British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton 2016

So according to bspa website Buxton are now thinking of to changes i wonder who they will get ?

So according to bspa website Buxton are now thinking of to changes i wonder who they will get ?

Who else is there? From the sounds of things Pipe is looking at digging up some rusty ex riders to replace the rusty ex riders he signed at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

In speedway's 'good old days' tracks used to call on 'rusty old riders' and they proved to be enthusiastic to their teams and match winners. In the early 1960s, two examples of this were Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar - both in their fifties - who were the key riders at places like Liverpool, Bradford and Middlesbrough.

Edited by Guest

There Mitchell Davey Richard Hall mmmm

i read jamie westacott was having a blast around plymouth and looked like he hadn't been away for 10 yrs ?

i read jamie westacott was having a blast around plymouth and looked like he hadn't been away for 10 yrs ?

what's his average as apparently Coventry are sorted for a replacement to?

what's his average as apparently Coventry are sorted for a replacement to?

sorry alex , i've no idea, i just read a little piece in the star .

sorry alex , i've no idea, i just read a little piece in the star .

Ah ok just wondering because if he is coming back it will be to either one of them

Best wishes to Jade Mudgway and his family after retiring on medical grounds.

• Like 8

In speedway's 'good old days' tracks used to call on 'rusty old riders' and they proved to be enthusiastic to their teams and match winners. In the early 1960s, two examples of this were Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar - both in their fifties - who were the key riders at places like Liverpool, Bradford and Middlesbrough.

almost right. David Speight & Lee Dicken, it may take a little more than these 2 to drag Buxton from the bottom of the league.

How much do you get paid to mention Geoff Pymar at every possible opportunity out of interest?

Kyle Hughes must be nearly ready to come back now as he was ok from July time but we couldn't wait that long. He would fit

• Like 1

Sadly, it looks like Greg Hancock couldn't drag Buxton from the bottom of the table.

One can accept losing away to Kent with Danny Ayres and the Piddletown Express on such sparkling form, but the home losses are very hard to stomach...

However, in fairness the team has been extremely unlucky with injuries and no team manager can plan for those, but there is a limit to how hard Ollie and Ryan can ride in an effort to keep the flag flying....

To be fair, buxton put in a battling performance at kent last night. They gave it their all from the first race till the last.

• Like 4