British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Should Ex Riders Get Into Speedway Free?

Oh ffs his point is blatantly obvious, are you really going to start trolling this thread as well?

No I am not trolling - I just cannot understand the Post response by phillips. No need for me to do a ffs - a simple question from me and a simple answer from yourself in response is all that is needed.

It would have been far better IMO for you to have pointed out for me what is so 'blatantly obvious' to others but seemingly not to me!

By the way, I hear there's another book on the "unknown New Zealand car racer Barry Butterworth" on the way! :lol:

Edited by Guest

the thing is we all would do more things if we didnt have to pay for it

but once you start paying and as speedway goes now paying more than we really should for what we get back then you pick and choose what you actually do when it costs you money

its not that you cant afford it its more a case of i dont want to spen 15 or 20 pound to go stand there getting cold and wet while they drag there feet inbetween heats

Rob Homer

Born:

09.09.1972, Birmingham, England

British Clubs:

Coventry (1989)

Sheffield (1992, 1993)

Year..Club..Meetings..Rides..Points..Bonus..Average..Maxima

1989..Coventry..1..4..1..0..1.00

1992..Sheffield..5..18.6..2..1.78

1993..Sheffield..4..12..6..1..2.33

Read more: http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1351/rob-homer#ixzz4Byaeyf5n

Solid progression year on year, then.

Me either.

Rob Homer

Born:

09.09.1972, Birmingham, England

British Clubs:

Coventry (1989)

Sheffield (1992, 1993)

Year..Club..Meetings..Rides..Points..Bonus..Average..Maxima

1989..Coventry..1..4..1..0..1.00

1992..Sheffield..5..18.6..2..1.78

1993..Sheffield..4..12..6..1..2.33

Solid progression year on year, then.

How does your attempt at riding in a speedway meeting compare Fourentee? :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

How can they stop you printing a blank race sheet ?

They can't and I didn't say they could. What I said was they give the team out in alphabetical order which gives the fans a little work to do to find out the exact riding order. Keeps the brain active so they're doing us a favour really. :lol: If all else fails I just print out a blank race sheet and write the names in when I get there.

Edited by Gemini

How does you attempt at riding in a speedway meeting compare Fourentee? :icon_smile_clown:

Irrelevant i imagine. The comment was aimed at Rob who is now trying to sidetrack.

Quite why you're piping up now on his behalf is a little bizarre even for you.

Either you've served yet another ban, or your mental health section has expired meaning you're allowed back on a computer. Either way, stop trolling.

• Like 1

How does you attempt at riding in a speedway meeting compare Fourentee? :icon_smile_clown:

Assuming you meant 'your', there wasn't one, so it doesn't. But I'm not the one claiming to have forgotten more about speedway than others have known and handing down judgements from an Olympian height based on my riding career.

• Like 3

How does your attempt at riding in a speedway meeting compare Fourentee? :icon_smile_clown:

Assuming you meant 'your', there wasn't one, so it doesn't. But I'm not the one claiming to have forgotten more about speedway than others have known and handing down judgements from an Olympian height based on my riding career.

Thank you Fourentee - I did mean 'your' and not 'you' and have edited my original post accordingly. Was there a claim made to the effect that I have highlighted? That's not how I read that Posters comments but appreciate you may have interpreted them that way and from that standpoint appreciate your views.

Edited by Guest

Thank you Fourentee - I did mean 'your' and not 'you' and have edited my original post accordingly. Was there a claim made to the effect that i have highlighted? That's not how I read that Posters comments but appreciate you may have interpreted them that way and from that standpoint appreciate your views.

Indeed there was, but not on this thread, which is why you may be unaware of them. Will be back shortly with the references.

Edit: They appear on the 'Should Tai Woffinden ride for Team GB' thread. The 'forgotten more about speedway' post is No. 399. Subsequent references to riding career appear in 479, 497, 502, 506, 518 and 525.

Second edit: Also 844, 856!

Edited by Fourentee

Thank you Fourentee - I did mean 'your' and not 'you' and have edited my original post accordingly. Was there a claim made to the effect that i have highlighted? That's not how I read that Posters comments but appreciate you may have interpreted them that way and from that standpoint appreciate your views.

Mentioned several times since he started waffling about it about 6 months ago.

Ignoring old dopey bollix(and no,i am not going to clarify who I mean although there are more than 1 poster who fits the bill)I think if free or 50 quid passes are going to be handed out then riders who have done 10 or 15 meeting in their career just don't really qualify imo.They have contributed about as much as a fan who has payed to get in for a season and they get no life time bonus.Think it is time to stop all this silly talk and look who has really contributed to the sport and give them passes.Riders who have done 10 seasons or someone like 'gemini' who has followed the sport for decades(by actually attending and paying to get in)

• Like 7

Thank you Fourentee - I did mean 'your' and not 'you' and have edited my original post accordingly. Was there a claim made to the effect that I have highlighted? That's not how I read that Posters comments but appreciate you may have interpreted them that way and from that standpoint appreciate your views.

Indeed there was, but not on this thread, which is why you may be unaware of them. Will be back shortly with the references.

Thank you Fourentee. I look forward with interest to seeing your next response.

Thank you Fourentee. I look forward with interest to seeing your next response.

The references now appear on my previous post. I mention this only because, certainly on my computer, that post appears on the previous page.

There needs to be a definitive qualifying criteria for sure based on service to British Speedway.

You can understand why some promoters are being a bit twitchy about letting anyone who claims to be an 'ex rider' in for free when you think about the hundreds of juniors who got called up to fill a reserve place for a meeting or two at the last minute.

And if someone wants a full season pass to enter any track in the country they need to be paying more than £50 into the Ben fund for the privalege! Maybe their needs to be tiered passes? Single club entry for 10 meetings per season at one rate, full season pass to any track in the country at another?

There needs to be a definitive qualifying criteria for sure based on service to British Speedway.

You can understand why some promoters are being a bit twitchy about letting anyone who claims to be an 'ex rider' in for free when you think about the hundreds of juniors who got called up to fill a reserve place for a meeting or two at the last minute.

And if someone wants a full season pass to enter any track in the country they need to be paying more than £50 into the Ben fund for the privalege! Maybe their needs to be tiered passes? Single club entry for 10 meetings per season at one rate, full season pass to any track in the country at another?

I'd definitely say there should be some tiered pass,but whatever the tiers,and I think someone like PC or Olle Nygren should get a life time free pass,someone like a 'Rob Homer' shouldn't be considered as anything more than part of the paying public.You can't go giving privileges out to people who done a hobby for a short time with little success.They lived a dream and like I said before,got out of the sport as much as they contributed,which was very little

• Like 2