British Speedway Forum
Gresham

Things You Miss In Speedway...

A big miss is people all trying to work out how the tactical substitiutes would pan out over the next few heats and how the losing side could get the best out of them.

Speedway lost a lot when it got rid of the tactical subs. They made the same mistake that many people make - thinking that it was just about 4 blokes on bikes without brakes.

• Like 5

Charlie Ochiltree

Johnnie Hoskins.

Speed way should look at ice hockey to see how they connect, the windon Wildcats play in front of increasing crowds, good value for money and fan involvement as opposed to those motor cycling robins up on blunsdon hill.

Agree with that. Only been to Cardiff to see the devils but the crowd interaction after a game makes speedway laughable. We wondered why everyone was waiting after the game, soon found out!

I miss the days when Shadders was the Wizard of Shadwell. Does anyone know how often he uses that whistle that he carries around his neck?

A big miss is people all trying to work out how the tactical substitiutes would pan out over the next few heats and how the losing side could get the best out of them.

Speedway lost a lot when it got rid of the tactical subs. They made the same mistake that many people make - thinking that it was just about 4 blokes on bikes without brakes.

You are so right. Speedway matches lost a lot of interest when the old tac subs were replaced. The spoils of a match are more predictable with the double bubble thingy. Speedway is more than racing, four blokes.. just my opinion - and grachan's.

• Like 1

You are so right. Speedway matches lost a lot of interest when the old tac subs were replaced. The spoils of a match are more predictable with the double bubble thingy. Speedway is more than racing, four blokes.. just my opinion - and grachan's.

........................ and mine. :t:

• Like 1

........................ and mine. :t:

No it isn't your view, so don't try and jump on the bandwagon.

People are voicing their APPROVAL of the old tactical substitution rules. Something you have told us you disapproved of.

• Like 2

No it isn't your view, so don't try and jump on the bandwagon.

People are voicing their APPROVAL of the old tactical substitution rules. Something you have told us you disapproved of.

Quite!! :t:

I do disapprove - but - better than Double Points though - yes? :t:

Or - am I wrong?

No bandwagon jumping from me.

Would you like to try again? :rolleyes::)

• Like 1

You would have thought TWK would say "Going" to the speedway. :lol::cheers:

OK, OK. You got me. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pretty sure I saw a women in Manchester tonight with an old fashioned football rattle. Who says speedway is stuck in the past. Well done I say, just hope she's not sitting next to me at the World Cup in a few weeks time,

• Like 1

Pretty sure I saw a women in Manchester tonight with an old fashioned football rattle. Who says speedway is stuck in the past. Well done I say, just hope she's not sitting next to me at the World Cup in a few weeks time,

Security will no doubt confiscate it for potentially being a weapon.