British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

From BSPA Website:

"Mildenhall speedway would like to apologise to Officials, riders and supporters of both clubs for this afternoons meeting being called off.

Following a recent build up of personal and club issues over recent weeks, club promoter Kevin Jolly made a ‘heat of the moment’ decision this morning that he regretted straight away. He immediately made efforts to correct the situation, but his offers were sadly declined.

He will now be taking a brief rest from the sport but hopes to return for the meeting on Sunday 17th July when the Isle of Wight are due to visit West Row. No further statement will be made at this time."

I was going to comment, but having read this i will refrain clearly the guy is going through a tough time.

I've no idea whose right or wrong in this matter but after travelling up and down the country the last 6 years and encountered many farcical situations at various tracks I decided not to bother travelling away this year. I just pick the odd meeting here and there ,mainly in the pl. and after watching the farce at Kings Lynn for a few hours last night I'm beginning to wonder why I bother. I'd be better off becoming a footie fan again

I've no idea whose right or wrong in this matter but after travelling up and down the country the last 6 years and encountered many farcical situations at various tracks I decided not to bother travelling away this year. I just pick the odd meeting here and there ,mainly in the pl. and after watching the farce at Kings Lynn for a few hours last night I'm beginning to wonder why I bother. I'd be better off becoming a footie fan again

I doubt you're alone

Cradley's win at all costs mentality does the sport no favours.

Im sorry but this simply does not stand up, look at the record over the years. I take it your Team is in it NOT to win it ?.

Mildenhall getting a reputation for speaking first and thinking later.

I can understand why the guest rules so lax in NL, though. Surely it's case of increasing professionalism as you move up the ranks.NL riders put a lot of unpaid hours in for love of the sport. Unfortunately it's then open to abuse.

• Like 2

My god speedway shoots itself in the foot yet again and I wonder how much more it can take, its in a very serious state. Ive been a fan for many years and cannot remember it being so bad for 40 odd years.

Kevin Jolly has really shown total immaturity and could even lose his licence. Im truely shocked by his antics and speedway is in dire straights here in Suffolk what with the Ipswich Witches being run into the

ground by sky loving Chris Louis. Perhaps the rumours we have been hearing about a Suffolk millionaire wanting to buy him out will be followed by him also buying Jolly out, lets hope so for all us Suffolk fans.

• Like 1

My god speedway shoots itself in the foot yet again and I wonder how much more it can take, its in a very serious state. Ive been a fan for many years and cannot remember it being so bad for 40 odd years.

Kevin Jolly has really shown total immaturity and could even lose his licence. Im truely shocked by his antics and speedway is in dire straights here in Suffolk what with the Ipswich Witches being run into the

ground by sky loving Chris Louis. Perhaps the rumours we have been hearing about a Suffolk millionaire wanting to buy him out will be followed by him also buying Jolly out, lets hope so for all us Suffolk fans.

i see where your coming from and sort off agre

but were only talking rumours at moment think we should all wait to see the offical version

Cradley's win at all costs mentality does the sport no favours.

I fail to see how sticking within the rules is win at all costs, Take the teams out of it and take a look and I'm sure sure you'll see sense without the rose coloured glasses or obvious hatred towards Cradley

This is all a sorry state of affairs, if the reason Keven Jolly "blew his top" was because of the guest facility for Chessel who can blame him? He has placed such a lot of time & money into Mildenhall - yet the sport would appear to be run by a team of halfwits. Speedway needs a huge shake-up starting from the top & a few heads pulled out of the sand.

I have been involved in Speedway for the last 50 years & I for one would not put any of my own money into the sport - only because of it's current state.

• Like 3

I'd like to know how Cradley were looking to get a facility because one of their riders doesn't have machinery.. Read that Mildenhall were going to loan out an engine too...

Surely a Speedway rider without machinery isn't a Speedway rider anymore but a Speedway spectator?

Can you have a guest for a spectator now?

Or maybe they should!?

Thousands of guests replacing the thousands of missing fans could solve a lot of issues!!

• Like 8