British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddy2706

Buxton V Kent 12/6/16 18.00

Tbf to Buxton they gave fans a good 2-3 weeks notice compared to Stoke's 1 week. Which is even more gratuitous when you consider that Stoke have known of their issue for months.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

9:43am Update: Meeting is now covered. Thanks

Edited by Elliot Hunt

Weather update - had a short shower around 11am for about 5-10 mins. Forecast is looking better as rain is due to clear away by 2pm and then come back at 8pm. Looking good at the moment and the meeting is on. Any changes will update here and on social media.

• Like 2

A pitifully small crowd saw Buxton get turned over completely. This was always going to happen and I am not surprised that so few people turned up to watch this sort of humiliation.

Kent are thrashing most sides this season,but if your fans do not turn up you will just lose your speedway altogether.

• Like 2

A pitifully small crowd saw Buxton get turned over completely. This was always going to happen and I am not surprised that so few people turned up to watch this sort of humiliation.

Fact of the small crowd had some part been down to the weather forecast I'm sure.

The other issue was start time for Kings fans. There were at least 3 cars (12 fans) of Kent supporters who would have travelled for the usual 3pm start but 6pm means a very late arrival back home and with work the following day it became an unviable option.

I'd actually like to know why the meeting was changed to 6pm. Jane could you enlighten me?

I'll be back at Buxton Sunday week all being well to see Rye House and that'll be far closer.

I hope 6.00pm isn't going to become a regular thing, because I'll never visit at that time.

Fact of the small crowd had some part been down to the weather forecast I'm sure.

The other issue was start time for Kings fans. There were at least 3 cars (12 fans) of Kent supporters who would have travelled for the usual 3pm start but 6pm means a very late arrival back home and with work the following day it became an unviable option.

I'd actually like to know why the meeting was changed to 6pm. Jane could you enlighten me?

I'll be back at Buxton Sunday week all being well to see Rye House and that'll be far closer.

The meeting time was altered due to ambulance cover, the alternative was to postpone altogether. We will be back to normal against Rye House on the 26th June.