British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Swindon V. Poole (ela) - Moved To Bank Holiday Monday 30th May At 4.00 Pm

Overall, Poole just deserved the win. No sign of the new Blunsdon though.

And not likely to be either...

That will do... #piratepride

Why was your track so dusty. Who prepared it, the tea boy.

Be careful, teaboy will see this, you may be offered a ride to Wales with big R.....

We have a good bunch of lads who have done well, very well, over the last few weeks- and indeed they did so yesterday- but I think that was probably the reality check that was coming our way.

More worrying for me was just how dreary the meeting was. How amateur it all seemed. I took a friend along who hadn't been for 4 or 5 years and he was shocked at it. The track was slick as, well, as slick as Poole (why so shy with the watering?) and the presentation dull. And how embarrasing to go to all the trouble of having a live band to kick them off after one song!

They attracted a decent crowd then forgot all about entertaining them. No wonder speedway is in the parlous state that it is.

• Like 1

We have a good bunch of lads who have done well, very well, over the last few weeks- and indeed they did so yesterday- but I think that was probably the reality check that was coming our way.

More worrying for me was just how dreary the meeting was. How amateur it all seemed. I took a friend along who hadn't been for 4 or 5 years and he was shocked at it. The track was slick as, well, as slick as Poole (why so shy with the watering?) and the presentation dull. And how embarrasing to go to all the trouble of having a live band to kick them off after one song!

They attracted a decent crowd then forgot all about entertaining them. No wonder speedway is in the parlous state that it is.

Did you enjoy the music 😅😅

Indeed the racing and track, were left wanting.

As for the presentation of the meeting...I actually thought it wasn't too bad compared with what I've seen recently.

The band played more than one song...they played for at least half an hour before the meeting. It was enjoyable in a macabre type way though, as they murdered pretty much every song ;-)

Like you, I took someone....they had never seen speedway before and knew nothing about it...so no preconceived ideas or knowledge of the past.

I got many positive comments from her...the one negative stuck in my head though...'Why do the majority of people look so grumpy and bored?'

The scoreline kept it interesting...the racing didn't...I noted 3 passes all meeting...very processional, and imo, because of the track, very little chance of overtaking.

In the past, it was often just as processional, but I remember fans urging their teams rider on, when trying to make moves to catch up and pass.

Yesterday...it felt like everyone knew it was almost impossible...hence the slightly dour feeling in the crowd?

Who knows...but it certainly felt like that.

• Like 1

Did you enjoy the music

A local band who may have sounded great to local people? To me they were a little rough around the edges. :wink:

• Like 1

Really...

Compare the heatleaders...

Poole Noddy, Buzz and Hans whilst Swindon have Jason, Rohan and Justin...

Swindon have been 'punching above their weight' for a while now and did well to run the Pirates so close...

looking at the bigger picture though, it was the two exclusions that cost us the match in the end.

Yes, the track didn't help those who missed the gate which is disappointing, was the track soaked early doors because the wind really dried it out.

JD - costly lock up but on the gas as always

JG - always in the thick of things

RT - thought he was coming to see us on the 4th bend when he beat Holder

NM - see JD

JS - getting more and more impressed with Sedgy

CW - disappointingly struggled when we needed him most

SN - impressive display, stepped up where CW failed to

CH - looked quick all afternoon

AE - expected more from him, didn't deserve the collarbone injury though

KB - in the mix and enjoyed watching him

BP - did he score more than Watty?? Jury out on that one

HA - didn't look quick all afternoon, apart from his rollers :D

BK - impressive

KN - impressive

So a blip on our run to the play-offs, normal service will be resumed, but not on Wednesday :P

Edited by dump that clutch
  • Like 1

Absolutely true about passing. When Holder and Andersenmissed the start against Morris and Tungate it was all over by the second bend. A woman was screaming for them to keep going but I said to her its all over already. In fact I think Hans gave up after two laps. There was nothing. There were about three or four passes all meeting. Seen worse though this year at Leicester.

Nice to see a big crowd though. Proves the sport can do well with some serious effort.

looking at the bigger picture though, it was the two exclusions that cost us the match in the end.

Yes, the track didn't help those who missed the gate which is disappointing, was the track soaked early doors because the wind really dried it out.

CW - disappointingly struggled when we needed him most

SN - impressive display, stepped up where CW failed to

Plus the fact that Charles had a crap engine which was the reason for his performance.

• Like 1

Poole fully deserved the win.

Kurtz the match winner and James Sergeant also rode well at 5 for Poole.

Poole had more tenacity, which was summed up perfectly in heat 14. Morris aggressive and rode Buck to the fence. Tungate on a ultra slick track where passing was at a premium and had a 30 yard head start spends the next 2 laps riding ultra conservatively and looking forward over his shoulder. Needless to say Buck didn't turn the offer down.

Tungate isn't good enough at this level. He excelled in the reserve berth but he was not brought in to the team to ride at reserve. By the end of this week we will be halfway through the season. I think Tungate has not shown enough to warrant being kept in for the remainder of the season. If riders have volunteered their services to Rosco and given RT's current inflated average, now is the time to make that change.

Chas was poor yesterday but not his type of track and not down to effort either. Had he brought his trapping boots the result may have been different but he was up against 2 quality reserves yesterday and it showed.

Losing at home, again, makes it imperative that less than 3 points at Leicester could be the difference between a play off spot and missing out.

Poole fully deserved the win.

Poole had more tenacity, which was summed up perfectly in heat 14. Morris aggressive and rode Buck to the fence. Tungate on a ultra slick track where passing was at a premium and had a 30 yard head start spends the next 2 laps riding ultra conservatively and looking forward over his shoulder. Needless to say Buck didn't turn the offer down.

Tungate isn't good enough at this level. He excelled in the reserve berth but he was not brought in to the team to ride at reserve. By the end of this week we will be halfway through the season. I think Tungate has not shown enough to warrant being kept in for the remainder of the season. If riders have volunteered their services to Rosco and given RT's current inflated average, now is the time to make that change.

Chas was poor yesterday but not his type of track and not down to effort either. Had he brought his trapping boots the result may have been different but he was up against 2 quality reserves yesterday and it showed.

Losing at home, again, makes it imperative that less than 3 points at Leicester could be the difference between a play off spot and missing out.

What about Musielak?maybe.

Did Rosco say yesterday that riders have offered there services?

Heard that to mate want to give Rohan longer myself not my decision though. Edited by Sidney the robin

:rofl:

TBF Hans was rolling when Sarj was still in nappies!