British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Hanock's Monster Diarrhoea

Shows you the sort of world we live in now when professional 'sportsmen' get paid to advertise a product which is little more than a slow burner to the emergency ward. Hancock's antics are so pathetic it persuaded me a long time ago to pause the start of his interviews, go make a cuppa, and then skip forward to the next race...

• Like 1

Amazingly there are worse crimes.

Like running the length of a track and attacking a fellow rider? I make you right

I can't get my breath over some of the opinions on this thread.

So many people criticise the lack of blue chip sponsorship at all levels and when some elements succeed they get criticised too!!!! The Coca Cola company are a major shareholder in Monster, yes Greg has a commercial affiliation in Sweden but sponsors require significant product placement as part of their terms like it or not.

I haven't heard any complaints recently about the Monster logo embroidered on the rear of the leather hot pants of the start ladies! (But no doubt I will now :lol: )

• Like 3

I think what many people find galling is the unashamed insincerity (and irresponsibility) of super fit sports stars promoting unhealthy products which we all know they wouldn't consume themselves.

Because we all know it's phony, and they are doing it purely for financial gain, it renders the whole charade patronizing and embarrassing.

Of course, celebrities are just as bad on tv.

I remember many years ago, Eric Idle used to advertise Breakaway (I think), chocolate bars and then later when his contract had finished, pretending to almost throw up when he found one in his pocket during a live Monty Python show for a laugh.

People will sell their souls to the devil for money.

• Like 4

Quite right keepturningleft, the riders now call themselves "athletes", no athlete would drink Monster or Red Bull, but there ya go lol

• Like 1

Monster do produce a sugar-free, caffeine-free version!! Monster Energy Absolutely Zero!! :=-)

I haven't heard any complaints recently about the Monster logo embroidered on the rear of the leather hot pants of the start ladies! (But no doubt I will now :lol: )

I find it disgusting...They should take them off..

I'm sure Hancock is delighted people are raising awareness of Monster by talking about it, regardless of the annoying product placement (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be allowed so blatantly in other sports).

The best thing to do would be to ignore it and not buy it.

Johnny Rea does the same in WSBK, every time he's interviewed - seems to be standard procedure for Monster sponsored riders

Johnny Rea does the same in WSBK, every time he's interviewed - seems to be standard procedure for Monster sponsored riders

a lot of people think you look like a monster dave!

a lot of people think you look like a monster dave!

Jealousy will get you nowhere Tony ;)

monster might be bad for you long term as far as additives and sugar, but people take it before going to the gym , maybe some riders aswell

caffeine gives u a kick , makes u train harder ....therefore burn more calories

as for promoting it, well why not if there gonna pay him who really gonna say no

Tbh there were people on here a couple of years back puzzled as to why pepsi were paying millions to Beyonce to advertise their product when Noone has heard of her?!?

I'm pretty sure the marketing gurus at these companies have a reason...

Don't mind monster as a drink Tbh, but like all those drinks it's awful for you.

Edited by waihekeaces1

Somehow cannot imagine how the sales of Monster Energy have rocketed through the roof because of some 46yr old who let's face it apart from the speedway community hardly anyone would know who he is, he's just keeping his sponsor sweet although he could go the 'healthier' way and get a blue coloured drinks bottle, low carb s' the way to go buddies

Monster do produce a sugar-free, caffeine-free version!! Monster Energy Absolutely Zero!! :=-)

Yeah it's the non energy version of an energy drink!

• Like 1

I just find it odd that the likes of Monster can sponsor sports stars and events...but Tobacco companies are banned.

Both carry health warnings...neither are good for you.

Both aren't consumed by professional sportsman and women.

Every time I see any sports person waving their Monster or Red Bull can at me, I can't help but think it's like waving a packet of fags at the TV.

You're better off drinking a double espresso if you want the same effect.

• Like 1