British Speedway Forum
Gresham

Lindback Arrested...

....The Indian driver Antonio Lindbäck was arrested by police after the match against the Lions last night.

He had been charged in his absence and was arrested yesterday when the game was over. Crime of suspected of child rape, the prosecutor confirmed the P4 Örebro.

Google translate.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=159&artikel=6444428

Wtf

:shock: Full translation;

Antonio Lindbäck had been charged in his absence and was arrested yesterday when the game was over. He has now been transferred to the police in Falun.

He is reasonably suspected of child rape, the prosecutor confirmed the P4 Örebro.

Indians coach Daniel Dalle-Andersson Bäckström is saddened by the news.

- It is sad news you can and we'll have to wait and see a little more information that comes during the day, perhaps. I was told when I came out of the Stewards meeting that he was arrested. I did not know what it was about.

It've blown around Antonio Lindbäck before, he has among other things been in prison for DUI?

- Yes, there has been much around him and we've been working pretty hard from the club's side, and several who have worked with him to keep him fit and he has been training a lot and get away from that and really take care

Edited by chris4gillian

I made a comment here: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=81726&do=findComment&comment=2790380

The crime that he is suspected of is supposed to have happened in February in Dalarna province. The police complaint was filed "during the spring".

No other information is available and will likely not be available until the prosecutor have decided if she will charge him with a crime in the court.

http://na.se/sporten/speedway/1.3927452-aklagaren-darfor-greps-lindback

No point in speculating. Innocent until proven guilty. I would be careful what anyone writes as even though it is not a UK accusation, there could be legal implications.

• Like 5

No point in speculating. Innocent until proven guilty. I would be careful what anyone writes as even though it is not a UK accusation, there could be legal implications.

Of course but so far the information posted is only info that have been confirmed by the prosecutor.

Also for the record, the age of consent in Sweden is 15.

Of course but so far the information posted is only info that have been confirmed by the prosecutor.

Also for the record, the age of consent in Sweden is 15.

He's not been arrested for underage consensual sex...he's been arrested for suspected Rape. That's a whole different scenario.

He's not been arrested for underage consensual sex...he's been arrested for suspected Rape. That's a whole different scenario.

In this country, aren't they both treated the same? Might be different in Sweden?

In the UK you cannot have legal consensual sex with an under 16 year old. It is automatically rape as the system deems the underage person not capable of making the decision.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

In this country, aren't they both treated the same? Might be different in Sweden?

Sorry...I wouldn't know.

Edited by Gresham

Not having a dig but this is why we shouldn't be commenting. It's too easy for the "facts" to be lost in translation. In the UK if I was to sleep with someone on their 16th birhtday it's OK, if I sleep with them the night before they turn 16 it's "statutory rape" which would make it look like I was a rapist but 24 hours later just a bit of a weirdo. Lets just wait and see what he is charge with, if anything and then I'm sure one of the Swedish posters will explain what that means.

In the mean time I hope that this ends up being something and nothing.

Calm down. it is possible just a translation error from my part.

• Like 1

In the UK you cannot have legal consensual sex with an under 16 year old. It is automatically rape as the system deems the underage person not capable of making the decision.

It's the same in Sweden. Sex with an under 15-year-old is charged as rape.

(Also it can be charged as rape if it is someone aged 15-17 and the other person is in a "position of trust").

Edited by John Leslie

Calm down. it is possible just a translation error from my part.

Apologies if you misinterpreted my comment...I was only pointing out what was written in that article.

Plus in reply to SGB...no speculation regarding what I think has been made...just posting what has been reported by Swedish media.