British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RPNY

The Russians Are Coming!

Good article from Grigorii Laguta regarding the the Russians and the SWC. I for one think it will make it a much better competition with a full strength Russian team in it. And hopefully step one in the 2 Laguta's and Emil trying to get into the SGP's...

No mention of Emil though, presume they assuming he will still not be fit.

Any news about his injuries?

Great News about the Russians in this year's World Cup tournament.

And watch out for Germany, who could be on theri way to Manchester this year. If they win their qualifying round, the German team might upset the Americans in the other SWC event in Sweden. Mark my words !

We've heard similar regarding the Russians almost every year. I wouldn't count my chickens until race day

• Like 3

I hear what you are saying but I think actually getting the visa sorted out and more importantly having experienced that crowd on Saturday and Sunday, they will want to be more involved now.

I hear what you are saying but I think actually getting the visa sorted out and more importantly having experienced that crowd on Saturday and Sunday, they will want to be more involved now.

They are riding in Poland every week crowd not unusual for them.

Not 52k my friend.

This years Warsaw event was a disaster for OneSport and their backers.

They will have a very tough time now continuing to convince certain riders not to take part in BSI events.

I do hope you're correct. And that's not because I prefer BSI over OneSport or Vice Versa, I just want all the best riders in one competition.

Not 52k my friend.

Dont think they can keep it up for the next rounds, do you?

They can make GP's at the biggest stadiums of the world as long as they not willing to pay more than SEC and ekstraliga teams they wont get the best riders in the world.

They can make GP's at the biggest stadiums of the world as long as they not willing to pay more than SEC and ekstraliga teams they wont get the best riders in the world.

Horsens was a huge success last year, Prague is a staple feature on the circuit and then it's Cardiff... So not a bad few couple of rounds coming up.

It's easy to take the SEC to established tracks where there is little risk although the SEC events in Torun to my memory are poorly supported, compared to BSI taking the events to national stadiums which generate more interest.

Well I respect your opinion but from a conversation I had directly with Laguta, the article in which he stated he was envious he didn't ride last Saturday, Vaculik saying he's desperate to get back into the GPs and Emil's manager messaging Phil Rising saying he wants to ride in the world cup, I think there's a chance you might be incorrect with that statement...

Edited by RPNYC