British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Poole Friday 1st July

Can "SOMEONE" give up a synopsis of the actual meeting, quality of racing, any passing, etc.....?

Rather than all this back stabbing, speedway politics and posturing..

• Like 2

ah bless. try asking other Poole fans if i can debate on a Poole thread and they will agree that i can.

The trouble is that there are the usual 3 of you that embarrass yourselves and your club on regular occassions.

Look at the pathetic immature posts from piratespiratespirates!

You banged on and on about this meeting then you come on here writing absolute tosh once you have won. Take a look at the thread im not the only one to point this out.

And if you also check the thread i have congratulated Poole on their win, to those fans who actually know what they are talking about and didnt moan like a child before the match and then act like a moron after it.

And still you go on and on and on. You made a complete dick of yourself last night and it seems a sleep has not calmed you down as you are carrying on where you left off last night. Your anger at our unexpected victory is hilarious. A simple, well done Poole would have sufficed, or rather no post at all would have been better than moaning that Starke won it for us and Newman would never have done that. Hilarious as Bjarne at reserve, Hans, Buck and Kurtz would have mullered Lakeside the way they rode last night.

Oh Lilly you do make me laugh!

Yep. Last night was a classic. Rather than stop and cut his losses he made a bigger fool of himself with ever post. His wig slipped, the mascara ran and the lippy smudged.

I still maintain the meeting was a FARCE.

After Cook had a dig at supporters for saying this meeting was a joke, I am glad he got his comeuppance.

He thought it would be an easy 3 points by letting this meeting go ahead.

I bet there was a small crowd and I would have gone had it been a proper meeting.

As somebody said earlier,take AJ out of the team and it is a PL team.

EL RIP.

Nobody expected Poole to win this before tapes up. I thought withdrawal of Kennet gave us the chance of not being smashed but Lakeside still looked far too strong for us. Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

We went to Lakeside last year and won with FOUR guests.....

Didnt make me as an Aces fan feel any joy to be honest as it wasnt really 'our team'...

Still, part of me does get some joy from the vocal Lakeside's promoters getting turned over when (yet again) they put on this type of 'nonsense' Speedway meeting...

• Like 4

Can "SOMEONE" give up a synopsis of the actual meeting, quality of racing, any passing, etc.....?

Anyone answer Shale Searchers question?

Plus what was attendance like, many (any) Poole fans? Plenty of us now regretting not going I'm sure. :cry:

• Like 1

looking like a bit of Deja vu regarding the league table.. does this sound familiar?

a few weeks in, topping the table 'its gonna be our year' and the then slowly slips down and again it's looking like you'll miss out on a P/O spot.

This from the Poole fans forum....

http://poolespeedway.2288420.n4.nabble.com/LAKESIDE-HAMMERS-v-POOLE-quot-READYPOWER-quot-PIRATES-td4698458.html

LAKESIDE HAMMERS v POOLE "READYPOWER" PIRATES

LAKESIDE HAMMERS 42

1. Andreas Jonsson.......1, 3, 2, 3, 2...................11

2. Edward Kennett R/R..[LK 0, BM 2, RL2, LB1]....5

3. Richard Lawson.........1', 2, 2, 2, 0..................7+1

4. Lewis Bridger............3, F, Ret, 1', 1...............5+1

5. Kim Nilsson..............2, 2', 1', 1, 1'.................7+3

6. Lewis Kerr................0,2, Disq, 2, 1', 2...........7+1

7. Robert Mear.............1', 1, 1'.........................3+2

8. Ben Morley...............2,.................................2

POOLE "READYPOWER" PIRATES 48

1. Chris Holder...............3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3..............15

2. Adam Ellis..................2', 3, 3, 1, EF, 0............9+1

3. Aaron Summers..........0, 0, 0.........................0

4. Ricky Wells.................0, 1, 3, Ret, 3...............7

5. Hans Andersen R/R......[AE3, PS3, CH3, RW0]...9

6. Bradley Wilson-Dean....F, 1, 0.........................1

7. Paul Starke..................3, 2, 3, 3, F.Disq, 3, 2'..16+1

Referee...Christina Turnbull

Weather....Overcast...windy...rain

Toss...Poole win the toss and take 1 and 3

Ht.1 Jonsson, R/R Kerr, HOLDER, ELLIS

Res. HOLDER, ELLIS, Jonsson, Kerr 57.4 1-5 1-5

R/R for Lakeside is Lewis Kerr....A good gate by the Pirates....AJ and Ellis trade places a couple of times, but Holder wins untroubled.

