipline/profession get to be the worlds best? They get taught by the best, and in UK speedway that's Tai. And that's a fact, not opinion.

Ok then tell me who taught....Ove Fundin, Ivan Mauger, Barry Briggs, Tony Rickardsson, Mark Loram, Peter Collins, Gary Havelock, Greg Hancock amongst others (not in chronological order).

Are you seriously telling us that each World Champion was responsible for teaching the next? No of course not and that my friend is FACT :wink:

I doubt many if any of them went to a training school. They may well have learnt from watching the previous champions on track and in the pits but then British riders are at a disadvantage aren't they cos they couldn't observe Tai Woffinden cos he didn't ride in Britain until he need some dosh and to keep match fit for the GPs. That my friend is another FACT :wink:

• Like 4

Ok then tell me who taught....Ove Fundin, Ivan Mauger, Barry Briggs, Tony Rickardsson, Mark Loram, Peter Collins, Gary Havelock, Greg Hancock amongst others (not in chronological order).

Are you seriously telling us that each World Champion was responsible for teaching the next? No of course not and that my friend is FACT :wink:

I doubt many if any of them went to a training school. They may well have learnt from watching the previous champions on track and in the pits but then British riders are at a disadvantage aren't they cos they couldn't observe Tai Woffinden cos he didn't ride in Britain until he need some dosh and to keep match fit for the GPs. That my friend is another FACT :wink:

Well let's look at the historic evidence....

There are far more foreign World Champions than British in speedway history. FACT.

Fundin, Mauger, Rickardsson and Hancock are all foreign and more importantly multi World Champions. FACT.

Tai is the only ever British double (hopefully multi in years to come) World Champion in history. FACT. (Edit: Of course Peter Craven won two also but they were in one off finals).

Tai won his two World Championships in GP years not one off's like many of those you name did. FACT.

In light of the above I would say that Tai has a huge amount he could pass on to British youngsters to try to get us up with the Fundin's, Mauger's, Rickardssons and Hancock's . Again that's a FACT. :P

Edited for accuracy regarding Peter Craven.

Edited by chris4gillian

Well let's look at the historic evidence....

There are far more foreign World Champions than British in speedway history. FACT.

Fundin, Mauger, Rickardsson and Hancock are all foreign and more importantly multi World Champions. FACT.

Makes no odds what nationality a rider is. Briggs, Mauger and Hancock did virtually all of their early years riding in the UK, so in many respects were the same as a Brit. Not sure what that has to do with Woffinden tho ;)

Tai is the only ever British double (hopefully multi in years to come) World Champion in history. FACT. (Edit: Of course Peter Craven won two also but they were in one off finals).

Glad you corrected your error.

Tai won his two World Championships in GP years not one off's like many of those you name did. FACT.

Not exactly sure what that has to do with anything but hey ho. If you are trying to suggest winning the World Championship via a GP series is more difficult that winning a one off final by going thro all the various qualifying rounds that's an entirely different argument.

In light of the above I would say that Tai has a huge amount he could pass on to British youngsters to try to get us up with the Fundin's, Mauger's, Rickardssons and Hancock's . Again that's a FACT. :P

No that's your opinion one which you are perfectly entitled to hold, repeating it ad nauseum does not make it a fact.

• Like 1

Mauger, Moore, and Briggs (multi world champions) still rode for Great Britain

• Like 2

Mauger, Moore, and Briggs (multi world champions) still rode for Great Britain

Because without the opportunity to come to the UK and ride they wouldn't of had the chance to win anything

• Like 1

Think Hancock had early tips and assitance form Bruce Penhall and Barry Briggs certainly learned from Ronnie Moore, but Mauger spent a lot of time with Jack Young prior to his 'second coming' (couldn't resist that) to the British League. And so it begat Ole Olsen spent a lot of time with Mauger in their Newcastle days and I believe Peter Collins, & Chris Morton, benefitted from some one-to-one tuition at Hyde Road with Mauger. Chris Morton was never individual Wolrd Chamipion of course but he did win the old World Team Cup with England and the World Best Pairs with Collins....

Because without the opportunity to come to the UK and ride they wouldn't of had the chance to win anything

Different ball game now though..