British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Storm V King's Lynn Friday 13th May

Thursday May 12, 2016

COVENTRY Storm bid for a hat-trick of wins when they face Kings Lynn at Brandon on Friday in the Travel Plus National League (7.30pm).

Victory for the City Gearboxes Storm could elevate them to second position in the league table following last weekends successes against Cradley and Stoke.

The Storm are at full strength for the meeting, with Liam Carr showing no ill effects from the crash he suffered in Heat 15 last week against the Heathens.

Carr was still able to ride in his Premier League meetings over the weekend for Berwick as scheduled, and he returns to the Storm team after Danny Ayres stood in successfully at Loomer Road.

Second-strings Conor Dwyer and Ryan Terry-Daley will also be looking to keep their form going, with both set to post impressive advances on their average when new figures come into effect on Saturday a comment also applicable to fast-improving reserve Jamie Halder.

Kings Lynn arrive with a team showing just one change from 2015 with Nathan Greaves, previously of Cradley and in fact a former Coventry mascot, signed over the winter to replace Jake Knight.

The Young Stars have two impressive teenage talents in Josh Bailey and Ryan Kinsley, with the former having piled up 16+1 from reserve in the corresponding fixture at Brandon last August. He is now scoring heavily in the main body of the Lynn team.

Dale Allitts side had made an encouraging start to the season before suffering a heavy home defeat to Birmingham on Wednesday, and the Storm will need to be aware of a possible backlash.

Boss Laurence Rogers said: We had most of the lads together all day last Friday, and what was very noticeable was the amazing team spirit.

Had we not lost through circumstances at home to Buxton we would have been sitting at the top of the table last weekend.

But third spot after those wins is still a good start, and three more points on Friday will strengthen our position.

Fridays meeting is also followed by a six-heat MDL second half between the Coventry Vikings and Kings Lynn Lightning, plus 125cc demo races.

CITY GEARBOXES STORM (from): Liam Carr, Conor Dwyer, Dan Greenwood, Jamie Halder, Martin Knuckey, Ryan Terry-Daley,Callum Walker

KINGS LYNN (from): Josh Bailey, Scott Campos, Layne Cupitt, Nathan Greaves, Shane Hazelden, Ryan Kinsley, Tom Stokes.

Weather looking good for tonight 👍🏻

Might be a little late but our texter is stuck in traffic on the M1. Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site?

If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Final Score Storm 42 Young Stars 48

Shame Storm lost. Hope that Carr is okay after his crash.

There was some good racing tonight & overtaking.

Kinsley was impressive for King's Lynn.

The rider of the night for me though was Ryan Terry Daley. I think that was one of the best I have seen him. Some great passing from him tonight.

Fair play to RTD for making me eat my early season words.

Good meeting tonight, regardless of score, and superbly run. Full second half as well. Shame more can't be tempted for a measly 12 quid.

• Like 1

Fair play to RTD for making me eat my early season words.

Good meeting tonight, regardless of score, and superbly run. Full second half as well. Shame more can't be tempted for a measly 12 quid.

Crowd Estimate ?

100 max,

Who was the polish kid in the MDL meeting

What always confuses me is the number of cars compared to the estimated attendance. Where do the people all go because there certainly looked like more than 100 cars there. Anyway, I enjoyed this match much more than the Cradley one as the racing was so much better. Well done to all the lads and I hope Liam is okay after his spectacular crash. :neutral:

Anyone know why the M69 was shut after junction 1? Just what I needed as I am the World's worst at finding my way around strange places, especially in the dark. I ended up doing a nice tour around Burbage and Hinckley town centre before eventually finding the A47. Thank goodness the mileometer on the car isn't working any more because I really don't want to know how many I did. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

Having just got home from Coventry after staying the night, I must congratulate the Young Stars on their brilliant performance at Brandon Stadium.

They were quick to pick their heads up after the sound thrashing they took on Wednesday evening,

and showed what a talented and professional bunch of riders they are, and a real credit to the promotion of King's Lynn Speedway Club.

Make no mistake, Coventry 'Storm' are an extremely talented outfit, and well managed by Laurence Rogers, and I doubt many teams will leave there with three or four points in the bag.

After a shaky start, and finding themselves 13-5 down after three races, skipper Scott Campos, who himself had a very poor first ride, rallied his charges, guided of course by team-manger Dale Allitt, and from that point on, there was no looking back.

Whilst both Tom Stokes and Josh Bailey weren't the dominant force that they are known to be, it was more than made up for by the other members of the side. Certainly Nathan Greaves had his best meeting of the campaign in our colours, and the extreme talent of reserve Ryan Kinsley once again shone through.

There were some very enjoyable to watch performances from the home side too, particularly those of Dan Greenwood, Ryan Terry-Daley, Martin Knuckey and Liam Carr, who sadly crashed out of the meeting in Heat 11, suffering a suspected broken scaphoid.

It's debatable whether his inability to take his final ride of the meeting, made any difference to final result, but I somehow doubt it. But best wishes to the Berwick based youngster for a speedy recovery.

