British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton 2016

I'd like to see some of Buxton's critics do as well as you do with so little to work with. Keeping speedway going for 23 seasons in such a remote spot is a true testament to all the effort that you and your family have put in over the years.

As already mentioned, the criticism is aimed mainly at the team manager. However, if anyone should have any legitimate criticisms are they not allowed to air them?

I have full admiration for what Jayne & co have achieved over the years and hope to see them prosper again in the future. They are realistic and know the limitations of the area in which they are based and ravages that the weather offers up.

Im sure that many involved with the club would love to complete a series of upgrades but finance, assistance and time most likely prevent these.

Even Mr Pipe who appears to be doing far more harm than good is at least a manager that can assist with the strain and is most likely to stay in place until another suitable replacement can be found? It would be delightfully ironic though if he was replaced by a manager from 8 years ago that everyone had forgotten about :D

No criticism intended from me. Buxton is not my home town club, but go there when I can. When I go I get to see more speedway, Buxton get more income, which is why I fail to understand changing fixtures, without drawing more attention to the change.

I have always admired Buxton for their policy of trying to promote the NL in the spirit it was conceived .Now even they have to find expierianced riders to try and be competitive with the teams that winning is the be all and end all,buying success.Its obvious they can't pay the money that some Teams pay.Well done to the family for keeping Buxton running in difficult circumstances .

• Like 3

Even Mr Pipe who appears to be doing far more harm than good is at least a manager that can assist with the strain and is most likely to stay in place until another suitable replacement can be found? It would be delightfully ironic though if he was replaced by a manager from 8 years ago that everyone had forgotten about

Why do you keep attacking Jason Pipe? do you actually know him?

Why do you keep attacking Jason Pipe? do you actually know him?

Attacking is a little strong? My comments are based upon his actions and attitudes towards riders both via public statements & private conversations i have had with various parties. Its certainly not a witch hunt against Pipe but "in my opinion" he has had a negative impact on Buxton.

I know him enough to be able to form my opinions in the same way that i know you enough to be able to do likewise.

• Like 1

Attacking is a little strong? My comments are based upon his actions and attitudes towards riders both via public statements & private conversations i have had with various parties. Its certainly not a witch hunt against Pipe but "in my opinion" he has had a negative impact on Buxton.

I know him enough to be able to form my opinions in the same way that i know you enough to be able to do likewise.

You don't know me at all. I do know Jason Pipe and he doesn't strike me in that way at all.

Sorry, but I think I will give up trying to work out what they are trying to do with fixtures. The match I intended going to on 18 Sep now reserved only (no explanation given for the change). Both league home fixtures which need to be arranged (if indeed they will be) both opponents have matches on the 11th and 18th September (not sure 11th September would be a good date with PLRC Sheffield same date), Try to support Buxton when I can, not very easy as things are going. Some clues from the promotion would held. I also assume that the early season Stoke "air fence" match will not take place.

It looks to me that Buxton are a team that many have a lot of time for, the same can not be said for Jason Pipe. My experience of managers (sport and working life) is that when they start openly blaming their own team members then they have nothing else to offer that team. Yes, "behind closed doors" you can do so, of course.. but not in press releases.....and its not just this season either.

• Like 2

It looks to me that Buxton are a team that many have a lot of time for, the same can not be said for Jason Pipe. My experience of managers (sport and working life) is that when they start openly blaming their own team members then they have nothing else to offer that team. Yes, "behind closed doors" you can do so, of course.. but not in press releases.....and its not just this season either.

Yes, I’ve got a lot of time for Buxton Speedway.

On a nice, sunny day it is a great place to watch speedway action.

Some of the facilities are a bit lacking and I am not sure that the place does enough to promote itself or even keep it's followers informed but resources are obviously limited.

With regard to Jason Pipe, I do not know the man and am in no position to pass judgement on him. When I have spoken to him, he has always appeared pleasant enough.

What is rather irksome with Buxton is the short lifespan of so many team members!

You are just about getting used to who is in the line-up before the musical chairs starts again and riders move up and down and sideways or disappear altogether. Obviously, injury plays a part in this but it cannot be the only reason.

Now whether this churn of riders is the fault of the aforesaid Jason Pipe, I know not.

Perhaps there are forces in play of which we know nothing and the team manager has to go with the flow.

I was sorry to see David Speight disappear from Buxton, as I always thought that he was a pretty decent rider and the way that he was flying at the recent grasstrack meeting at Kelsall confirmed my opinion.

I hope that Buxton can find the resources to hang on in there because despite their limitations, they would be sorely missed.

Just my opinion, obviously.

:t:

Cradley Fixture now September 11th. Pity they do not have earlier start time. Would have considered doing this and PLRC same day. Sure a few others would have.

BSPA's fixture page have September 18th for Buxton Birmingham match. I believe this was the original date. Still reserved on Buxton's fixture page. So, does this mean, BSPA's date was never updated, and so this is wrong, or has it been re-arranged and the clubs have decided not to tell us (or are there other options I have not thought about).

Is Buxton v Kings Lynn on today 04/09/2016

Just been called off according to Buxton Twitter feed.

Edited by Steve Park

We were hoping to get the meeting on as the rain had stopped in town. Unfortunately that isnt the case at the track and it is just too wet to get the meeting on. Apologies to anyone who had set off.