British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Sunday 22nd May

Grondal really must be on his last legs..... not sure we can afford to carry riders

We know Emil Grondal can do much better just a matter locating the problem and getting it sorted out, is it in his head or poor machinery or maybe he needs a new mechanic. Whatever the problem is I think it's worth giving him the time to correct it ,although I have to admit he looks the shadow of the rider he was in 2015 Thing is we know he can do it he's still very young experience wise, and definitely worth persevering with.Given more time i'm sure he will turn it around.

The Witches are supposed to be poor but they weren't. And Hansen and Ostergaad are supposed to win everything but they didn't maybe because the other team put up a fight. If that meeting was televised that would be getting rave reviews even from the armchair brigade :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Ollie Greenwood did well yesterday ,thought he got second in heat two ,did well in heat 14 to beat Emil . Number 7 change seems to be working . keep it up young man ! Well done the Witches ,bought a smile to my face !

Edited by Captain pugwash

Great meeting....my first one for a looooooong time ! 'twas good to be back :)

Thought that we'd lost you for good young lady but was a pleasant surprise to see populate your seats once again, At current attendance rate, see you in 2018 :)

Fortunately you missed the National Anthem year (please be upstanding it's the right thing to do), and Rathbone and helpers are turning the place round after several seasons when it was well on the slide. All we need is more people turning up. Perhaps jim3751 can do a few local roadshows with his alternative enthusiasm.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Reasonably entertaining on track, but classics as a fact. You been sniffing methanol again Dick?

Okay perhaps classics was a bit over the top but both meetings were good to watch with good racing and they were very entertaining.

I would much sooner watch that than a 60-30 drubbing every week but I suppose it's personal taste.

Interesting that some of the Ipswich comments were they were not bothered about losing, their was more than the odd comment made about King sitting on the track after crashing in heat 15 whilst the rain poured down hoping that the referee would call it their and then.

Glad to see he wasn't hurt though that would have took much of the gloss off a good comeback.

• Like 1

Okay perhaps classics was a bit over the top but both meetings were good to watch with good racing and they were very entertaining.

I would much sooner watch that than a 60-30 drubbing every week but I suppose it's personal taste.

I'd say that they were ok but no more than that. I don't want 60-30 but do want to see the majority of race winners by my team which usually results in a win. As you know though, I'm a complete entertainment package person, and relevant, efficient, appropriate communications are also important. 15 mins on track is only a small part of the couple of hours.

Having said that, it was worth the effort. It didn't matter that there wasn't much on the meeting. Riders want to win races and earn irrespective, they don't care that it was a dead rubber.

Edited by Crump99

Ollie Greenwood did well yesterday ,thought he got second in heat two ,did well in heat 14 to beat Emil . Number 7 change seems to be working . keep it up young man ! Well done the Witches ,bought a smile to my face !

I didn't think he was anything special considering the past experience he's had at the showground 3 third places should tell you that , he beat Grondal who was having a mare of an afternoon and he beat Stokes twice who was making his debut as a rookie NO;7 He done the job he was brought in for by scoring his 3 points and was mostly on the pace but that was about it.

• Like 1

I didn't think he was anything special considering the past experience he's had at the showground 3 third places should tell you that , he beat Grondal who was having a mare of an afternoon and he beat Stokes twice who was making his debut as a rookie NO;7 He done the job he was brought in for by scoring his 3 points and was mostly on the pace but that was about it.

If you look at the problems he's had over the past 12 months I think he is doing fine , sometimes lads can do no right in some peoples eyes , Emil was to be the new star when he came last year and yer man beat him. Young Stokes was on the pace he has experience at a big track and possibly 3-4 years ahead of Greenwood in age . As you said he did his job and he was on the pace ,thought he beat Paco in heat 2 . You New era may know more about the game than me but that's what I saw and to come back from the injuries he has had in his young career I think he is doing well .Credit were Credit is due , we should encourage not be negative towards our young riders imo.

I'm with the commentator. That was a bloody good speedway meeting and well worth the diesel. So for those who decided there was nothing in it for the teams and stayed away - hard luck! You missed a treat.

thats the thing with speedway you just cant predict which meetings are going to be the best

quite often its the ones you dont expect that are the best entertainment

• Like 2

We will all turn up Monday expecting a cracker and it may not be so good. Ipswich do have a few riders that ride the showground well.

If you look at the problems he's had over the past 12 months I think he is doing fine , sometimes lads can do no right in some peoples eyes , Emil was to be the new star when he came last year and yer man beat him. Young Stokes was on the pace he has experience at a big track and possibly 3-4 years ahead of Greenwood in age . As you said he did his job and he was on the pace ,thought he beat Paco in heat 2 . You New era may know more about the game than me but that's what I saw and to come back from the injuries he has had in his young career I think he is doing well .Credit were Credit is due , we should encourage not be negative towards our young riders imo.

Sorry if you thought I was being negative, that was as I saw it . I wish him well for the future

Sorry if you thought I was being negative, that was as I saw it . I wish him well for the future

. No worries mate , I support all our young riders and I also say it as I see it . Thing is if you spend a few minutes and look at riders who started well in there career but then lost it for what ever reason but after a while started to regain their form again there are sooo many , Simon and Tom for example went through difficult times but came back after a while .

I think we maybe just nick the return on Monday. Up the witches.

After Sunday's cracking meeting I think the jury is out at the moment.