British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Swindon V. Poole (ela) - Moved To Bank Holiday Monday 30th May At 4.00 Pm

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2677

SWINDON'S eagerly-awaited Elite League clash with reigning champions Poole at the Abbey has been moved to Bank Holiday Monday, May 30 (4pm).

The switch has been agreed due to the absence of key riders on the intended date of May 26 and has been done in order to provide a competitive meeting which fans of both teams will want to be at.

M&S Van Rentals Robins boss Alun Rossiter said: "Speedway is an entertainment business and we want to see a bumper crowd for this fixture at the Abbey.

"It's a perfect way to spend a Bank Holiday Monday and we look forward to welcoming both our own fans and those from Poole that fancy making the trip up to back their side."

Swindon are next in action next Wednesday and Thursday - they head to King's Lynn on May 18 with the return at the Abbey the following night.

Could lead to a bumper crowd.

Do we know which riders were going to be missing on the original date? I'd be surprised if we get anything from this meeting tbh!

Do we know which riders were going to be missing on the original date? I'd be surprised if we get anything from this meeting tbh!

It's the SEC challenge final in Olching Germany on that date- Swindon bending over backwards to help Poole !!!!! Edited by racers and royals

It's the SEC challenge final in Olching Germany on that date- Swindon bending over backwards to help Poole !!!!!

Whilst it does help Poole (Andersen & Buczkowski missing as I understand) the alternative was to run the meeting with 2 x 6pt PL riders in their place. If a change like this can be accommodated then fair play to both sides for switching it. And a Bank Holiday at 4pm should pull in some numbers if the weather is kind

• Like 3

Whilst it does help Poole (Andersen & Buczkowski missing as I understand) the alternative was to run the meeting with 2 x 6pt PL riders in their place. If a change like this can be accommodated then fair play to both sides for switching it. And a Bank Holiday at 4pm should pull in some numbers if the weather is kind

Buckzowski still has to qualify on Sunday(top4) to get into the final
  • Like 1

Would Poole do this if the position was reversed. NO! I would not give an inch to them, they agreed the date knowing the Speedway calendar. Use their win at all costs mentality against them & then see if Ford has a re-think!

Would Poole do this if the position was reversed. NO! I would not give an inch to them, they agreed the date knowing the Speedway calendar. Use their win at all costs mentality against them & then see if Ford has a re-think!

I think Rosco is actually being smart here! Do Matt a favour and maybe he'll do one in return at AGM. You never know!! Swindon will win whether we have Buzz and Hans or not.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. That said, I'm much more likely to spend my £17 if Buzz & Hans are there than if they were replaced by a couple of 6 pointers

• Like 1

I think Rosco is actually being smart here! Do Matt a favour and maybe he'll do one in return at AGM. You never know!! Swindon will win whether we have Buzz and Hans or not.

You must live in Dreamland, the only favours he does are to suit Poole. His words I believe as quoted in the Echo!

• Like 1

Another 3 points for the Roobins followed by 4 points on the wed at Poole :party:

• Like 1

Why would i want to watch Poole with riders missing madness winning is not everything not to me anyway.If we beat Poole with Buzz/Hans in the side great otherwise Swindon speedway,s responsibility is to try to entertain the public.And hopefully they will be rewarded with a 1800/2000 crowd fair play to Rosco on this he wants to win this match more than anyone but he sees the bigger picture.

Another 3 points for the Roobins followed by 4 points on the wed at Poole :party:

:D :D Lol.

Gonna get past 35 this time then! ;):D

Yes, and that will just be the reserve scores :wink:

• Like 1

:rofl: :rofl:

They only got 31 last time :rofl: