British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Premier League Knock Out Cup Monday 11th July At 7.30pm

The bad weather has pushed the 2nd leg of the KO Cup back to Monday at 7.30pm. Hopefully this time the match will take place. :neutral: Newcastle start 10 points adrift from the first leg as the result at Scunthorpe was 50-40 to the Scorpions.

I am listing the teams but don't hold your breathe we may be looking at guests/r/r?

Newcastle

1. Steve Worrall (New number 1 and with Robert Lambert in the side Steve is doing very well to average more than "Ruthless")

2. Viktor Palovaara

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren (cap)

5. Robert Lambert

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Philips

Scunthorpe

1. Ryan Douglas
2. Carl Wilkinson
3. Alex Davies
4. Lewis Kerr
5. Josh Auty
6. Michael Palm Toft
7. Josh Bailey

If you know of any team changes to the line ups shown above please let us know.
It will be interesting to see Ryan Douglas ride as he is going well. Alex Davies usually does well. The Scorpions have a sting in their tail in Michael Palm Toft. Josh Auty is capable of denting Newcastle Riders maximum hopes and what about ex diamonds Carl and Lewis? I can see Newcastle winning but they have to do it by 11 points or more.
I expect a close match with the 10 point deficit being all important. The Diamonds need a good cup run and we should just have too much power at home for the Scorpions.
Mondays at 7.30pm were very much the rule for us older fans but now I don't like them I prefer Sundays at 6.30pm
Looking forward to this one

Lambert & Rose not there for starters.

Coty Garcia for Lewis.

Its a blow to be going into this important fixture without riders we can normally rely upon. If Coty Garcia comes in for Lewis Rose we can expect to lose about 6 or 7 points. No disrespect to Garcia as Lewis is becoming a force to be reckoned with at Brough and would likley score 9 or 10 points (A conservative estimate) from his reserve slot.

We wait for news of Robert Lamberts guest replacement but how do you replace a lad who is likely to score 14 or 15 points?

Does anyone know anything about Tero Aarnio, have we seen the last of the Finn? I know we signed Viktor to take his place, due to Teros injury but I thought it was a temporary thing. Anyone know if he will come back?

Its a blow to be going into this important fixture without riders we can normally rely upon. If Coty Garcia comes in for Lewis Rose we can expect to lose about 6 or 7 points. No disrespect to Garcia as Lewis is becoming a force to be reckoned with at Brough and would likley score 9 or 10 points (A conservative estimate) from his reserve slot.

We wait for news of Robert Lamberts guest replacement but how do you replace a lad who is likely to score 14 or 15 points?

Does anyone know anything about Tero Aarnio, have we seen the last of the Finn? I know we signed Viktor to take his place, due to Teros injury but I thought it was a temporary thing. Anyone know if he will come back?

Surely it's R/R for Lambert...he's not at number 1?!
  • Like 1

would think r/r would suffice for this match,,,

Victor has been kitted out with new kevlars, so maybe someone else is in for the chop, if Tero returns ??? ;)

would think r/r would suffice for this match,,,

Victor has been kitted out with new kevlars, so maybe someone else is in for the chop, if Tero returns ??? ;)

My opinion was that Viktor was a replacement for Tero whilst injured, and that period was expected to be mid term. If Viktor continues to improve, I see him being kept on and I don't think Tero is a suitable replacement for anybody else in out side, especially with Lewis riding so well. I can only see Tero returning if we get injuries.

Surely it's R/R for Lambert...he's not at number 1?!

Guest allowed (or R/R if the club wants to go that route). He's riding for his EL club, so rule is a guest is allowed.

Guest allowed (or R/R if the club wants to go that route). He's riding for his EL club, so rule is a guest is allowed.

I do apologise, I thought that if only 1 of top 5 not including no.1 was injured that it was R/R, as per Seb Alden and Berwick's case

I do apologise, I thought that if only 1 of top 5 not including no.1 was injured that it was R/R, as per Seb Alden and Berwick's case

No problem. With all the rule changes (most of which they don't tell you about!), I was unsure too, which is why I asked George English on Sunday if we were allowed a guest or not!

• Like 1

Richie surely.

I couldn't possibly comment.

According to today's speedway star it says Richie Worrall and Fernando Garcia will be guesting for Robert Lambert and Lewis Rose.

Also 17th July will be against Sheffield in the PL if we don't qualify through to the next round and 14th August will be a blank date.

I know I am the worlds worst cynic but if it is Richie that would mean 2 Glasgow guests and at end of day would Glasgow rather have Newcastle or Scunthorpe left in the cup. I know riders get paid per point when they race but the Glasgow promotion do have quite a lot of money... Wink wink

• Like 1

I know I am the worlds worst cynic but if it is Richie that would mean 2 Glasgow guests and at end of day would Glasgow rather have Newcastle or Scunthorpe left in the cup. I know riders get paid per point when they race but the Glasgow promotion do have quite a lot of money... Wink wink

Catch 22 Newcastle bigger away support, Scunny (arguably) easier tie!