British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rainman

Bell Vue V Wolves Friday 17th June

An enjoyable meeting. The track was slick and the outside line just wasn't working but still some close racing with some good races. Wolves didn't give up, Lindgren looked fast in his first couple of races and was worth more than he scored, Thorssell battled hard all night and Kylmakorpi had his moments. I was surprised at how poor Howarth was, he was the best EDR at the start of the season.
For the Aces a good solid performance. Fricke was superb, Cook rode well and it was a shame having passed Lindgren that he made a mistake coming off the last bend that let him through for the win. Nicholls seemed unlucky to be excluded in heat 6, he certainly got a nudge from Lindgren going into the first bend, Steve Worrall acquitted himself well in a heat leader role, refusing to be intimidated by Lindgren who was in close contention in the rerun of heat 6. Jacobs also did really well and makes those calling for his head in the earlier part of the season look foolish.
It's good to see the fear coming from some of Ford's disciples. :lol:

Heaven help Leicester tomorrow night. :shock:

Not too sure about that, no Fricke and a question mark over Bomber's current form. Although I still think we shall win.

Unsure about the rules regarding Sam Masters being able to ride for the Wolves following the Edinburgh rainoff. He was there though, sat at table next to me in the Peter Craven Suite. Was chatting to CvS pre match, all very cordial, seemingly no problem.

Think he'll go well round the NSS, a shame he wasn't racing tonight.

No he didn't.

Wolves willingly chose to track a team with a guest and R/R rather than one with their own rider in.

The moment the Edinburgh match was called off, Wolves shouldn't even have been allowed a replacement for Masters as he was available to race.

RR for your weakest rider is always likely to weaken you usually.

It could be argued that we MIGHT have had good cover for PK IF Kyle had scored double figures.

On paper we had a better chance with RR for a rider higher up (Sam) because of heat leaders and second strings being able to take rides.

The rights and wrongs of whether Sam SHOULD have ridden when his PL fixture was cancelled is a separate argument.

Exactly. Wolves went into this fixture understrength and Adams cost his side any chance of a point. Anyone with half a speedway brain can see that.

We were under strength even if PK rode so would have been missing a rider.

anyone with half a brain would know that using RR for your weakest rider is often making you weaker if you have to use reserves for half of those rides at least.

It's not rocket science.

RR for your weakest rider is always likely to weaken you usually.

It could be argued that we MIGHT have had good cover for PK IF Kyle had scored double figures.

On paper we had a better chance with RR for a rider higher up (Sam) because of heat leaders and second strings being able to take rides.

The rights and wrongs of whether Sam SHOULD have ridden when his PL fixture was cancelled is a separate argument.

It doesn't matter in the slightest whether it weakened us or didn't weaken us.

Sam Masters was present at the meeting and as such should have been riding.

As for the argument, Masters has been one of our best riders all season, 4 rides for him is far stronger than 3 for Kenneth Hansen and one for Thorssell, so no, we weren't stronger 'on paper'.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

Speedway shooting itself in the foot again re: Masters. How can it be right that a rider declared in a team's official 1-7 is sitting in the stands watching (without injury) while a guest takes his place in the team?

Total madness! Don't think it would have changed the result but surely the whole situation is wrong!

• Like 4

The rules need to be changed Masters was there and should have been allowed to ride he is in our 1 to 7 should not have to be declared.

• Like 2

Think Kyle Howarth has been a bigger disappointment for me than Mikkel Bech.In all honesty he should be wiping the floor with most of these reserves,but you could see the writing was on the wall for this meeting with how he performed in Manchester on Monday night.

The bloke just doesn,t seem interested when it comes to riding the big fast tracks like Belle Vue and Kings Lynn.Whould like to know what his average would be on the bigger tracks away from Monmore and Lakeside.

Probably no better than Morris and Clegg tbh.

Very slick track tonight. Just need a little more dirt. All though rain was forecasts which came but not till just after heat 15. Sods law I suppose. If we would have watered I bet the rain would have hit at heat 1.

It was a decent meeting. Some very close races which I suppose made it feel better than it actually was.

Fricke was immense. Jacobs repaying our faith in him. But zagar 4 points again???? It's not him. It's Deffo his bikes. He's just so slow and he's now had 3 genuine E/F. Uike him that. He needs to sort his bikes our asap.

Thorsell loved the track. He rode well has did Lindgren and kylmakorpi who was always in contention to score more points.

