British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 13/7/16 Elite Lge B

I seem to remember them changing it a year ago? I'm sure I read somewhere that you had to protest before a meeting started.

Does it really matter?

Poole were not allowed a facility for Adam Ellis, as per the rules. It's not a grey area, not something where it can be interpreted one way or another. It's very clear.

The only reason this occurred is because Ford thought he could bully his way into it being accepted under the old 'best interests of the sport'. It's precisely this sort of thing that needs stamping out of the sport. Rules are rules and ALL teams should abide by them.

The onus should be on the club to ensure they are tracking a legal team.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

I seem to remember them changing it a year ago? I'm sure I read somewhere that you had to protest before a meeting started.

Don't really know if it has been changed but if the rules are we were not entitled to a facility then there is no issue. It didn't change the result and even if it had i don't see what leg we had to stand on.

• Like 1

I know it doesn't really matter but Bwitcher said about protesting after the meeting. I didn't think you could do that unless the rules have changed this year that you can.

Dust flying in heat 5

The dust was flying on the parade lap!! let alone heats 1-4!!!

• Like 2

I read in a newspaper that Poole are investigating claims that a member of Lewis Kerr's pit crew assaulted Bjarne Pedersen. Any truth in this?

I read in a newspaper that Poole are investigating claims that a member of Lewis Kerr's pit crew assaulted Bjarne Pedersen. Any truth in this?

Really which newspaper?

All I can find is this but nothing else on a google search

Poole probe rider 'assault'. Daily Mirror - 2016-07-16 - CITYDESK -. CHAMPIONS Poole areinvestigating claims that a Lakeside mechanic assaulted their Danish star Bjarne Pedersen on Wednesday. The Pirates will study CCTV footage to see if the incident involving one of Lewis Kerr's pit crew is on film. Boss Neil ...

This happened as Bjarne was going back to the pits after the Kerr crash (with which he was not involved). One of Kerr's mechanics had a go at Bjarne, mistakingly thinking it was Paul Starke, I believe!!

Reportedly Jon Cook also shouted some obscenities but things were calmed down when Tatum stepped in, got the actual facts, told the mechanic that his behaviour was unacceptable, and also apologised I gather.

This happened as Bjarne was going back to the pits after the Kerr crash (with which he was not involved). One of Kerr's mechanics had a go at Bjarne, mistakingly thinking it was Paul Starke, I believe!!

Reportedly Jon Cook also shouted some obscenities but things were calmed down when Tatum stepped in, got the actual facts, told the mechanic that his behaviour was unacceptable, and also apologised I gather.

Ah thanks for confirming so a lot of nothing really just tempers rose

Well MF and Middlo are seeking CCTV/DVD footage to see the extent of the attack and to see whether an official protest should be lodged?!

Very interesting article/explanation of the Charles Wright 'non-facility' in this week's SS!!!!

Do tell...

Matt Ford and I quote " often promoters and members of the MC phone and ask me what the rules are. I know what the rules are and I know I haven`t broken one " :lol:

It was only the other year for using an illegal guest at Peterborough that he said that he wasn`t at the conference and didn`t know the rule had changed !!!!!

• Like 1