Ht.2 Kerr, Mear, WILSON-DEAN, STARKE

Res. STARKE, Kerr, Mear, WILSON-DEAN [fell] 61.8 3-3 4-8

Starke is noted racing in his 2015 Pirates kevlars....The Somerset guests were on an early 5-1 but Wilson-Dean finally caught by both Hammers on the last lap before he slid off. He up and ok

Ht.3 Lawson, Nilsson, SUMMERS, R/R ELLIS

Res. ELLIS, Nilsson, Lawson, SUMMERS 57.9 3-3 7-11

R/R for Poole Adam Ellis.....From the gate, but Summers was closing in in the end. [The a weather report by the way.

Ht.4 Bridger, Mear, WELLS, STARKE

Res. Bridger, STARKE, Mear, WELLS 58.8 4-2 11-13

A third lap pass on Mear by Starke as Bridger is a clear winner.

Ht.5 R/R Morley, Kerr, ELLIS, WILSON-DEAN

Res. ELLIS, Morely, WILSON-DEAN, Kerr [Disq] 59.3 2-4 13-17

R/R for Lakeside Ben Morley...

A rerun will be required as Kerr, who was leading, got it all wrong. Wilson-Dean falls whilst trying to avoid him. Kerr is disqualified from the rerun....In the rerun Wilson-Dean fell again whilst trying to pass Morely. He remounts for a valuable point.

Peptalk reporting threatening clouds approaching the stadium, and bad weather forecast.

Ht.6 Lawson, Bridger, HOLDER, R/R STARKE

Res. STARKE, Lawson, HOLDER, Bridger [Fell] 58.3 2-4 15-21

R/R for Poole Paul Starke...Bridger slid off on turn one. "Paul the Pirate" storms off to take an easy win.

Ht.7 Jonsson, Nilsson, SUMMERS, WELLS

Res. Jonsson, Nilsson, WELLS, SUMMERS 59.1 5-1 20-22

Nilsson had to work hard to pass Wells who in turn had done well to split the Hammers in turn one. Pirates cling on to a two point lead.

It's raining

Ht.8 Bridger, Kerr, ELLIS, STARKE

Res. STARKE, Kerr, ELLIS, Bridger [Ret] 59.0 2-4 22-26

Kerr comes in to replace Mear. Poole respond putting Starke in for Wilson-Dean.....Ellis out of shape but recovers as Bridger packs up. Starke Shining like a beacon.

It's still raining and there is a teack grade going on. Peptalk does not understand the logic for this grade

MEETING DELAYED DUE TO RAIN. REFEREE CHRISTINA TURNBULL IS MONITORING THE WEATHER RADAR. RAIN HAS EASED BUT IT IS STILL DRIZZLING.

Meeting continuing....Bikes out for heat nine

Ht.9 R/R Lawson, Kerr, WELLS, STARKE

Res. WELLS, Lawson, Kerr, STARKE [Fell disq] No time 3-3 25-29

R/R for Lakeside Richard Lawson.....Starke locks up and takes an almighty high side. Kerr cannot avoid him and they collide. Race awarded......Starke up and walking back to the pits. Appears ok after his fall

ANOTHER DELAY FOR MORE REMEDIAL TRACK WORK TO TAKE PLACE.

