British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

I am amazed at the profound wisdom. I'd never realised that if one race is the best of the night the others might no be as good. :lol:

That's Starman for you. Only Poole can ride well, apart from at Leicester that is!

I think you are probably old enough to have heard the expression 'Rome wasn't built in a day'?

Seriously, what were you expecting? No speedway track I know or have known produces epic speedway every meeting. There are differing variables.

This country now has a fantastic stadium to host international calibre events and because this meeting wasn't full of passes your assessment is that it's crap. Perhaps if Young Gollob had been in the Aces line up it might have produced a better scenario!

A much more measured and reasonable response would be to give it two or three months, especially with its well documented problems and perhaps give a view at this stage.

The race I saw suggests that given time the track has potential. It most certainly isn't 'a Leicester' and not sure why you have commented in this negative way.

I look forward to visiting BV and this impressive facility in the not too distant future.

I commented negatively because the racing was rubbish, simple as. It says everything that the Belle Vue supporters on here haven't ripped my post apart as they know I have a point.

On Friday night, Jon Armstrong pulled off a stunning ride by taking one of the Colts on the inside and one on the outside as he went from third to first. I believe its on Facebook, so take a look.

If he could do that in the first meeting, why does it need 3 months to bed in ?

I also said that my disappointment was much greater simply because of the expectations that I had. If Armstrong could do that, I was wondering precisely what the likes of Cook and Zagar could do. Thanks to the track, it turned out to be very little.

And that's really my point. I'd accept no track produces fantastic meetings every time (although its rare that I have seen a bad one at Scunthorpe, for example) but the size, shape and banking at NSS is so impressive there's every chance Belle Vue fans will see an awful lot of them. That's if the track is prepared correctly, of course. If it isn't, it will be no better than Leicester - as we saw all too clearly on Wednesday.

Its been said - hes on holiday, cant the man have an holiday, hes been through a stressful time in the last few weeks - he'll be back.

A lot was said against Dave Gordon/Chris Morton a few weeks back when the reportedly the contractors messed things up, I would like to give them some praise on the design of the track. Its reported they spent time going to various tracks across Europe, and keeping in mind the Hyde Road track, and came up with whats now being raced on, and getting positive reviews from posters on here. So, well done Dave and Chris

Of course he can take a holiday.

But why bring in someone who got sacked a few years ago for disastrously ruining a track surface leading to a meeting being called off ?

As some have said, this was close to an opening meeting and there are a lot of good track curators about.

Why not get one of them in ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Bloody ell just got back from holiday in Poole and saw the Rockin Roobins are top after winning at Belle Vue without Doyley!, Fantastic scoring from Tunny, and heat 11 was superb. They were second from bottom, and are now at least top until Monday. Hope they can do the double over Lynn to stay there. Well done guys, Need big crowd at The Shabbey next week.

With new consortium and new stadium things are looking up for west-country speedway fans.

GO ROOBINS!!!

• Like 1

Bloody ell just got back from holiday in Poole and saw the Rockin Roobins are top after winning at Belle Vue without Doyley!, Fantastic scoring from Tunny, and heat 11 was superb. They were second from bottom, and are now at least top until Monday. Hope they can do the double over Lynn to stay there. Well done guys, Need big crowd at The Shabbey next week.

With new consortium and new stadium things are looking up for west-country speedway fans.

GO ROOBINS!!!

pretty sure the internet is active down Dorset way.. :D:P

• Like 1

GO ROOBINS!!!

How dare you "Downsman " the toilets have improved specially on the cheap side😀Shabbey what does that mean anyway on the team front things are looking good i think we will get the double over the stars and beat the RICH revolting Pirates at home happy with that.😀 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Problem is mate, it was said, to be the best race of the night, so what were the rest like ?

Not as good as that one :rofl::rofl:

Edited by orion

How dare you "Downsman " the toilets have improved specially on the cheap sideShabbey what does that mean anyway on the team front things are looking good i think we will get the double over the stars and beat the RICH revolting Pirates at home happy with that.

How have they improved Sidders? You mean to say there is running water in there nowadays? What about the cockroaches? Any sign of them?

I commented negatively because the racing was rubbish, simple as. It says everything that the Belle Vue supporters on here haven't ripped my post apart as they know I have a point.

On Friday night, Jon Armstrong pulled off a stunning ride by taking one of the Colts on the inside and one on the outside as he went from third to first. I believe its on Facebook, so take a look.

If he could do that in the first meeting, why does it need 3 months to bed in ?

I also said that my disappointment was much greater simply because of the expectations that I had. If Armstrong could do that, I was wondering precisely what the likes of Cook and Zagar could do. Thanks to the track, it turned out to be very little.

