British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Wolverhampton Wolves - 1 June On Sky

lakeside & wolves are on sky again ?

I guess Leicester have had there one sky match now for the season.

How dull is that for SKY, the top 2 in the table. :rofl:

The same dull as seeing the same teams on a dull track

• Like 1

Should be a close (ish) meeting which I'll record and watch later as I shall be at the meeting of the other play-off hopefuls!!

• Like 2

The same dull as seeing the same teams on a dull track

No doubt you'll make good use of the "off" button then, and you won't have a dull evening watching the same dull teams on a dull track and we don't have to put up with your dull comments thereon. Win-win all round.

• Like 4

Should be a close (ish) meeting which I'll record and watch later as I shall be at the meeting of the other play-off hopefuls!!

We are hopefuls i know.... Poole on the other hand are certainties.

I am concerned about the weather for this one. If it rains all day, it may be postponed . If it isn't, a wet track usually cancels out any home track advantage, so it could be a lot closer than in normal circumstances.

What's the weather forecast like for today please

If you can post on here you must be capable of going to raintoday.co.uk

Or does your autism stop you from doing that? I take it thats why are called rainman?

forecast is for a dull day, not nessesarily rain as such but it's I the air so not allowing much scope for drying out after rain during the night, should be ok providing it doesn't actually properly rain this afternoon, but without knowing how wet the track is after yesterday it's almost a case of how long is a piece of string, Sky won't call it off early , that's for sure.

Weather forecast for Purfleet today..

Dull, with the chance of a heavy shower in the morning, up to around 12:00/13:00 (Best sort of track watering on the earth for speedway)

The afternoon and evening looks dry to me, possibility the sun may poke through late afternoon, giving the temp a boost up to around 15c, shouldn't be any issues weatherwise for Lakeside v Wolves this evening, shouldn't be any Sun breaks either!

If you can post on here you must be capable of going to raintoday.co.uk

Or does your autism stop you from doing that? I take it thats why are called rainman?

Checked on 3 sites all saying different that's why I asked you gob rubbishe piss off back to you're Poole thread n carry on spouting how good you're track is

To be fair, it's no different to the football, top of the table much more likely to be covered than the bottom end of the table until the run in.. But speedway doesn't have relegation, so no crucial bottom of the table survival matches, nothing at stake for the bottom 3 to 4 teams....

Perhaps promotion/relegation would give speedway a boost and a give it a less Mickey mouse tag.. ??

Checked on 3 sites all saying different that's why I asked you gob rubbishe piss off back to you're Poole thread n carry on spouting how good you're track is

With Tourettes on top.

To be fair, it's no different to the football, top of the table much more likely to be covered than the bottom end of the table until the run in.. But speedway doesn't have relegation, so no crucial bottom of the table survival matches, nothing at stake for the bottom 3 to 4 teams....

Perhaps promotion/relegation would give speedway a boost and a give it a less Mickey mouse tag.. ??

Agreed, there is no guarantee of a classic match but it gives those promoting or covering it something to brag about.

As for your latter point - absolutely. It's a joke that we don't have relegation and promotion. When they were used last time it was a massive commercial success just like the play offs are.

The farce is that PL teams in them have no intention of moving up a league anyway!

• Like 1

I Live five minutes from the track has been absolutely pouring down hard as i can remember for years for about 30 minutes just a grey mercy horrible day. If its the same at the track then it would certainly be off. Maybe because of the cameras they will give it a bit and as i type it is easing off. Fingers grossed.

Agreed, there is no guarantee of a classic match but it gives those promoting or covering it something to brag about.

As for your latter point - absolutely. It's a joke that we don't have relegation and promotion. When they were used last time it was a massive commercial success just like the play offs are.
The farce is that PL teams in them have no intention of moving up a league anyway!

Agree with what you say but it's not a farce that PL teams are not interested in moving up it is simple good business sense. Why would you move into a vastly more costly League, pay over rated riders a lot more money as they going through the motions. PL a much better prospect, with better racing for less money. Most of the sides who move up either realise their mistake and move straight back down or struggle from one embarrassment to the next unless they are one of the few well run clubs. Many clubs having had their fingers burned have settled in to the NL and made a success of things rather than losing money hand over fist. Birmingham and Eastbourne both spring to mind. Some speedway is better than none as many would find forced promotion brings them.