Ht.10 Lawson, Nilsson, HOLDER, ELLIS

Res. HOLDER, Lawson, Nilsson, ELLIS [EF] 59.4 3-3 28-32

Incredible ride by Holder. Looked like he was going down on the first turn but recovered and won by the proverbial mile

Ht.11 Jonsson, R/R Bridger, SUMMERS, R/R HOLDER

Res. HOLDER, Jonsson, Bridger, SUMMERS 58.9 3-3 31-35

R/R for Lakeside Lewis Bridger... R/R for Poole Chris Holder... He is on it tonight. Another brilliant ride from Holder hitting the highline and romping to any easy victory. Summers disappointing

Ht.12 Kerr, Mear, WILSON-DEAN, STARKE

Res. STARKE, Kerr, Mear, WILSON-DEAN 60.4 3-3 34-38

Starke took control. Bradley was there for a while but drifted to the rear as the race evolved.

Ht.13 Jonsson, Nilsson, HOLDER, R/R WELLS

Res. Jonsson, HOLDER, Nilsson, WELLS [rtd] 58.3 4-2 38-40

R/R for Poole Ricky Wells......Holder falls on the first bend. Bunching blamed all four back...Good recovery by Holder who missed the gate. He struck a mighty blow by splitting the Hammers as they hit the back straight. Poole now assured of at least an away point

Ht.14 Lawson, Bridger, STARKE, WELLS

Res. WELLS, STARKE, Bridger, Lawson 59.3 1-5 39-45

Paul Starke replaced Aaron Summers...Brilliant result!. Jon Cook announces "it has been a disgraceful night for us [Lakeside] and slates his team

Ht.15 Nilsson, Jonsson, HOLDER, ELLIS

Res. HOLDER, Jonsson, Nilsson, ELLIS 3-3 42-48

Lakeside take gates 2 and 4....Great ride again by Noddy. A much improved performance from him compared to his last visit to Lakeside last April.

LAKESIDE 0 POINTS....POOLE 3 POINTS

I still maintain the meeting was a FARCE.

After Cook had a dig at supporters for saying this meeting was a joke, I am glad he got his comeuppance.

He thought it would be an easy 3 points by letting this meeting go ahead.

I bet there was a small crowd and I would have gone had it been a proper meeting.

As somebody said earlier,take AJ out of the team and it is a PL team.

EL RIP.

You'd bet wrong regarding the crowd sir/madam and i you had have gone you'd be praising the tremendous work put in by Gerald Richter and Ken Driscoll in particular in keeping the track fit for racing despite two lengthy rain breaks one of circa 15mins and the other of circa 20 mins that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere before the quoted posting of yours. 21 races including six involving the kids from the Academy, the wrong result from the Hammers point of view yes but we got to see track action! I would have responded earlier but, having stupidly forgotten to set my gogglebox to record the Welsh game, I simply had to watch the replays of same until the early hours of this morning and it's taken quite a while, as you'll no doubt appreciate, to trawl through the host on inane and childish comments that largely make up this thread. Those who post those comments denigrate Phil's effort in setting up this site to debate in a reasoned manner, make suggestions and air constructive criticism of the sport I love.

• Like 1

Oh Lilly you do make me laugh!

big whoooosh for you there

At least he gets more likes than you will ever get.

Shovlar gets more likes than me?

all 3 of you get likes from each other its quite sweet really as true fans never like any of your posts

3 points for us. we are not complaining. :party: Yes it shouldn't happen, but sadly thats how the fixtures have panned out. Matt did pick this up in January.

and there it is in a nutshell

Yes you did complain (not you personally). The start of the thread was made up of Poole fans complaining. Like someone had took their bat and ball away and you werent allowed to play.

Then (and yes against the odds) you won. Ah now everythings ok. You got your ball back and your happy to play now. Very very childish from a select few

• Like 1

big whoooosh for you there

Shovlar gets more likes than me?

all 3 of you get likes from each other its quite sweet really as true fans never like any of your posts

Please go away, Go back to your own thread. We are sick of you on here. You are just a sad bitter person.

I've had a read through this thread and I have to say that anyone who seriously suggests that Poole were strengthened by their guests last night is either a complete idiot or the most biased anti-Poole person ever!!!

