British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

I've been a Bomber fan since he started, but even I can see his international time is up. To me the choice is obvious.

Woffy

Cook

Lambert

King

• Like 2

I think some people are selecting their team based on one meeting on an exceptionally wet track. To suggest the team is nailed on with over a month of racing to get through is ludicrous imo.

• Like 5

The track tonight shows that regardless of weather it's wet or dry the meeting should go ahead, however riders ride tracks differently in various conditions. For me if its wet like tonight I would go with Woffy, Cook,Lambert, King, Ellis seems to be other fans choice although I have not seen him yet at Belle Vue.

If it's dry then the team is easier to pick IMHO.........Woffy,Cook,Worrall, Nichols. reserve is Lambert.

• Like 1

I would echo the view posted by several on here already and have the main team as:

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

If you are going to make use of home track advantage then, surely you go with a team of British riders who have proven themselves around the new Belle Vue track. The best indicator you have of that at the moment was last night's meeting. King, Cook and Lambert clearly performed better than anyone else. It would be madness not to select the current world champion, so Woffinden should be the other member of the team.

I have no strong feelings as to who rides at reserve. If you had total flexibility to use the reserve for an underperforming rider then I could see sense in using Lambert in that role with someone else stepping into the main team, but as the reserve can only be used in the case of injury, then Lambert would be wasted there in that case. Ellis seems a reasonable shout.

Isnt there a reserve for this years SWC, if so then surely the team picks itself.

Woffinden

King

Lambert

Cook

Nicholls

No way can Harris be considered, either on last night or by his performances so far in this years SGP series.

Isnt there a reserve for this years SWC, if so then surely the team picks itself.

Woffinden

King

Lambert

Cook

Nicholls

No way can Harris be considered, either on last night or by his performances so far in this years SGP series.

The reserve has to be under-21

Woffinden

King

Lambert

Cook

Nicholls

THE RESERVE MUST BE U21 AND CAN ONLY RIDE IN CASE OF INJURY TO ONE OF THE FOUR SELECTED RIDERS

Personally I think tai cook and lambert are certainties. Ellis at reserve.

Then one of Nicholls Harris king or s worrall,probably in that order for me.

I wouldnt totally write harris off tjough. Yes Harris has been poor round belle Vue, BUT the track SHOULD suit him and he has rarely let gb down. And he is top brit in the El averages. Maybe woffy should lend him a bike for the swc.

Woffinden

King

Lambert

Cook

Nicholls

THE RESERVE MUST BE U21 AND CAN ONLY RIDE IN CASE OF INJURY TO ONE OF THE FOUR SELECTED RIDERS

Personally I think tai cook and lambert are certainties. Ellis at reserve.

Then one of Nicholls Harris king or s worrall,probably in that order for me.

I wouldnt totally write harris off tjough. Yes Harris has been poor round belle Vue, BUT the track SHOULD suit him and he has rarely let gb down. And he is top brit in the El averages. Maybe woffy should lend him a bike for the swc.

If there was total flexibility on the reserves then Lambert at reserve would make total sense.

However they can only replace an injured rider so he is wasted at number 5.

The track last night wasnt exactly dry so many people immediatly jumping on who should and shouldnt ride.

Im an Ipswich fan but even after last nights performance i dont think King is a certainty. He only did ok there in the league meeting on a dry track beaten twice by Nicholls and twice by Cook. He looked good in the dirt last night but is he ahead of Lambert and Nicholls for a place?

For me the only 2 certaintys are Tai and Cook. After that we have 3 riders for 2 places , King, Nicholls and Lambert. Nobody else in my opinion should be considered unless injuries happen and then Steve Worrall is next in line.

The reserve should be our under 21 champion who likes the big tracks and thats not Adam Ellis!

• Like 2

I think some people are selecting their team based on one meeting on an exceptionally wet track. To suggest the team is nailed on with over a month of racing to get through is ludicrous imo.

Exceptionally wet? What meeting was you watching last night? It only barely rode like a wet track in the final and even then still had a grippy outer line to bomb around on..The likes of Cook Lambert and of course King rode it consistently all evening so don't quite understand your point...i do agree though that a month is a tad early but you do have to start thinking about it and last night is about the best benchmark were going to get before then

If there was total flexibility on the reserves then Lambert at reserve would make total sense.

However they can only replace an injured rider so he is wasted at number 5.

For me the only 2 certaintys are Tai and Cook. After that we have 3 riders for 2 places , King, Nicholls and Lambert. Nobody else in my opinion should be considered unless injuries happen and then Steve Worrall is next in line.

The reserve should be our under 21 champion who likes the big tracks and thats not Adam Ellis!

Agreed re lambert I think he showed he needs to be in the four. The rule is ludicrous though.

I still think Harris is in the mix for a spot, wouldn't have him in myself but can understand why Rosco might.

The u21 champ who likes big tracks? I know it was wet but bates scored only 1 in a much weaker field than will he in the swc final. That said he or Ellis would be doing exceptionally well to pick up a point if called on so I don't think it will be a factor in gbs performance either way.

We need to get our boys up there, get some real fast gear under them (PJR?) and put them through their paces?

That's why Cook is so quick now as he's running the PJR engines.

The only Brit outside of Woffinden to do so I believe which surprises me.

Believe Lambert is now on BAR's and that to shows on recent performances.

PJR's though are way ahead of the game.

Exceptionally wet? What meeting was you watching last night? It only barely rode like a wet track in the final and even then still had a grippy outer line to bomb around on..The likes of Cook Lambert and of course King rode it consistently all evening so don't quite understand your point...i do agree though that a month is a tad early but you do have to start thinking about it and last night is about the best benchmark were going to get before then

The point I was trying to make was if the track was dry it would ride differently and bike set up would need to change. Danny King was excellent in theses conditions but was only average in the league meeting there.

• Like 1

The track tonight shows that regardless of weather it's wet or dry the meeting should go ahead, however riders ride tracks differently in various conditions. For me if its wet like tonight I would go with Woffy, Cook,Lambert, King, Ellis seems to be other fans choice although I have not seen him yet at Belle Vue.

If it's dry then the team is easier to pick IMHO.........Woffy,Cook,Worrall, Nichols. reserve is Lambert.

Totally agree regarding King, Lambert needs to be in the team though so one of Worrall/Nicholls should be left out of the dry track team.