And that's really my point. I'd accept no track produces fantastic meetings every time (although its rare that I have seen a bad one at Scunthorpe, for example) but the size, shape and banking at NSS is so impressive there's every chance Belle Vue fans will see an awful lot of them. That's if the track is prepared correctly, of course. If it isn't, it will be no better than Leicester - as we saw all too clearly on Wednesday.

Of course he can take a holiday.

But why bring in someone who got sacked a few years ago for disastrously ruining a track surface leading to a meeting being called off ?

As some have said, this was close to an opening meeting and there are a lot of good track curators about.

Why not get one of them in ?

I felt the same as you on Wed H T and came home feeling a little disapointed.But after watching the Colts match last night the track really showed its true potential there were more passes than i have fingers and toes to count on it was a briliant race meeting.I dont know what happened on Wednesday perhaps the Belle vue boys could not find the right set up and the Swindon riders did who knows.as they certainly showed us how to ride it.If thats the case i hope the Belle vue riders take the time to get some practise on the track before our next home meeting.Having said that i would like to think that with time that the home riders will get dialed in and the track will build up some more dirt as its a little to slick for me at the moment and the outside line will be a lot better when it does.Time is the key.

Edited by B.V 72

How have they improved Sidders? You mean to say there is running water in there nowadays? What about the cockroaches? Any sign of them?

Cockroaches? What you mean it's now a stand specifically designed for Reading and Oxford Exiles?.....

The stench will stay with me for ever ER,that memory will stay with me. Saying that the wall behind those bogs saved me a fortune over the years never paid for years.The club got my entrance money back in other ways though spent LOADS on memorabilia. Edited by Sidney the robin

I am hearing the delays to building the new Swindon Stadium is because a "save The Backstraight Bogs" petition has been put to the council and English Heritage to make it a grade one listed building. The petition states that the smell is unreplaceable and that the green mould growing naturally in the urinals cannot be found anywhere else in the UK and needs to be protected just as rare orchids are. The British Flora and Fauna Society say the mould is only to be found here and have named it Blunsdonius Pisstarium.

The legislation the group are trying to put into place will mean a delay or possible cancellation of the new stadium. When asked for a quite, team manager Alun Rossiter told the reporter to bog off.

• Like 3

I felt the same as you on Wed H T and came home feeling a little disapointed.But after watching the Colts match last night the track really showed its true potential there were more passes than i have fingers and toes to count on it was a briliant race meeting.I dont know what happened on Wednesday perhaps the Belle vue boys could not find the right set up and the Swindon riders did who knows.as they certainly showed us how to ride it.If thats the case i hope the Belle vue riders take the time to get some practise on the track before our next home meeting.Having said that i would like to think that with time that the home riders will get dialed in and the track will build up some more dirt as its a little to slick for me at the moment and the outside line will be a lot better when it does.Time is the key.

More passes than you can count fingers, but the best race of the night was heat 13... Good PR that... Practice, good riders shouldn't need practice, they should be able to fathom the lines out for themselves quickly. So you just think they can just turn up and practice? If you do you are totally clueless.

I am hearing the delays to building the new Swindon Stadium is because a "save The Backstraight Bogs" petition has been put to the council and English Heritage to make it a grade one listed building. The petition states that the smell is unreplaceable and that the green mould growing naturally in the urinals cannot be found anywhere else in the UK and needs to be protected just as rare orchids are. The British Flora and Fauna Society say the mould is only to be found here and have named it Blunsdonius Pisstarium.

The legislation the group are trying to put into place will mean a delay or possible cancellation of the new stadium. When asked for a quite, team manager Alun Rossiter told the reporter to bog off.

Did you know, they are going to re-name those bogs I hear dear old uncle Rosco is going to cut the tape... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Got to say the Colts meetings so far have been superb, far better racing than the EL. I cant see me missing any meetings at this level after admittedly being a tad sceptical to begin with. The level is far better than the last time i saw an NL meeting.

Edited by bellevueace

I am hearing the delays to building the new Swindon Stadium is because a "save The Backstraight Bogs" petition has been put to the council and English Heritage to make it a grade one listed building. The petition states that the smell is unreplaceable

That problem has been solved. Swindon council have got hold of the minutes from the BSPA meeting where Matt Ford got Kyle Newman to be rated as one of the lower averaged fast track reserves.... They say that stinks more than the Swindon backstraight bogs

• Like 3

That problem has been solved. Swindon council have got hold of the minutes from the BSPA meeting where Matt Ford got Kyle Newman to be rated as one of the lower averaged fast track reserves.... They say that stinks more than the Swindon backstraight bogs

Not a very good bit of wit from the forum has been..