British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Poole Friday 1st July

But you never answered the question..

Oh the irony! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You could be lucky tomorrow and get a rain-off... When was the last Double-Header ran in the Elite League??

Id say Belle Vue in 2014 they had a couple then because of rain.

This could be the future of the EL when we leave the EU (if it lasts that long) forigen riders won't want the trouble of coming here and getting paid lower than they do on the continent so we could see more teams like pooles is.

Complete joke that this fixture goes ahead .I can see it from both sides but the bottom line is common sense must come into play!!!!! eeeeer....maybe not,this is speedway,the fans dont matter,the inner circle of speedway works when a couple of people just have an opion to run at all costs,stuff the fans,stuff the sport,stuff everyone,if a couple of people say the meeting is on its on!!!! Dont worry we have mickey mouse and donald duck lined up if anyone else drops out.Just out of interest where are the 2 danes riding on friday night? Please dont tell me Danish league meetings which were run on a semi pro basis a few years ago,now topping any elite league meetings and uk clubs not having a say in the matter!!

Oh dear another moaner from the sidelines who ignores the reality of the situation.

You say "a couple of people have the opinion to run at all costs" . Can you tell us who those two people are and let us have some facts to back up what you say ? No, thought not. Just a dig for a bit of attention. It would help if you read the report in the Bournemouth Echo before sounding off then you would have a few answers.

It is not just the "opinion "of a couple of people. Let's look at the facts:-

Bjarne Pedersen and Hans Andersen are reported to be riding in Denmark. Poole knew Pedersen was not available for this fixture when they signed him. In fact his preference to ride in Denmark on this date was one of the reasons Lakeside didn't sign him in the first place . Why Poole said they were available for the fixture when they must have known Andersen wouldn't be there I do not know. Maybe at that stage they thought they could go with R/r when they still had Dave Watt but either way it's no good Poole complaining about their absence when they should have seen that coming.

Buckowski has a rearranged fixture in Poland and he said stuff Poole I am riding in that one. Not Lakeside's fault he is not coming. In any event, based on past form Poole are better off with Ricky Wells than Buckowski.

Matt Ford is on record as saying in the Bournemouth Echo that every effort has been made to try to move the fixture and he publicly thanked Lakeside for their assistance. Lakeside tried to get other clubs to take the fixture in place of Poole but none of them would, mainly because most have fixtures of their own.

Of course we still hand that big mouthed half wit Muddlo bleating on in Speedwáy Star about it being Lakeside's fault and the meeting shouldn't be run, apparently completely unaware that his boss had already said its not Lakeside's fault. One would think Speedwáy already has enough problems without that fool Muddlo trying to stir up more. The sooner he is out of the sport the better for all concerned,

• Like 2

Oh dear another moaner from the sidelines who ignores the reality of the situation.

You say "a couple of people have the opinion to run at all costs" . Can you tell us who those two people are and let us have some facts to back up what you say ? No, thought not. Just a dig for a bit of attention. It would help if you read the report in the Bournemouth Echo before sounding off then you would have a few answers.

Bjarne Pedersen and Hans Andersen are reported to be riding in Denmark. Poole knew Pedersen was not available for this fixture when they signed him. In fact his preference to ride in Denmark on this date was one of the reasons Lakeside didn't sign him in the first place . Why Poole said they were available for the fixture when they must have known Andersen wouldn't be there I do not know. Maybe at that stage they thought they could go with R/r when they still had Dave Watt but either way it's no good Poole complaining about their absence when they should have seen that coming.

Buckowski has a rearranged fixture in Poland and he said stuff Poole I am riding in that one. Not Lakeside's fault he is not coming. In any event, based on past form Poole are better off with Ricky Wells than Buckowski.

Matt Ford is on record as saying in the Bournemouth Echo that every effort has been made to try to move the fixture and he publicly thanked Lakeside for their assistance. Lakeside tried to get other clubs to take the fixture in place of Poole but none of them would, mainly because most have fixtures of their own.

Of course we still hand that big mouthed half wit Muddlo bleating on in Speedwáy Star about it being Lakeside's fault and the meeting shouldn't be run, apparently completely unaware that his boss had already said its not Lakeside's fault. One would think Speedwáy already has enough problems without that fool Muddlo trying to stir up more. The sooner he is out of the sport the better for all concerned,

Whilst I don't doubt that some fault for the circumstances could be attributed to both clubs the fact remains that this whole situation does nothing for the credibility of the EL, which is at deaths door as it is. As a spectacle it won't attract many Poole fans to attend (if any) and won't attract many passing fans either, so it's likely to be a poor attendance and with Poole basically being pretty weakened it's looking like a big payday for the Lakeside team which then impacts on the wages bill for Jon Cook.

Remind me who wins in this situation.

Rain,rain save us from this FARCE. :drink:

• Like 1

We all know what old man Muddlo is like. His mouth engages before his brain.

