British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Elegibility For Nl

If they want to ride for team GB then fine I don't have problem with then joining the NL. If they don't then I don't see why we should allow them into the NL that is supposed to be for British riders to develop in. In this situation looks like spiller has choose Germany so as far as I'm concerned I hope the BSPA tell him no if a NL side try and sign him IMO.

If they want to ride for team GB then fine I don't have problem with then joining the NL. If they don't then I don't see why we should allow them into the NL that is supposed to be for British riders to develop in. In this situation looks like spiller has choose Germany so as far as I'm concerned I hope the BSPA tell him no if a NL side try and sign him IMO.

How do we know if he was even asked to ride for Team GB this weekend?

The family are British, I understand his father works as a contractor for the British Army on the Rhine so the kids had to be with them and the only way they could ride was in Germany. They came over in the holidays in 2013 to ride in the British Youth championship one round and then when Daniel was old enough to travel alone came to Eastbourne last summer. Hopefully Ethan will join him next year.

He did not choose Germany over Britain but has simply ridden whenever given the opportunity and would no doubt jump at the chance to ride for GB. He cannot put his hopes and career on the line because his father's work has taken him overseas.

How do we know if he was even asked to ride for Team GB this weekend?

That's not what I'm getting at. More if he wanted to ride for GB surely he wouldn't have represented Germany this weekend.

• Like 1

Spiller and Hammil should not be confused with BWD. Spiller was born in Britain and so was Hamill and so both can have a British passport if they don't already have one. BWD is not British and neither is his parents so cannot have a passport, because BWD is not British he cannot ride for GB even if he wants to as far as i can work out. I say good luck to spiller riding for Germany in the u21s it gives him invaluable experience that he would not have otherwise had. Hopefully this will make him a better rider for when he rides for team GB in the future.

Spiller was born in Britain and so was Hamill and so both can have a British passport if they don't already have one. ...

I say good luck to spiller riding for Germany in the u21s it gives him invaluable experience that he would not have otherwise had. Hopefully this will make him a better rider for when he rides for team GB in the future.

Hamill has no entitlement to British nationality whatsoever as far as I can see. Being born in the UK does not give entitlement to British citizenship unless you have British parents.

Spiller has dual nationality (and on his own website describes his nationality as 'German and British' - in that order) so it is quite possible he may decide to go down the German route. I'd welcome into the Team GB set up but I wouldn't take it for granted he'll end up wearing a Union Jack.

Adam Ellis was born in Marmande to British parents, he was registered with the British embassy and had a british passport from the age of 3 months. You try telling him he's French and see what answer you get .

just saying

• Like 4

BWD has repeatedly said that he wants to ride for Team GB, but the BSPA won't let him!

That maybe because he's not British.

Who will Buxton's next signing be? Or more to the point, how British will Buxton's next signing be?

Who will Buxton's next signing be? Or more to the point, how British will Buxton's next signing be?

You're a bit late here. If you're referring to Rutherford's replacement then they've already signed him and Chris Hay is very British!

You're a bit late here. If you're referring to Rutherford's replacement then they've already signed him and Chris Hay is very British!

I gather that there's another signing on the horizon...

Edited by uk martin

Richard Hall wants a team place,and would do National League,but strangely is not allowed even though he comply with the rules Answer needed from B S P A please

Richard Hall wants a team place,and would do National League,but strangely is not allowed even though he comply with the rules Answer needed from B S P A please

Richard is allowed to ride NL but has to come in on his last CL average from 2004.

Richard is allowed to ride NL but has to come in on his last CL average from 2004.

wHAT IS THAT AVERAGE?

Which would be fair enough IF Luke Bowen had come in to the Kent team on his 2006/7 average. But ...

• Like 1