British Speedway Forum

If they can get the individual event and the riders pay right for next year then this weekend is perfect[/quote Let's hope it doesn't clash with W.T C next year because we will still have Kus in our team .Well done Devils

I specifically asked the car park cash collector who got the (doubled !) £2 per day charge and was assured that every penny of it went to the Benfund. On this basis, I had no objection to paying but I read other posts suggesting that the Showground owners are the beneficiaries. Have I been lied to ?

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the two days with some fantastic races in glorious sunshine with no serious injuries.

However, Peterborough is hardly a convenient venue for fans from Workington, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Berwick. If the new track beds in at the National Speedway Stadium, could next year's event not be held there?

No one knows for sure who gets the money for the parking but the Ben Fund would be worthy of the cash Iif the parking steward told you this

Would it be easy for Plymouth Somerset and Ipswich fans to get to Manchester then. All the northern based teams you mention all have easy motorway links to the A1

Edited by scoobydoo

However, Peterborough is hardly a convenient venue for fans from Workington, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Berwick. If the new track beds in at the National Speedway Stadium, could next year's event not be held there?

But more convenient for fans of Rye House, Peterborough, Ipswich, Somerset and Plymouth, not to mention supporters of EL sides such as Coventry and Leicester who attended the event. Scunthorpe is equally distant to Peterborough as it is to Manchester.

Besides, you can't trust the weather up there

Edited by Shads

Would it be easy for Plymouth Somerset and Ipswich fans to get to Manchester then. All the northern based teams you mention all have easy motorway links to the A1

Thanks for thinking of us. But nowhere is easy from Plymouth!

• Like 1

Well done the organisers as it was a cracking weekend of racing. It can only get better next season. The centre green presenter was excellent as he filled the gaps with decent information and good banter.

One complaint - £4.20 a pint for some really poor beer. To charge that price is daylight robbery.

Well done the organisers as it was a cracking weekend of racing. It can only get better next season. The centre green presenter was excellent as he filled the gaps with decent information and good banter.

One complaint - £4.20 a pint for some really poor beer. To charge that price is daylight robbery.

Yes i thought the presenter was excellent and funny.Did i hear his name was Rob,and guessing by his remark on Bjerre's 15m handicap was about 6 inches back i would say he is the Redcar presenter.

I thought it was a great weekend which would have been even better had I not had such a hangover today!..I thought the track was good all weekend considering the amount of racing..The camping thing was great..the evening entertainment weren't the best as the venue was too big and it appeared empty so we ended up in the city centre instead!..the man on the microphone was annoying as were the food prices. But all in all a great weekend with a good turnout, good weather and some good racing..The EOES is the only place to host this event. Well done to Ged and the team for great organisation.

Edited by Lukas

Yes i thought the presenter was excellent and funny.Did i hear his name was Rob,and guessing by his remark on Bjerre's 15m handicap was about 6 inches back i would say he is the Redcar presenter.

Roy (Clarke). Presenter at both Newcastle and, indeed, Redcar.

Roy (Clarke). Presenter at both Newcastle and, indeed, Redcar.

We could do with someone like him at Lynn,good sense of humour and funny.Loved his Benny Hill bit and his stand in for a start line girl.

• Like 2

Well done to the Devils on the win I am sure there fans will take great pleasure from this as without them this wouldn't have been possible.

Sure Lewy will be having a few shandy's tonight enjoy m8 & well deserved :t: .

• Like 1

Well done Roy Clarke you have gained some new fans

He knocks the deadwood like Yorkie and his ilk into a cocked hat

Great weekend of action and atmosphere. Well done to all that contributed. Would guess the attendance today was around 3k. Stand to be corrected.

Only downer was the individual format. 20 heat formula with top 2 scorers v semi final 1 & 2 would have been much better in my opinion. As per PLRC.

Competing against your team mate in every heat - who came up with that idea? Certainly not baby Bear and Andersen. Shame a few riders didn't want to play in the individual event - assume they have their reasons but some need to realise fans travel to support their team - and those that represent.

In summary though - very positive. Plymouth very worthy winners.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

Yeah was rather amusing seeing Bjerre and Jonas B going at it...and also Bates and Howarth!

• Like 2

Well done to the devils (and comets) - I'm sure most neutral fans were cheering them on in the last couple of heats :wink: