British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kitten2502

Team Kevlars...............

Having seen some photos of the U21 GB Team competing in yesterdays semi - I was disappointed (yet again) at the lack of consistency in the race suits - 3 riders looking like part of a "team" and one - well quite frankly not. Is it really so difficult to get matching suits made without colours/shades of colours being open to interpretation?

Not unless they all use the same maker, obviously Robert did not.

Both makers are given the same design how hard is it to have the same colours? Ipswich's were a joke and even Belle Vue's have different coloured legs, some are silver and some are black.

• Like 1

Might be wrong but didn't Lambert use the old style leathers, I think he had his Kings Lynn suit from last season made of leather rather than kevlar.

Should go back to the 50's/60's - all leathers were black (apart from Nigels and Mike Broadbanks)

Was joking about going back to black - much prefer the colourful gear they wear today.

• Like 1

I actually prefer riders having their own individually designed kevlars...and just team race jackets.

For me it's easier to pick out each individual rider...now I definitely have to keep looking at the helmet covers to know who's who.

Some will disagree of course though.

Team Kevlars really make teams stand out but do we really know who's riding if they have the same suit, same helmet design, similar body shape/size & wearing goggles from a distance? Anyone can put a helmet cover on!

Team Kevlars really make teams stand out but do we really know who's riding if they have the same suit, same helmet design, similar body shape/size & wearing goggles from a distance? Anyone can put a helmet cover on!

Look at the numbers on their back !!!!

It is far easier to differentiate between two speedway riders on the same team in a race and know who is who than it is at a game of football and knowing which player is which, more so in some stadia where you can be a decent distance from the pitch.…. I don’t think football will be in a hurry to introduce helmets and helmet covers though.

*In all honesty it is pretty easy to differentiate at both by using numbers, racing style, playing style, a programme, the announcer, tv graphics etc and so on.

Edited by The Mockingjay

It is easier to differentiate between two speedway riders on the same team in a race and know who is who than it is 11 players at a game of football and knowing which player is which more so in some stadia where you can be miles away from the pitch.…. I don’t think football will be in a hurry to introduce helmets and helmet covers though.

*In all honesty it is pretty easy to differentiate at both by using numbers, racing style, playing style, a programme, the announcer, tv graphics etc and so on.

Don't be daft.

I've always thought it would be far easier in football if the players just wore whatever kit they liked, their own individual style, then maybe just wear a bib with a little logo of their team on the front and perhaps a swimming cap.

• Like 1

Don't be daft.

I've always thought it would be far easier in football if the players just wore whatever kit they liked, their own individual style, then maybe just wear a bib with a little logo of their team on the front and perhaps a swimming cap.

Goallie's should have a flat cap and a Woodbine, and hang their trenchcoat in the net.

• Like 5

Not forgetting the "jumpers for goalposts", and the thing that will forever differentiate the mans game from the women's game - those "shirts v skins" matches.

• Like 1