British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

My question is, are they spending much time together as a team, to build up a team spirit? Even though this team formula strangely does not have any team riding, a 'team spirit' is surely important to have the right attitude and approach.

No the team won't spend much time together pre Final's night,along with extensive practise ,team bonding isn't seen as an issue to improve performance.

Lets be honest if Team GB finish 4th its where most think they will finish,its questionable if they would have qualified if not been seeded.

Anything better than last will be seen as a great success.

Nobody knows when it was organised, Woffy doesn't have his bikes in the UK and wouldn't be in the UK himself so just cut it out

last minute

Why last minute it should've been pencilled in weeks ago! If all the squad isn't doing it then I don't see the point in arranging it. This week is about the team not individuals. Think Rosco needs to perhaps plan better and be a bit more stronger telling riders they need to be there.

• Like 1

Why last minute it should've been pencilled in weeks ago! If all the squad isn't doing it then I don't see the point in arranging it. This week is about the team not individuals. Think Rosco needs to perhaps plan better and be a bit more stronger telling riders they need to be there.

read the articel from rosco.. a chance for some of the guys to test big track engines i dont think Tai needs to worry about big track engines and to be really honest practise now is useless as it will be totally different come saturday.. practise saturday morning is the best way.. know the tuning and the track wont change much after it.. it was a chance for the other guys to test new kit or get the best out of what they have before saturday.. its not team bonding really.. i dont think the guys really need it.. i would be more concerned the guys will be race rusty as they wouldnt of had a meeting in about a week.. Tai is in Poland NOW testing a new engine for the weekend.

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

read the articel from rosco.. a chance for some of the guys to test big track engines i dont think Tai needs to worry about big track engines and to be really honest practise now is useless as it will be totally different come saturday.. practise saturday morning is the best way.. know the tuning and the track wont change much after it.. it was a chance for the other guys to test new kit or get the best out of what they have before saturday.. its not team bonding really.. i dont think the guys really need it.. i would be more concerned the guys will be race rusty as they wouldnt of had a meeting in about a week.. Tai is in Poland NOW testing a new engine for the weekend.

I disagree.Why did Denmark take their squad to Kings Lynn pre-season when the SWC was there? To get track time on the auctual track the even was taking place on!

There should have been two full days of practice booked weeks ago for the TeamGB squad. Compulsory for all riders to attend if they wish to be part of the team. No going on holiday. No having a tattoo. Be there or you are out of the team.

Not only does it give riders the opportunity to test setups but more importantly learn the shape of the track, find racing lines that would help give any advantage. Plus the riders can bond and be a team, not 4 individuals.

I will be there cheering on TeamGB on Saturday but we will have done spectacularly to get close to third. Just feel we could have helped our chances no end and an opportunity missed.

• Like 2

I disagree.Why did Denmark take their squad to Kings Lynn pre-season when the SWC was there? To get track time on the auctual track the even was taking place on!

There should have been two full days of practice booked weeks ago for the TeamGB squad. Compulsory for all riders to attend if they wish to be part of the team. No going on holiday. No having a tattoo. Be there or you are out of the team.

Not only does it give riders the opportunity to test setups but more importantly learn the shape of the track, find racing lines that would help give any advantage. Plus the riders can bond and be a team, not 4 individuals.

I will be there cheering on TeamGB on Saturday but we will have done spectacularly to get close to third. Just feel we could have helped our chances no end and an opportunity missed.

nice post in a sense i agree but also disagree..

we all know tracks are completely different from practise to race day setups will be different as the track will be prepared different.. the guys will all be together on Friday to watch the race off they will learn a lot from watching it and half the team have riden it.. King (won the british title on it) Lambert was in that meeting and Cook is a home rider...

Tai is the only one who hasnt riden it but i am pretty sure practise will get that sorted really.. with the advice from some of the other riders and i am sure the other home riders like scott nicholls etc will give Tia a nod to gearing etc if needed..

