British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

11+1 looks good but I thought Harris was poor last night considering the riders he was up against in his heats. Top rider's should never get beaten by Sedgmen and he did twice

Poor? You must be joking. He also beat Doyle. 11+1 from number 5 away from is a score any rider would be happy with. Edited by woz01

Poor? You must be joking. He also beat Doyle. 11+1 from number 5 away from is a score any rider would be happy with.

Absolutely, you're just seeing a number.

When you see who he was up against in his heats he should of had more than 1 race win (his 1st ride in heat 3).

Nicholls still not really come to grips with his home track. 0,0 so far tonight.

Cook not great either yet

Edited by mdmc82

I'd stick steve worrall in. Doing the business and fast out of the traps.

Going by tonights performance I would not have any of the Belle Vue riders. If they cannot do better than that on their home track Rosco should be looking to others.

• Like 3

I think tonight's aces performances advanced Harris' claims for a spot, certainly ahead of Nicholls and Worrall.

Tai lambert cook Harris Ellis of you were naming the side today Imo.

• Like 1

Definitely think Nicholls is riding himself out the team recently.

Thing is, once you've picked Tai, Cook & Lambert I think the riders for the last spot are all 'much of a muchness'.

I'm leaning towards Steve Worrall though now

Woffinden

Cook

Lambert

S.Worrall

Bates/Ellis

Why don't all posters pick their team and stick with it rather than re jigging it after every meeting. More ins and outs that the hokey cokey.

My team as of 4 weeks ago and sticking with it

Woffinden

Cook

Lambert

Harris

I'll let Rosco pick between Ellis and Bates

• Like 1

Why don't all posters pick their team and stick with it rather than re jigging it after every meeting. More ins and outs that the hokey cokey.

My team as of 4 weeks ago and sticking with it

Woffinden

Cook

Lambert

Harris

I'll let Rosco pick between Ellis and Bates

I agree with that, I was a bit 50/50 re Cook as I just don’t see where it is going with him, but when it comes to tournament speedway/World Cup it is best to play your strongest hand and the above team is it IMO. I would go with Ellis over Bates.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 2

I too would pick

Woffy

Lambert

Harris

Cook

Ellis

Cook would be most at risk IMO as he has form for not bringing his best to the international stage.

If Danny makes a semi at Cardiff and shows he can mix it at that level he could take that spot.

• Like 1

Harris in Team GB? Runner up 2 weeks ago saying don't forget about me Rosco. Now, in a GP he has previously won, gets 1 point from 5 rides

No way can Harris make the team, Woffinden, Lambert, King plus one of Cook or Nicholls IMO.

I've been a fan of Harris for a long time and defended him on this forum on more than one occasion.

But...his inconsistency is so frustrating. If the SWC team was 7 riders he would have to be in, but he would be a gamble for a 4 man team.

Tonight's performance has settled it for me. I was unsure between King and Harris for the 4th spot, with Nicholls or Worrall as potential outsiders to grab the spot.

But after tonight it has to be King to join the obvious 3 of Woffinden, Cook and Lambert.

(Ellis or Bates is a 50/50 but reserve isn't really relevant)

• Like 4

Danny should be in the team after that performance tonight and following his British Final win.

• Like 3