British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

Yet the Armstrong situation is exactly the same as the Chessell situation. Both riders were missing for reasons other than injury or doubling up, and both teams allowed a facility for the riders.

The opposition didn't spit the dummy over Mildenhall having a facility for Armstrong. So why are Mildenhall spitting the dummy over Cradley having a facility for Chessell?

Mildenhall haven't been allowed a facility for Jon they have had to use rider replacement.There had been a hope I think that Jon would move to No.1 and then he would have a facility but there seemed to be an anomaly with the re declaration of averages preventing it.

Edited by TMW

I hope that it is a brief rest.

Kevin Jolly might have made a mistake here but he is as far as I am concerned a very decent, likeable and approachable man who has put his heart and soul into Mildenhall Speedway.

• Like 4

You've just contradicted yourself. As you say, they had a facility for Jon just as Cradley did for Chessell.

What????

Well yes they would have to have something or meetings couldn't run ????

Like other have said the Mildenhall promotion are in the wrong by cancelling the meeting.

But someone at the top needs to seriously look at why Cradley were allowed to bring in a Guest rider, it should not have happen, but unfortunately it is typical of Speedway promotions these days using the rules to their own benefits.

Like other have said the Mildenhall promotion are in the wrong by cancelling the meeting.

But someone at the top needs to seriously look at why Cradley were allowed to bring in a Guest rider, it should not have happen, but unfortunately it is typical of Speedway promotions these days using the rules to their own benefits.

To be fair, mate, what they have done is entirely legal and within NL regulations.

You can, as Alan Jones has said, have a facility for literally anything.

I stand corrected, Alan (I 'd like to thank Neil Watson for doing so by pm).

I suppose 'I got wrecked last night, am hungover and don't fancy riding but will be in the bar having a few beers in the stadium bar instead' is reasonable grounds to allow a guest, isn't it ?

"any other reason, eg. Work, school, holidays etc.", so yes.

You're making no sense.

My apologies I should have said guest facility !!

Different rules over three different leagues?

I think PL and EL are the same for missing rider

I've given up trying to keep up with the rules. Earlier this year there was the tac ruling in the Premier League Cup, then the riding over the Centre green rule, now this

I fear the worst for Milldenhall speedway. It's only a couple of weeks ago Kevin Jolly said he was seriously considering his future in speedway.

The rules regarding facilities for missing riders are different in the NL than the upper leagues.

The rule book is readily available to download at http://www.britishspeedway.co/2016_regulations_final.pdf , Art 19.12 is the pertinent one here.