The shape of the track isnt really any different to many others its still a lap where they turn left.. and again they will get friday to watch the racing to know a line surely

so basically it is now boiling down to what everyone calls team bonding.. these guys will get on naturally we will not have that issue..

where i agree is that yes it would be great to have all this planned out have the use of the track for a week for everyone to get to grips with (i dont think it would be good though as the track will be differnet anyway) but it is the national stadium can they spare that time ? and also do we have the budget for it.. ?? answer those two questions.. we heard that the Australia team suffered with funding etc..

so to sum up .. in an ideal world yes it would have been great to get everyone together but if rosco is happy then we should be happy and lets face it he is the one closer to the riders than pretty much anyone anyway..and they will all be there on Friday having team bonding watching who will join them on saturday..

Edited by Dazzafl

Nothing was officially organised so it's a bit off to have a go at the riders that weren't there. Belle Vue pestered Rosco about getting the squad together a few times leading up to the SWC but they were unable to get anything sorted so told the lads they could come and practice if they fancied it. Rosco mentioned about the NSS promotion offering track time during a Sky interview at the British Final.

Fwiw Lambert will just go for it anyway and he seems to quickly adapt and doesn't let reputations phase him. Like Tai I expect a max from him. The confident message he is sending out to his competitors fills me with a belief we will still be in the hunt come the last round of heats.

Getting excited now!

Chris Morton said some time ago the track would be available for the GB team to get some practice on. A full days practice without doubt would have been beneficial to the riders.Why go to Poland to test engines when Tai could have tested them at the NSS.This track rides extremely fast and getting the right set up is crucial.The excuses for missing the practice are frankly unprofessional and needless.Lets face it we need all the help going to challenge for a medal.

• Like 2

Why go to Poland to test engines when Tai could have tested them at the NSS.This track rides extremely fast and getting the right set up is crucial.

because he gets the track to himself maybe..and the right set up will be different come race day.. every top rider has said practise is useless as it is never the same.. but practise on saturday morning will be brilliant because the track will be pretty much the same as it was during practise.. and it wasnt a practise it was an open invitation to test kit..

as i said if rosco is happy with the team then we should get behind them.. why get on their backs about a practise that wasnt really a practise !!

• Like 1

Chris Morton said some time ago the track would be available for the GB team to get some practice on. A full days practice without doubt would have been beneficial to the riders.Why go to Poland to test engines when Tai could have tested them at the NSS.This track rides extremely fast and getting the right set up is crucial.The excuses for missing the practice are frankly unprofessional and needless.Lets face it we need all the help going to challenge for a medal.

So if they all turned up Monday,and got the set up for the track then.Come Saturday and the track is completely different,Monday's set up would have been a complete waste of time.As Rosco said it was completely down to the riders whether they wanted to come or not.So i respect what he said,afterall he is the team GB manager and he makes the decisions regarding the team not us.

• Like 1

So if they all turned up Monday,and got the set up for the track then.Come Saturday and the track is completely different,Monday's set up would have been a complete waste of time.As Rosco said it was completely down to the riders whether they wanted to come or not.So i respect what he said,afterall he is the team GB manager and he makes the decisions regarding the team not us.

this is the point i was trying to make.. plus putting extra laps on an engine when the gearing/setup would be different.. pointless exactly

I reckon Tai knows what he's doing myself. If he gets 4 on Saturday then fair enough but I can't see that happening. Let's just leave the riders to get on with their jobs and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what the role/point is of having a Captain for each World Cup side?

Can anyone tell me what the role/point is of having a Captain for each World Cup side?

i guess to lead the team.. being the one with more experience that will gell a side together.. be the inspiration for the team to move them forwards.. help them out with set up's etc..look at the swedish side being lead by andreas... everyone being together speaking about set ups etc got them all firing..

although i guess your comment has a double edge to it.. waiting for someone to answer then going in with another comment about how they should all practise.. maybe wrong..

Edited by Dazzafl