Matt Ford has come out publicly and said Lakeside tried to move the date but couldnt.

At the end of the day Poole agreed to the fixture knowing riders wouldnt be free. Tough luck im afraid

Whilst I don't doubt that some fault for the circumstances could be attributed to both clubs the fact remains that this whole situation does nothing for the credibility of the EL, which is at deaths door as it is. As a spectacle it won't attract many Poole fans to attend (if any) and won't attract many passing fans either, so it's likely to be a poor attendance and with Poole basically being pretty weakened it's looking like a big payday for the Lakeside team which then impacts on the wages bill for Jon Cook.

Remind me who wins in this situation.

Nobody wins but what would Lakeside be expected to do.?

They havent had a meeting for ages and there is a cut off date for fixture so if the postpone this then who is to say they would get all their fixtures in.

Lakeside have a huge chance to reach the top 4. Have this meeting with a low attendence but the long term gain of a play off spot outweighs that.

Well, I am still looking forward to it, as it has been ages since the last home match. You can only beat what is infront of you and I will be happy if the boys do that tonight.

Up the Hammers!

• Like 1

this whole situation does nothing for the credibility of the EL, which is at deaths door as it is. As a spectacle it won't attract many Poole fans to attend (if any) and won't attract many passing fans either, so it's likely to be a poor attendance and with Poole basically being pretty weakened it's looking like a big payday for the Lakeside team which then impacts on the wages bill for Jon Cook.n.

That much is not in dispute. Poole usually bring in a big gate of home fans as well as visitors, and it will undoubtedly result in a loss of income for Lakeside. It's not good for the sport as a whole either. But it needs grown up discussion accepting the reality of the fact that the number of GP's and the Continental season is wrecking the already fragile EL. It is getting worse because Polish TV now wants to broadcast speedway mid week and Denmark is going beyond the traditional Thursday only race night.

It would be more helpful if people tried to look at realistic solutions instead of simply screaming farce as if that would change anything.

A bit more maturity from Muddlo when he makes his pontifications in SS wouldn't go amiss but I doubt whether that man will ever change , given his stupid public comments of recent years. Discretion is the better part of valour.

Edited by E I Addio

We all know what old man Muddlo is like. His mouth engages before his brain.

Matt Ford has come out publicly and said Lakeside tried to move the date but couldnt.

At the end of the day Poole agreed to the fixture knowing riders wouldnt be free. Tough luck im afraid

Nobody wins but what would Lakeside be expected to do.?

They havent had a meeting for ages and there is a cut off date for fixture so if the postpone this then who is to say they would get all their fixtures in.

Lakeside have a huge chance to reach the top 4. Have this meeting with a low attendence but the long term gain of a play off spot outweighs that.

Yes I notice you don't moan at Lakeside for not having a fixture for ages! Hmmm...

Lakeside tried to move the fixture for Poole which is a lot more than what Coventry did! We will just have to get on with it and scoring 40 will be like winning, just without the points!!! :D

Yes I notice you don't moan at Lakeside for not having a fixture for ages! Hmmm...

Lakeside tried to move the fixture for Poole which is a lot more than what Coventry did! We will just have to get on with it and scoring 40 will be like winning, just without the points!!! :D

I remember the days when away from home if we hit 30 pts we called it a win 😂
  • Like 1

Cook was dismissive of online critics, including supporters of both sides, who argued staging the fixture would be bad for speedway.

“I don’t care for the opinions of the few people that pour scorn on our sport at every single opportunity and I don’t take any notice of them,”

“It is what that element do which is why I have no time for them or their opinions. I stay blissfully ignorant to all of that.”

And that right there is why the promoters are failing miserably to pull this sport out of the deep deep grave it has worked so hard to dig for itself. There is a stark difference between blissfully ignorant and pig-ignorant Mr Cook.

• Like 4

The heavens are trying - Lots of rain this morning and now showers.

Plus it's cold, so it will be freezing over there.

Edited by KevtheRev

Not enough showers to call it off. Normally I would getting ready to leave but have no incentive whatsoever to waste time and money on a meeting thats going to be a one sided thrashing. Lakeside fans won't even get proper bragging rights in this shambles of a meeting.

57-33ish

Not enough showers to call it off. Normally I would getting ready to leave but have no incentive whatsoever to waste time and money on a meeting thats going to be a one sided thrashing. Lakeside fans won't even get proper bragging rights in this shambles of a meeting.

57-33ish

Never understand why teams want 'bragging rights' surely the fact that Lakeside will or possibly should take all the points is the only important issue.

I have a friend who supports Spurs and he lives and breathes for their results against Arsenal (and West Ham). He openly taunts us if Spurs beat said team but then come the end of the season they are always behind Arsenal!!

Would you be bragging if Poole win at Lakeside (full strength or not) but then ultimatly dont make the top 4? One match means nothing in the context of the whole season.