The second-half saw a close run Midland Development League Match between the two clubs, with Coventry 'Vikings' taking a 5-1 in the final heat to a 19-17 victory. Eryk Borczuch notched a flawless maximum for the homesters, and is one to watch for the future.

So all in all, a most enjoyable night of speedway, on what was a bitterly cold night. Apart from the injury to Liam Carr, the only downside was the lack of King's Lynn supporters in attendance. I walked the stadium twice (trying to keep warm), and unless I missed them, my wife and I were the only two there, which is a terrible shame for the riders.

The previous Friday night meeting they lost at home was against Buxton, by a single point. So at the moment, I guess the bragging rights belong in East Anglia.

Roy 'Laurence' Rogers 44 Jason 'Smokin' Pipe 45

Roy 'Laurence' Rogers 42 Dale 'I'll Avvit' Allitt 48

On the plus side Mr Rogers, I must say you looked resplendent in your Black & Orange cap, you little trend setter you!!!

• Like 2

Brilliantly summed up. Glad you enjoyed your evening in spite of the cold.

I tried to send you a message but it said you couldn't accept any new ones so I'll post it here. :)

Glad you enjoyed last night's match but boy was it cold! :shock: If you walked round the stadium twice you probably saw me sitting with a friend at the end of the back straight stand ~ near bend 3. Lucy, my Border Collie, was no doubt asleep. :D I don't know if you know M......and R..... Pepperdine? They came to the match last season but not this time unfortunately. Perhaps having Lexi (rescue BC) to consider now made them decide not to come. I stood with them at Leicester a few weeks ago and Lexi was okay but still rather nervous.

Edited by Gemini

Brilliantly summed up. Glad you enjoyed your evening in spite of the cold.

I tried to send you a message but it said you couldn't accept any new ones so I'll post it here. :)

Glad you enjoyed last night's match but boy was it cold! :shock: If you walked round the stadium twice you probably saw me sitting with a friend at the end of the back straight stand ~ near bend 3. Lucy, my Border Collie, was no doubt asleep. :D I don't know if you know M......and R..... Pepperdine? They came to the match last season but not this time unfortunately. Perhaps having Lexi (rescue BC) to consider now made them decide not to come. I stood with them at Leicester a few weeks ago and Lexi was okay but still rather nervous.

Yes I know Maureen. I've just about warmed up now, and now getting ready to be chilled to the bones at Mildenhall tomorrow.

• Like 1

Having just got home from Coventry after staying the night, I must congratulate the Young Stars on their brilliant performance at Brandon Stadium.

They were quick to pick their heads up after the sound thrashing they took on Wednesday evening,

and showed what a talented and professional bunch of riders they are, and a real credit to the promotion of King's Lynn Speedway Club.

Make no mistake, Coventry 'Storm' are an extremely talented outfit, and well managed by Laurence Rogers, and I doubt many teams will leave there with three or four points in the bag.

After a shaky start, and finding themselves 13-5 down after three races, skipper Scott Campos, who himself had a very poor first ride, rallied his charges, guided of course by team-manger Dale Allitt, and from that point on, there was no looking back.

Whilst both Tom Stokes and Josh Bailey weren't the dominant force that they are known to be, it was more than made up for by the other members of the side. Certainly Nathan Greaves had his best meeting of the campaign in our colours, and the extreme talent of reserve Ryan Kinsley once again shone through.

There were some very enjoyable to watch performances from the home side too, particularly those of Dan Greenwood, Ryan Terry-Daley, Martin Knuckey and Liam Carr, who sadly crashed out of the meeting in Heat 11, suffering a suspected broken scaphoid.

It's debatable whether his inability to take his final ride of the meeting, made any difference to final result, but I somehow doubt it. But best wishes to the Berwick based youngster for a speedy recovery.

The second-half saw a close run Midland Development League Match between the two clubs, with Coventry 'Vikings' taking a 5-1 in the final heat to ###### a 19-17 victory. Eryk Borczuch notched a flawless maximum for the homesters, and is one to watch for the future.

So all in all, a most enjoyable night of speedway, on what was a bitterly cold night. Apart from the injury to Liam Carr, the only downside was the lack of King's Lynn supporters in attendance. I walked the stadium twice (trying to keep warm), and unless I missed them, my wife and I were the only two there, which is a terrible shame for the riders.

The previous Friday night meeting they lost at home was against Buxton, by a single point. So at the moment, I guess the bragging rights belong in East Anglia.

Roy 'Laurence' Rogers 44 Jason 'Smokin' Pipe 45

Roy 'Laurence' Rogers 42 Dale 'I'll Avvit' Allitt 48

On the plus side Mr Rogers, I must say you looked resplendent in your Black & Orange cap, you little trend setter you!!!

Very well written, it is excellent to note that after last week -v- Birmingham some of the riders took a lashing as not being up to the job from some quarters (no problem with that as we all have an opinion) however great to see the team bounce back with an away win. I am one who was not at Coventry and I think that teams who have two sides will always suffer from lack of support for the "second team", not an excuse just fact. This is a good little side and deserves our support.