• Like 6

You'd bet wrong regarding the crowd sir/madam and i you had have gone you'd be praising the tremendous work put in by Gerald Richter and Ken Driscoll in particular in keeping the track fit for racing despite two lengthy rain breaks one of circa 15mins and the other of circa 20 mins that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere before the quoted posting of yours. 21 races including six involving the kids from the Academy, the wrong result from the Hammers point of view yes but we got to see track action! I would have responded earlier but, having stupidly forgotten to set my gogglebox to record the Welsh game, I simply had to watch the replays of same until the early hours of this morning and it's taken quite a while, as you'll no doubt appreciate, to trawl through the host on inane and childish comments that largely make up this thread. Those who post those comments denigrate Phil's effort in setting up this site to debate in a reasoned manner, make suggestions and air constructive criticism of the sport I love.

1) What a shock you should respond like this.

2) I am a Sir (I think?).

3) What was the crowd then ?

4) I would not have gone last night if you paid me,I maintain it was a farce.

5) To criticize Cookie would upset you as you are part of the Club.

6) I did not mention anything about the track.

7) I love the sport also - BUT THIS TYPE OF MEETING JUST DOES IT NO FAVOURS.

p.s.

Well done Wales,fully deserved. :lol:

Kelvin?! I say Kelvin.........!! Anything to say Kelv?? KELLLVYYNN!!! ;-)

Davey Watt is available.................

I've had a read through this thread and I have to say that anyone who seriously suggests that Poole were strengthened by their guests last night is either a complete idiot or the most biased anti-Poole person ever!!!

You couldnt have read the thread properly then as not one person has said Poole were strengthened.

People have said the riders that came in could possibly have done a better job than those that were supposed to have rode.

Starke scored more than Newman would have done. R/R scored a maximum 9/9 before the fourth race. And Wells would have covered Kurtz.

Poole won because they wanted it more and mainly because of the scoring of their own 2 riders Holder and Ellis

Please go away, Go back to your own thread. We are sick of you on here. You are just a sad bitter person.

oh just quickly before i go back to another thread on this open forum just a quick couple of facts.

On this thread my posts were liked by Mdmc82 x2 , Scott1412, Bryn, Vincent Vega, Shads, Tigerite, Chris4gillian. Now thats quite a make up of fans from different clubs and fans with a far more superior knowledge of the sport than yourself.

Oh and Shovlars likes are from Skidder x5, Sharpenrake, Chris4gillian, Piratespiratespirates x3 (strange individual who likes his own posts as well), Starman x3 and Poole Quay x3

So as you can see i get likes from a broad spectrum of fans , those who understand the sport, and Shovlar gets likes from only Poole fans, his little clique of bosom buddies who all like each others posts. (chris4gillian i do not include you in this) its all a bit sad that you only enjoy each others posts.

Maybe one day someone from another club might actually like one of the posts but i doubt it as we are all anti Poole....................or are we all anti idiots

• Like 1

Why should it be any surprise that there are 'likes' for Poole posts, by Poole fans on a Poole thread?

....and that you have actually gone back to count your 'likes' as if it actually justifies your existence?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

With pleasure, I got their about 19:50 and was surprised to see the car park have as many cars as it did, indeed inside the arena there were more people than I thought there would be so from a crowd point of view I don't think it was too bad.

In terms of racing the track did seem quite wet and early on riders were getting a bit filled in, trying build up speed looked hard as the roost was slowing riders behind down, the times of the wins though proved the track has some grip in it though, I don't recall a heap of passing to be honest, maybe a handful of genuine passes at most.

Pirates were often just that bit sharper out of the gates, Starke, Ellis and Holder at least and once the latter was out in front he was gone, best I have seen him ride our place for some time, AJ could not even get near him which you seldom see most weeks when he chasing an opposing rider.

The tale of the tape was just three heat wins for the home side versus 12 for the Pirates, no team will win a match with only three heat winners.

I suspect had Poole been at full strength they would have won more convincingly and certainly this was a wake up call for the Hammers promotion, there is no consistent backup AJ and whilst it will still be a better season than 2015 if they want to be a competitive unit in the play offs, a change or two will probably be required.