British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 4/6/16

Max Fricke riding in U21 World Cup semi final, Mark Lemon there with him. Kennett riding for Rye House

Belle Vue Rentruck Aces

Matej Žagar; Max Fricke R/R; Scott Nicholls ©; Richie Worrall; Craig Cook; Steve Worrall; Joe Jacobs

Team Manager: Chris Morton

Lakeside Vortex Hammers

Andreas Jonsson ©; Edward Kennett R/R; Richard Lawson; Lewis Kerr; Kim Nilsson; Lewis Bridger; Robert Mear

Team Manager: Kelvin Tatum

Hope to see plenty of Lakeside fans coming up, very rare for you to get a Saturday to travel up.

• Like 1

Max Fricke riding in U21 World Cup semi final, Mark Lemon there with him. Kennett riding for Rye House

Belle Vue Rentruck Aces

Matej Žagar; Max Fricke R/R; Scott Nicholls ©; Richie Worrall; Craig Cook; Steve Worrall; Joe Jacobs

Team Manager: Chris Morton

Lakeside Vortex Hammers

Andreas Jonsson ©; Edward Kennett R/R; Richard Lawson; Lewis Kerr; Kim Nilsson; Lewis Bridger; Robert Mear

Team Manager: Kelvin Tatum

Hope to see plenty of Lakeside fans coming up, very rare for you to get a Saturday to travel up.

Lakeside will struggle on this one with R/R for Ed Kennett. His rides can only be taken by Lawson, Kerr,( who is basically a reserve anyway) and the two reserves. Normally Bridger would be needed to cover rides for Kerr and Mear but if he is R/R for Kennett and takes another Kennett ride as reserve replacement, he is going to run out of rides to cover Kerr and Mear.

What with it being a brand new track for Lakeside, and a long tail, can only see a big win for the Aces

On paper the aces should get close to 60, but they gave been a mixed bunch this season so it could end up being close. Interested to see how Bridger goes.

I'll go 53-39 to the aces.

More track time for the aces brits ahead of the British final can only help them.

Edited by waihekeaces1

The track is very fair so still little or no home advantage, I see a similar score to the one against the Bees

• Like 1

Fair point, but the form of Bridger will be crucial. If he goes well, then he will get 7 rides, which will cover quite a few of the gaps. He did well at King's Lynn last night. I would expect AJ, Lawson and Kerr to go well, all being used to big tracks. It can't hurt lakeside's chances that BV have only had 2 home meetings so far.

It should be an interesting tussle. I would take a point quite happily.

Up the Hammers !

All depends on Bridger really, if he has a good night it will be close. Jonson will fly round.

Lakeside will struggle on this one with R/R for Ed Kennett. His rides can only be taken by Lawson, Kerr,( who is basically a reserve anyway) and the two reserves. Normally Bridger would be needed to cover rides for Kerr and Mear but if he is R/R for Kennett and takes another Kennett ride as reserve replacement, he is going to run out of rides to cover Kerr and Mear.

What with it being a brand new track for Lakeside, and a long tail, can only see a big win for the Aces

It's the same situation for Belle Vue. Fricke is 4th in the averages meaning only Cook, Richie Worrall and reserves can take his. I expect it to be a busy evening for both Steve Worrall and Lewis Bridger.

• Like 1

After the fantastic racing that was served up on Monday and this being the first weekend league match in God knows how many years then hopefully we will get a big crowd with plenty of visiting fans also.

Edited by Phil The Ace

I

It's the same situation for Belle Vue. Fricke is 4th in the averages meaning only Cook, Richie Worrall and reserves can take his. I expect it to be a busy evening for both Steve Worrall and Lewis Bridger.

I think Bridger could be the difference, if he scores anything like 15+ it could be very close. If he doesn't ride well then 50-40.

Fricke is in outstanding form at the moment, effectively 7+1 from 3 rides against Coventry, as he pulled up expecting a re-run when Sarjeant got away with a blatant roller, whereas Kennett is an unknown quantity at the new track, so difficult to be sure who will be the greater loss but I think it will be Fricke.

If the racing is anything like Monday we shall be in for a treat whatever the score.

• Like 1

I think we are much stronger having RR while lakeside are clearly much weaker.

We are lucky to only be missing Max who doesn't like big tracks while lakeside are missing one of the best big track riders on the planet.

#luckyacesagain

Didn't you see Max flying around our new big track on Monday? Won't get as many points from R/R as Max would have scored.

• Like 1

Didn't you see Max flying around our new big track on Monday? Won't get as many points from R/R as Max would have scored.

Something tells me drop a flange was being sarcastic

• Like 2

Not a great season for Lewis Kerr having been released by Ipswich. He should get fixed up with a new team soon - hopefully

He was replaced by Kennett

Can't they use them both as many times and whenever and wherever they want?

Edited by krompa