British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Bees (sky) Wed 22nd June

Live on tv it was an insensitive comment in today's world and if you look at Sophie I don't think she looked happy either.

Sophie probably wasn't happy because it didn't lead her into another question!

Live on tv it was an insensitive comment in today's world and if you look at Sophie I don't think she looked happy either.

Professionally offended folk can turn almost anything into an insensitive comment in today's world.

It's one of the biggest problems with 'today's world'.

• Like 1

Watched Bates. Yound lad making his way. If he gated he did well but his passing ability seems non existent at the moment. Like it out wide.

Lambert B rubbish himself when sandwiched and he got through but he seems at the moment to be a bit of a gater.

Plenty of time to improve though.

Your comment re Josh Bates is nonsense

Good win for the Bees I thought the reserves would be the difference and they were. Another away win at Leicester and we are on a roll!

http://www.streamgaroo.com/live-television/united-kingdom/sky-sports-1-live-stream

There are multiple streams. Look for the "Switch Stream' tab to select another if this one fails.

Many thanks Rob, enjoyable meeting to watch with added bonus of Kings Lynn losing. Edited by Tom Thumb
  • Like 1

As televised meeting go this wasn't too bad, with delays kept to the minimum. It didn't surprise me that we lost, it was always on the cards from our lack lustre team. We cant keep relying on Niels and Lambert to secure the points. But to be truthfully honest, they are the only two riders in our team worth paying to watch. The rest are beyond hope.

I'm afraid that if Buster doesn't bring about some changes, there won't be many fans left to entertain..... We can accept not winning, but riders not bothering to try is asking too much.... Some of the effort tonight was disgraceful....

Congratulation to Coventry for winning, but we sure made it easy for you.

Some great action ,good meeting.I agree with other comment regarding starting,it appears you have to let the tapes get level with your handlebars or it is deemed you have anticipated the Start!!!! That's not right,nobody was near touching the tapes tonight yet races were brought back.

Its Mads average that is false.This is what has put Lambert down to second string.Lambert has attained that average riding at a heat leader position so is definitely not on a false average.

Of course it is. Lambert was riding against heat leaders and the occasional second string but no reserves as a heat leader so his is falsely low. Meantime Korneliussen was racing a mix against all classes of rider including easier rides against the reserves and his is falsely high.

It's far, far easier to achieve a six point average from second string than heat leader but not as easy as while riding at reserve.

Since the protected heats formula was introduced averages have been totally meaningless. Using them to then determine team positions is ridiculous.

If anything Korneliussen's average is actually less false since it was earned riding against heat leaders, second strings and reserves as all riders did prior to the new formula being introduced.

On a more relevant note, what a great speedway meeting that was!

Edited by rmc

How poor are kings Lynn when they make Coventry look like play off contenders!?!

In fairness the Bees looked like they wanted it and deserved the victory.

Bates was superb, not sure about the other fast tracker reserve Kacper tho.

What another fantastic SKY EL meeting. The PL has a lot to live up to.

• Like 1

Another great meeting...been the best tv season for a while

• Like 2

Batchelor has no excuses this week after knocking in 3 double figure scores in 3 Danish league fixtures running for Region Varde.

Poor score against Coventry at home and fingers will be pointing, especially if ending in defeat.

Oooops! What happens now?

I've worked at Lynn and know those sun breaks are necessary. Last thing you need is to head into a corner with the sun straight in your eyes. It's all down to the alignment of the track, flat country and no buildings to block the sun when it's setting. They were necessary 16 years ago and I can't see the sun's changed its habits since then.

The sun break might be necessary but why not do the sensible thing and have a start time of 8pm instead of 7.30pm? We went to the Coventry match last season and the match didn't start for 40 minutes waiting for the sun to go down. Probably getting grumpy in my old age but I wouldn't bother going again.

Have we had a poor Sky meeting yet this season? Leicester got pass marks, the GB Final only really got pass marks too but wouldn't have started at most tracks and wouldn't have ended at any other so can be excused. All the GPs have been good too. It's been a great year for televised speedway (Prague in the GPs next and PL dross next week though :P;))

I don't know which PL match Sky are filming but I should think the Leicester v Coventry match would be a good prospect. That's if it's on of course, although no word yet of it being postponed.

How poor are kings Lynn when they make Coventry look like play off contenders!?!

In fairness the Bees looked like they wanted it and deserved the victory.

Bates was superb, not sure about the other fast tracker reserve Kacper tho.

What another fantastic SKY EL meeting. The PL has a lot to live up to.

I suppose that's the nearest we're going to get to a compliment. :lol: Presume you're not going to mention K.K then?

I suppose that's the nearest we're going to get to a compliment. :lol: Presume you're not going to mention K.K then?

Mention for doing the job he is meant to do you mean?

Makes a change I suppose. :t:

• Like 1

In fairness to KK, and I am one of his fiercest critics, he did look sublime last night (as he sometimes can). I still say he is incredibly frustrating and will produce the odd inexplicable zero from time to time, even though he looked arguably the quickest rider on show last night.

Concur with most on here, cracking meeting though. Conveniently finished just in time to see Ireland's winner too.

Meetings at Kings Lynn very rarely miss and last night was no exception, well done to Coventry on their win, a win which gives Kings Lynn very little chance of making the play offs, especially if they persist with Troy Batchelor in their team.