Was Lindgren the first rider to be excluded for going on centre green. And more importantly did anyone see him go on centre green. Cos I never did and the ppl around me never did.

Unsure how the crowd was today. When ur in grandstand it looks full it's hard to tell how many was in there. I'd say about 800-1000 was in grandstand.

And we'll done management. They have moved the speakers to the top of the grandstand and put more speakers in so the tannoy is now loud and clear where ever u are.

that did make me laugh.

Think Kyle Howarth has been a bigger disappointment for me than Mikkel Bech.In all honesty he should be wiping the floor with most of these reserves,but you could see the writing was on the wall for this meeting with how he performed in Manchester on Monday night.

The bloke just doesn,t seem interested when it comes to riding the big fast tracks like Belle Vue and Kings Lynn.Whould like to know what his average would be on the bigger tracks away from Monmore and Lakeside.

Been thinking the same about Kyle Howarth. Remember watching him race in the same Belle Vue Colts side as Jason Garrity & they were around the same level - that certainly isn't the case at the moment.

Being a local lad & ex-Belle Vue, I was sad to see Kyle struggle last night, hope he starts to progress again soon - though if he could wait til after Monday night that would be ideal. ;)

An enjoyable meeting. The track was slick and the outside line just wasn't working but still some close racing with some good races. Wolves didn't give up, Lindgren looked fast in his first couple of races and was worth more than he scored, Thorssell battled hard all night and Kylmakorpi had his moments. I was surprised at how poor Howarth was, he was the best EDR at the start of the season.

For the Aces a good solid performance. Fricke was superb, Cook rode well and it was a shame having passed Lindgren that he made a mistake coming off the last bend that let him through for the win. Nicholls seemed unlucky to be excluded in heat 6, he certainly got a nudge from Lindgren going into the first bend, Steve Worrall acquitted himself well in a heat leader role, refusing to be intimidated by Lindgren who was in close contention in the rerun of heat 6. Jacobs also did really well and makes those calling for his head in the earlier part of the season look foolish.

It's good to see the fear coming from some of Ford's disciples. :lol:

Not too sure about that, no Fricke and a question mark over Bomber's current form. Although I still think we shall win.

Really pleased for young Jacobs he seems to have turned the corner a good little rider in there somewhere.When i see him ride at the Abbey he was on the pace but lacked sharpness also i don't think he has the best aquipment .MORT must be happy with what he is contributing now though,i want all the young Brits to improve even young Clegg not always in the points but has improved as a rider. Edited by Sidney the robin

Think Kyle Howarth has been a bigger disappointment for me than Mikkel Bech.In all honesty he should be wiping the floor with most of these reserves,but you could see the writing was on the wall for this meeting with how he performed in Manchester on Monday night.The bloke just doesn,t seem interested when it comes to riding the big fast tracks like Belle Vue and Kings Lynn.Whould like to know what his average would be on the bigger tracks away from Monmore and Lakeside.Probably no better than Morris and Clegg tbh.

Howarth has always been overrated ,he has not improved I the last 3 seasons.The odd decent meeting!

....and yet he is doing pretty well at Sheffield and was usually impressive at Workington.

I agree, though. He was poor last night.

I've been very impressed with some of the young Brits at the NSS this season.The national league is producing some good riders for the future.Joe has improved a lot and having extra rides has definitely helped him.Its great to see the progress of young riders irrespective of who they ride for.

• Like 2

I hope Masters was charged to get in?! Too many freeloaders around!! lol

• Like 1

p

Are you naturally obnoxious or do you have to have lessons?

Anyone can see that if Masters rode Wolves would have had another rider capable of winning heats. They had no one really to cover for PK anyway as only a coup,e of the riders were effective in the meeting.

If you call trolling giving an opinion then you are the star queenie. Dont come on a thread that has nothing to do with Poole, wher you normally hang out, and start spewing the same crap that wrecks many threads on here.

Belle Vue are a good team no doubt but Wolves turned up with a team Leicester would have been embarassed to put out. No wonder they got pasted.

Still, Belle Vue are now the clear favourites for the league as many have said. Lets see who can shoot them down.

I nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard.. Yeh very good Steve. You just cannot tell some people, and sadly there are some you just cannot converse with no matter what you do. Gavin, seems to have a blockage somewhere...

Yep BV are favorites for the title.