British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Wolverhampton Wolves - 1 June On Sky

Just watched the meeting on 'Catch-up' as I was out watching some other decent speedway at Wimborne Road.

It struck me that as good a rider as Kylmakorpi can be, he seemed like 'the bad apple' in the Wolves team. Complaining about the track and clearly very vocal in the pits, is that why Wolves fell away in the latter stages?

Having chosen to voice his 'concerns' to the Sky audience about the tracks at Poole and Lakeside, I was reminded of exactly 12 months ago when he led the infamous Coventry riders' refusal to ride in the rain-affected defeat to Poole!! I wonder how many more guest bookings he'll get this season?

Oh and by the way he top-scored for the Wolves!!!!!

he top scored for Wolves because even though the track wasn't good he got on with it unlike a certain Poole rider who currently leads the world championship!

Just watched the meeting on 'Catch-up' as I was out watching some other decent speedway at Wimborne Road.

It struck me that as good a rider as Kylmakorpi can be, he seemed like 'the bad apple' in the Wolves team. Complaining about the track and clearly very vocal in the pits, is that why Wolves fell away in the latter stages?

Having chosen to voice his 'concerns' to the Sky audience about the tracks at Poole and Lakeside, I was reminded of exactly 12 months ago when he led the infamous Coventry riders' refusal to ride in the rain-affected defeat to Poole!! I wonder how many more guest bookings he'll get this season?

Oh and by the way he top-scored for the Wolves!!!!!

Yes, and from a guy who totally mastered this track when he first came to the UK to ride in the early 00's. We rode against him in one of his first meetings, and he was brilliant, being so fast and riding many varied and winning racing lines. For him to have his outburst, and still scoring points, suggests to me he had an agenda, obviously not finished. Certainly helped to unsettle his teammates and lost this meeting.

he top scored for Wolves because even though the track wasn't good he got on with it unlike a certain Poole rider who currently leads the world championship!

Once again Gavan, you can't even talk about a Lakeside V Wolves meeting, without being still obsessed to include a dig at Poole. You really are quite pathetic and childish.

• Like 3

I thought the current SGP leader got on with it very well at both Swindon on Monday and Poole last night!!

As was stated a few times on the Sky meeting yesterday, if the track is below par and unusually prepared (too much rain etc) it usually benefits the away team as evidenced at Wimborne Road last week (A result I have no qualms over---- but Poole did have Kylmakorpi guesting!!) :D

I admit to finding it a little strange that Peter Adams singled out former Lakeside rider Bech for not being able to give advice to his fellow riders but did not have a similar go at former Lakeside -and more experienced - rider Kylmakorpi?!

If I had been in Adams shoes I would have told him shut the f#*k up and get on with it. A bit like MF told all the Poole riders!!

Edited by Skidder1

If he was content to just get on with it, why moan so much about a track that wasn't that bad, a few bumps but nowhere near as bad as at Poole and has Kylmakorpi had the serious injuries Holder has had?

It was a tremendous meeting for Lakeside fans. The amount of passing was just excellent. The track staff should take a bow for coming up with a track like that after such terrible weather.

Home form has been great this year, with a never say die attitude from the riders.

Up the Hammers!!

There was about 10 people in the crowd, sure they enjoyed it though :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Track is such a massive advantage to home riders as they know where the bumps and holes are, but fair play the riders they have know how to make it work for them.

I'd rather watch speedway where the result is dependent upon the riders rather than the track but that's just me and why I choose not to visit Lakeside anymore. Chuck some dirt down on the exit of the corners and let riders find it makes for entertaining racing for me.

There was about 10 people in the crowd, sure they enjoyed it though :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Track is such a massive advantage to home riders as they know where the bumps and holes are, but fair play the riders they have know how to make it work for them.

I'd rather watch speedway where the result is dependent upon the riders rather than the track but that's just me and why I choose not to visit Lakeside anymore. Chuck some dirt down on the exit of the corners and let riders find it makes for entertaining racing for me.

Nothing to do with the track, it's the same track we had last year when we lost something like five at home on the bounce.

The track is that dangerous that AJ pretty much had his pick of the Elite league and decided to stay with Lakeside.

• Like 1

Bridger was excellent last night. You just wish he can get his head right and knuckle down. Hopefully with Pro-revolution team dealing with the bikes all will be good + he can continue to score well at Lakeside and improve his away form.

• Like 1

If he was content to just get on with it, why moan so much about a track that wasn't that bad, a few bumps but nowhere near as bad as at Poole and has Kylmakorpi had the serious injuries Holder has had?

Yes he has when he rode for Lakeside

Is that why he is back in Denmark rather than at King's Lynn on Thursday?

Apparently so, and unlikely to be back in the foreseeable future (from the horses mouth)

There were no bumps and holes. A rut opened up on bend two caused by Lewis Kerr doing his pirouette in his opening ride when his bike went over the fence and that was about it.

The track was making dirt from about heat 5 onwards and the rakers were dragging it back after virtually every race after that.

i

I admit to finding it a little strange that Peter Adams singled out former Lakeside rider Bech for not being able to give advice to his fellow riders but did not have a similar go at former Lakeside -and more experienced - rider Kylmakorpi?!

!!

Perhaps that's one reason Mikkel has had enough.

Kylmo was the same when he rode for Lakeside. He would take one look at the track and if he decided he didn't like it that particular night, that was it.

[quote name="Tsunami" post="2791333" timestamp=

Once again Gavan, you can't even talk about a Lakeside V Wolves meeting, without being still obsessed to include a dig at Poole. You really are quite pathetic and childish.

You summed gavan up well pathetic & childish.

However he will come back at you like he does me & others with his pathetic personal attacks.

Yes, and from a guy who totally mastered this track when he first came to the UK to ride in the early 00's. We rode against him in one of his first meetings, and he was brilliant, being so fast and riding many varied and winning racing lines. For him to have his outburst, and still scoring points, suggests to me he had an agenda, obviously not finished. Certainly helped to unsettle his teammates and lost this meeting.

i was responding to Skidder who is a poole fan so don't get your knickers in a twist

You summed gavan up well pathetic & childish.

However he will come back at you like he does me & others with his pathetic personal attacks.

for what it's worth Tsunami isn't all bad. Robert72 I have nothing to say

Back in their PL days it was a horrible track however these days any meeting i see there seems to be pretty good

Watching Jonsson around there is superb, he really is something special around Lakeside

And it is even better when the Sky Co-ordinator doesn't get a chance to interfere!

It was a tremendous meeting for Lakeside fans. The amount of passing was just excellent. The track staff should take a bow for coming up with a track like that after such terrible weather.Home form has been great this year, with a never say die attitude from the riders.Up the Hammers!!

See the Club's website for how the track looked after the heavy downpour earlier on race day.

There were no bumps and holes. A rut opened up on bend two caused by Lewis Kerr doing his pirouette in his opening ride when his bike went over the fence and that was about it.

I wasn't at the meeting, but caught some of it on the TV. Without prejudice, as the lawyers say, I found this tweet from Tai Woffinden interesting: "See the boys bouncing down the straight in heat 2 at lake side and people wonder why i don't ride in uk"