British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton V Poole. Ela 2/5/16

On our way back and well done to Wolves. Must now be clear favourites for the league after that demolition job on us.

In a way good to get the mantle of favourites off our back.

I knew we would lose this but not in such a pathetic way.

The only riders that can come out of this with ang credit are Hans, Buck and Ellis who battled all night. Kerr was simply not a replacement for Newman while Bjarne was wobbling around like Davey Watt and doing just as badly. Main complaint though is Holder who clearly didnt want to be there. He gave the opposition a bike length out of the tapes in three of his four heats and in 13 was 60 metres behind third place.

I hope Ellis is Ok a nasty crash and his bike went right over the first bend fence.

Wolves the title favourites? Or Swindon?

Wolves and Belle Vue. You thrashed Swindon the other week!!!

And people laughed when I said Wolves by 10! Well done to the wolf pack a well deserved victory. Sounds like only

1 rider turned up tonight. It's only May and a long way to go but Chris needs to get his bum in gear away from home.

Congratulations to the Wolves on winning so well against a team who hardly showed up bar a couple of riders.

Lots of questions to be asked and need answering by the others who were shocking and asking to get beaten.

Still it's only May and plenty of time to make amends?.......I hope!?

Only good thing to come out of the Poole display tonight was that hopefully It brought a smile to Davey's face :D

Edited by Poole Quay 7

C Holder needs to sit down and tell the truth to MF and Middlo. Chris is not interested in riding for Poole or in Britain. Chris scores well in the GP's and Poland. Some of Chris's performances for us this season have been laughable. Chris is just lying to himself by riding in Britain.

K Buczkowski is under performing as a second string.

A Ellis can walk out of tonight with his head held high 3 points as a Heat Leader from his first 2 rides.

B Pedersen why on earth did we sign him?

H Andersen was top draw as always.

B Kurtz was always going to struggle around Monmore in my opinion.

L Kerr has never ridden Monmore well tbh so I didn't expect Lewis to score much.

MF needs to throw money at riders because this team will not win the Elite League this year.

Get rid of C Holder for M Janowski. M Janowski would do Britain if the money was right. MONEY TALKS EVERYONE HAS A PRICE!

Get rid of B Pedersen already. Pointless signing no better than Davey.

I agree re Holder. Not interested in the uk. Poland , Sweden and the gp's is where the big boys are interested, which is why its strange people question why Tai isn't here.

Not a cat in hells chance a rising star like Janowski will want to ride here

• Like 1

If Muddlo was any team manager then he'd have made Kyle Newman team captain as without him they are as bad as the rest.

Well done to Wolves ,scored all the way round.Good crowd tonight , up to the levels we used to have, only down point was the racing which was largely poor. It needs to be better than that if your charging 18 quid

Edited by New Science

On our way back and well done to Wolves. Must now be clear favourites for the league after that demolition job on us.

In a way good to get the mantle of favourites off our back.

I knew we would lose this but not in such a pathetic way.

Poole are still favourites as well you know , nothing has changed.

However whilst I expected us to win nobody would have said that kind of thumping.

The pirates were gating but just being outsmarted time and time again.

The track proved tricky got the first 4 heats and provably just a little too loose and deep.

Some Poole riders should hang their heads in shame for giving little effort as there was a good smattering of Poole fans they let down badly.

Not a classic meeting by any stretch with some races well spread out.

But a big bank holiday crowd will have seen just how good Wolves are this season and to thump the champions and favourites was a nice bonus.

After the first 3 heats I thought we had a battle on our hands for a change however that challenge folded mid way thru, in particular giving a TR to Watt's poor replacement - how we chuckled.

hope Adam is ok as that was a nasty tumble.

Lovely chatting to a couple over from Brisbane and tonight was their first British track hopefully it didn't disappoint. Good friends of Darcy's dad George.

WOLVES (table toppers)

FRED - a decent night for Fred, although took 2 heats to warm up. 3/5

SAM - another solid night for Sam, don't expect a maximum every week but for me was one of the most underrated signings in the EL. 3.5/5

MIKKEL - either poor or decent, can see him spending time at reserve soon. Yet to really impress. 2/5

JACOB - dropped a solitary point to Hans. Quick and assured and much more dangerous in a second string role. 4.5/5

JOONAS - certainly loves exploiting the many passing lines although not as prolific paid ten is still a great score all the same. 2.5/5

MAX - mostly out his depth at this level although a great effort to hold 3rd in Heat 12 saw him lose it at the chequered flag. 1/5

KYLE - excellent night for the top reserve in the EL. Surely he will move up now after 4 matches? When? Beat Pedersen, Buczk to boot. 4.5/5 MOTM

POOLE (title favourites)

Holder - one race he gated and won well , the others not even bothered. A disgrace for a GP rider. 1/5

Buczkowski - put in some effort at least and won heat 1 well. 2/5

ELLIS - impressed. Very assured riding and gating in his 3 heats. Hopefully he is ok after his akward spill 3/5

Pedersen - what's the point. I'd say dreadful but that flatters him a little. 0/5

Andersen - superb. Fast and chasing when behind. A pirate with pride (a rarity tonight) 4.5/5

Kurtz - unlucky in heat 5 so would have scored more. Certainly tried although besides one heat was owned by the Wolves top reserve. 2.5/5

Kerr - was never going to do what Kyle is capable of but was beyond ordinary all the same. 0.5/5

Well done to Wolves ,scored all the way round.Good crowd tonight , up to the levels we used to have, only down point was the racing which was largely poor. It needs to be better than that if your charging 18 quid

Racing was virtually non existent. It's great that the teams winning, but that's not enough for me.

I want to see some entertainment and we're not getting it at Monmore Green any more.

• Like 4

still think poole will win the title,but also thought bjarne was poor replacement. he will get 10 one week for sure, in between two" and fours..holder will become interested once the play offs start..whilst he is highly in the GPs, don't expect much domestically, clear reason why british speedway in the state its in now!

• Like 1

Racing was virtually non existent. It's great that the teams winning, but that's not enough for me.

I want to see some entertainment and we're not getting it at Monmore Green any more.

And your not likely to if your having Greyhounds 3 hrs berfore your meeting starts... I do hope this is not a regular thing for you.

And your not likely to if your having Greyhounds 3 hrs berfore your meeting starts... I do hope this is not a regular thing for you.

When did Wolves not have greyhounds before the speedway ?

• Like 2

what the hell has greyhounds got to do with the quality of the racing?

Any thoughts on Holder and Pedersen??

what has greyhounds got todo with poor racing? or am I missing the point?

Edited by ColinMills