British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hagonshocker

Swindon V Lakeside Thursday 5th May 2016

Amazing how a couple of victories can improve the mood but Swindon should be looking to add 3 more points and further improvement from the side with this fixture.

Lakeside are somewhat odd around the Abbey over the years can be competitive and also can flatter to deceive, expect AJ to front up but what of the rest? Is Kennett riding in this one as he looked fast last time out here but suspect Swiderski Bridger will struggle against the newly gained confidence and hunger of my boys.

• Like 2

ROAD WORKS WARNING for any fans coming to Swindon who use the A419 dual carriageway to or from the speedway to the M4 and up to junction 11a on the M5.

Roadworks will cause the closure of the road overnight from 8pm for 6 weeks from tomorrow tues , so if you use this road work out an alternative route home rather than following the diversions, some of which will be through Swindon. They are saying they are going to close the road in sections so you will need to check out whatever information you can get hold of and have various alternative routes to bypass the works.

A second period of 6 weeks at the end of August will also see overnight closures.

Lakeside won away at Leicester but cannot see them getting any points at Stad de Blunsdon.

The robins are on a run and getting better each week so we should get the three points and move up the league.

• Like 2

Amazing how a couple of victories can improve the mood but Swindon should be looking to add 3 more points and further improvement from the side with this fixture.

Lakeside are somewhat odd around the Abbey over the years can be competitive and also can flatter to deceive, expect AJ to front up but what of the rest? Is Kennett riding in this one as he looked fast last time out here but suspect Swiderski Bridger will struggle against the newly gained confidence and hunger of my boys.

Kennett is flying mate he could be a real danger, always liked Eddie got some stick at Swindon when it was unjust in my opinion.A home win for me Nilsson is a bit of a enigma and i think the Hammers look vulnerable at reserve.
  • Like 2

Should be a easy home win...lets hope we can keep are feet on the ground as it looks after beating a poor cov side people have got carried away and started talking about play offs and titles etc .

• Like 2

lakeside should keep this close. Look stronger on paper than the robins

Edited by mdmc82

lakeside should keep this close. Look stronger on paper than the robins

Meetings arent won on paper they are won on shale

• Like 1

Lakeside have caused us a shock defeat in the past but cannot see that happening thurs.

With Lakeside losing top spot in the league they need something out this meeting unless they might start slipping away.

I reckon the Hammers will take a losing point tho.

Unless Swindon have really turned a corner which we have a glimpse in the past couple of matches.

With Lakeside losing top spot in the league they need something out this meeting unless they might start slipping away.

I reckon the Hammers will take a losing point tho.

Unless Swindon have really turned a corner which we have a glimpse in the past couple of matches.

fingers crossed on that one.. :D

Of course Swindon will win quite apart from how the top 5's do the EDR farce ensures that for the majority of meetings the home reserves will overwhelm their visiting counterparts. Swindon and Lakeside are both caught in that trap and there is nothing they can do about it. The position will probably be reversed when Swindon visit Lakeside. Both Rosco and Mick Horton have admitted in SS in the last couple of weeks that the BSPA have made a dogs breakfast of the EDR scheme this season.

Can only see a substantial home win.

Meetings arent won on paper they are won on shale

And the winner for stating the bleeding obvious is....... 👍

Looking at the two sides on paper I think Lakeside may take a point if AJ has a good night.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

And the winner for stating the bleeding obvious is.......

Looking at the two sides on paper I think Lakeside may take a point if AJ has a good night.

'on paper' is a stupid pointless saying like i said you win sod all on paper look at Poole away? On 'paper' they should beat everyone but they havent have they?...on 'paper' Leicester City should have finished bottom half of the Premier League but erm? So stick your award where the sun dont shine and your paper for wiping it after

• Like 1

'on paper' is a stupid pointless saying like i said you win sod all on paper look at Poole away? On 'paper' they should beat everyone but they havent have they?...on 'paper' Leicester City should have finished bottom half of the Premier League but erm? So stick your award where the sun dont shine and your paper for wiping it after

Not really because on paper Coventry look crap, and in reality and on track they are.

• Like 2

Will the new co-owners be introduced on Thursday?? Is M. Bowden the same chap who ran Plymouth a while ago??

Will the new co-owners be introduced on Thursday?? Is M. Bowden the same chap who ran Plymouth a while ago??

Definitely not the same chap....Swindon's Mike Bowden is a former Director at Swindon Town

• Like 1