British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Birmingham Vs Kent - June 22nd (national Trophy Final)

Surprised there wasnt a thread started earlier with it being such an important meeting. We need a healthy lead to take to central park and we have a good choice of guest in Matt Williamson, he was excellent for Eastbourne the other week scoring 13+1. Kent are a top side, Danny Ayres especially is good here and last time round Luke Bowen was practically unbeatable. So this will be a tough one

Weather is dry and sunny at the minute, hope it stays that way

Come on Kings, keep it tight and in with a good chance in the second leg

Absolutely gutted that England are now playing on Monday and i promised my boy I would watch the football with him,decisions decisions, really dont want to let him down but really want to watch Kings in the cup final

I would settle for the earlier 45-45 draw.

But I think if Kent can keep Brum down to a 6-8 lead it will be a job well done.

• Like 1

I think our unbeaten run will come to an end tonight, however, Birmingham's lead won't be enough to get the aggregate win.

Speedway wins over football every day of the week.

BYW

the lad comes first every time, there will be more meetings but he will remember you deciding speedway over a night in with him. do the right thing :t:

• Like 1

the lad comes first every time, there will be more meetings but he will remember you deciding speedway over a night in with him. do the right thing :t:

couldn't agree more , watch the football, buy the dvd and go to the second leg.

• Like 1

An off night for any rider could swing this tie. Think that Brum will have enough about them to run out winners at home but providing Kent can keep the score within 10 (which is easily achievable) then prospects look good for Monday. Not only is this a massive chance for the Kings to pick up a piece of team silverware but could have a large impact on the Kent attendances as many will opt for Speedway if the result looks close but perhaps football if Brum hand out a thumping tonight.

On a side note i believe the football is being shown in the main bar? If so surely its the answer to both. Watch the speedway then the football to follow? Sounds like win win (except perhaps for England)

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

a few people seem to be missing the point on here. it's nothing to do with choosing speedway over football , it's choosing speedway over a promise to your son.

• Like 3

my lads reckon ive only ever let them down once, it was when the 3 of them wanted a day off school to go and meet slipknot in brum where they were doing a signing session.i had to be on the wifes side because shes a teacher so I said no even tho I remember thinking they would remember the slipknot meeting for ever whereas the day at school would be long forgotton.which it is.15 years later they still jokingly bring this up from time to time

An off night for any rider could swing this tie. Think that Brum will have enough about them to run out winners at home but providing Kent can keep the score within 10 (which is easily achievable) then prospects look good for Monday. Not only is this a massive chance for the Kings to pick up a piece of team silverware but could have a large impact on the Kent attendances as many will opt for Speedway if the result looks close but perhaps football if Brum hand out a thumping tonight.

On a side note i believe the football is being shown in the main bar? If so surely its the answer to both. Watch the speedway then the football to follow? Sounds like win win (except perhaps for England)

After the match the other day id pick speedway over the football... So many chances but just couldn't land it at least something is garunteed to happen at speedway! Also not sure it will do much to attendances after winning a trophy. After winning 3 last year ours have dropped if anything Edited by Al3x200

Surprised there wasn't a thread started earlier ..

Maybe the average Brummies fan is a bit too long in the tooth or a bit too web-weary to take part in forums any more. Things ain't what they used to be. Just be grateful that they still turn up through the gate on the night.

Absolutely gutted that England are now playing on Monday and i promised my boy I would watch the football with him,decisions decisions, really dont want to let him down but really want to watch Kings in the cup final

Take your son to the second leg, I obviously want the Brummies to win the trophy but if Kent have a good chance then it would be great for your son to see them win the trophy. Its how we get hooked on the sport as kids seeing moments like that.

At end of day you can always record the football and watch it later.

Edited by Brummie Kev

I think our unbeaten run will come to an end tonight, however, Birmingham's lead won't be enough to get the aggregate win.

Speedway wins over football every day of the week.

BYW

I agree speedway over football, but i'll have a heartbroken 8 year old who I have to break a promise too :(

footy doesn't start till 8 . up till then it's just the drivel from pundits . should be able to fit both in i should think

I'm not bothered who wins this . but it looks like probably 1 of the best meetings anyone is going to see in the NL this year . good luck to both teams . and lets hope it's a cracker and incident free for all the lads

• Like 3