British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stiltonpanther

Glasgow V Peterborough Sunday 1-5-16

Good pay day for the majority today Richie W being the stand out with a sublime max. Ben s looking like getting back to his best Rich & Aaron there usual reliable selfs and young Nike getting the points his efforts deserve.

Expected more from the Panthers but that was more down to us riding well rather than them riding poorly

Was a pleasure meeting up with stiltonpanther i am sure you will enjoy Loch Lomond tomorrow mate more than the meeting today.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Totally embarràssed by our performance today but have to say Glasgow are a class act and well done to them. It was my first visit and was very impressed with the track and facilities. It was good to meet gasc.

• Like 4

Well what can I say after that, Glasgow beginning to click now and even though the score line was very one sided there were some terrific races with Lunna and Barker getting to grips with there new home.

Worrall looks to have settled in at Ashfield very quickly and produced the fastest time of the season in his 3rd ride.

• Like 2

Well what can I say after that, Glasgow beginning to click now and even though the score line was very one sided there were some terrific races with Lunna and Barker getting to grips with there new home.

Worrall looks to have settled in at Ashfield very quickly and produced the fastest time of the season in his 3rd ride.

Think if Richie is happy in his environment it translates to his performances on track he was a 9pt Rider at Newcastle 3 seasons ago but Ipswich & Somerset didn't really work out for him.

By his own admission he says he is loving it at Glasgow and we are loving having him at Glasgow he could well push for that 9pt average again it is certainly not beyond him the way he is riding , infact we could potentially have four 9pt riders by July as Ben seems to be loving it as well and his performance level has went up a notch the past couple off weeks

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Terrific display from all the Tigers today. Like someone else said, a lot of it was down to our guys riding well rather than PB riding poorly. Ben predicted last week that someone would get a tanking and today it happened to be PB.

I remember reading somewhere that the average calculation is slightly different this year, does anyone have any details on it and when are they due to change?

Glasgow was always gonna end up with 4 riders 8.50 and above was just a case of will Garcia and Lunna step up, they have, and means Glasgow will be title contenders for sure, with Somerset.

Blimey Peterborough are worse than us and that's saying something at the moment!

• Like 1

Will be tight between us over 2 legs, but couldn't agree more, both awful at the second.

Terrific display from all the Tigers today. Like someone else said, a lot of it was down to our guys riding well rather than PB riding poorly. Ben predicted last week that someone would get a tanking and today it happened to be PB.

I remember reading somewhere that the average calculation is slightly different this year, does anyone have any details on it and when are they due to change?

great score from the boys , just need to get Danny going again and we will be totally awesome

• Like 1

great score from the boys , just need to get Danny going again and we will be totally awesome

Danny is actually going fine but is getting needlessly frustrated at times. Bearing in mind his short time in speedway as long as he achieves his average each meeting which he did today we cant ask for more at this stage. He hasnt yet seen most of the PL tracks and needs to gain experience before he improves. Just look at how Garcia has improved after having served a full year in the PL.

• Like 5

Few decent races although the track became a bit one line by the end - gate and stick your back wheel on the fence and you weren't going to get passed. A bit of a shame because Ashfield now has a superb shape - the days of the squaredome are long gone - and it could be very good indeed.

Tigers were excellent - maximum from Worrall (never looked like getting beaten), Barker, Lunna (very impressive) and Lawson beaten just once.

Ostergaard made a couple of gates, Jakobsen was OK and Perry tried hard but the rest were rubbish. Far too much bumping on the kerb after two or three laps, too.

At £22.50 for parking, programme & entry Glasgow is now the most expensive PL track and Belle Vue tomorrow will be cheaper :nono:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

If £22.50 means getting a top 4 of those currently there, I'd pay for that.

• Like 5

Few decent races although the track became a bit one line by the end - gate and stick your back wheel on the fence and you weren't going to get passed. A bit of a shame because Ashfield now has a superb shape - the days of the squaredome are long gone - and it could be very good indeed.

Tigers were excellent - maximum from Worrall (never looked like getting beaten), Barker, Lunna (very impressive) and Lawson beaten just once.

Ostergaard made a couple of gates, Jakobsen was OK and Perry tried hard but the rest were rubbish. Far too much bumping on the kerb after two or three laps, too.

At £22.50 for parking, programme & entry Glasgow is now the most expensive PL track and Belle Vue tomorrow will be cheaper :nono:

Two years ago the same would have cost £19.50 in a ramshackle stadium with a portakabin for the public toilets. Whilst it is expensive I know what id rather have for £3 more.

• Like 4

Unfortunately partly because we are so far North I suppose, we are still not making money. However I know once the weather improves (if????) and more importantly there isn't football on Sky every bloody Sunday - the crowds will be up.

I've managed to get a few new fans coming, one of whom has been there every week since, but today was a disappointing attendence

Edited by damosuzuki
  • Like 1

after the first couple of heats when the magnetic air fence panel on the third/fourth bend had claimed another couple of victims I thought It was going to be a poor affair. well as usual I was wrong. several very good close heats and plenty passes to boot. Away riders also being able to pass and despite the scoreline the panthers did get by a few times to make the racing even better. Tom Perry seemed willing to mix it no problem. quickest run meeting in ages, happy days!

• Like 1