British Speedway Forum

Nicely side stepped.... I hear the Labour Party have an opening for someone who can do that :P

i could never be a politician i would swear live on tv all the time.. i say things how they are and never really in the heat of the moment think before i do things.. but thats me.. shoot me.. all part of being an ex royal marine.. alwasy act on impulse.

his sponsors will never pull from him because of that they may reconsider next year but i doubt it.. but where one leaves there are plenty of others in the wings.. but they dont sponsor him for his charm and perfectionist attitude they sponsor him because of the exposure they get while their name in on his kevlars etc.. which is all sponsors are there for..

I gather he wanted a hefty fee to ride in the British final and didn't get his way so he said arrogantly he will give someone else a chance this year even though he was very lucky to win it the year before.

here we go again.. you are really boring a lot of people on here.. isnt it medication time yet ??

• Like 1

his sponsors will never pull from him because of that they may reconsider next year but i doubt it.. but where one leaves there are plenty of others in the wings.. but they dont sponsor him for his charm and perfectionist attitude they sponsor him because of the exposure they get while their name in on his kevlars etc.. which is all sponsors are there for..

Wasn't actually talking about his existing sponsors :wink:

Looking at the bigger picture for the sport as well as himself I was thinking more along the lines of Easyjet (he must use them), banks, phone companies etc. Companies which are much bigger than Monster etc and who no doubt have a list of celebs that they pick from to give hospitality to at events (such as Cardiff) which in turn leads to publicity for the sport.

Wasn't actually talking about his existing sponsors :wink:

Looking at the bigger picture for the sport as well as himself I was thinking more along the lines of Easyjet (he must use them), banks, phone companies etc. Companies which are much bigger than Monster etc and who no doubt have a list of celebs that they pick from to give hospitality to at events (such as Cardiff) which in turn leads to publicity for the sport.

a large company in the UK are in final stages of sponsoring him for a 6 figure sum.. for next year.. and the M.D loved what he saw and heard on Saturday and this company turns over 100's of millions a year...

Edited by Dazzafl

a large company in the UK are in final stages of sponsoring him for a 6 figure sum.. for next year.. and the M.D loved what he saw and heard on Saturday and this company turns over 100's of millions a year...

OK thanks for answering :approve: .

See folks it is possible to have a reasonable discussion with no name calling by two people on opposite sides of a debate :wink:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Had Andy Murray let forth with the F word after winning Wimbledon, he would have been jumped on pretty quickly and the backlash would have been significant.

It is quite obvious that Woffinden is swearing in a quite calculated and deliberate manner in order to promote himself as some kind of a jack the lad, bad boy.

Unfortunately, it is quite clear that Woffiden's strategy, admittedly embraced by many, to promote speedway as an adrenalin fueled, 'cool' youth sport with its participants covered in tattoos and piercings, is not working.

GP's aside, the terraces are empty.

The 'young' are not pouring through the turnstiles in any significant numbers.

Maybe us oldies are simply out of touch with modern times but at least we've got a hell of a past to look back on.

It is difficult to be optimistic about the future, at grass roots level at least, and it gives me no pleasure at all to say that.

• Like 5

Andy Murray is worth around 60m with his 2nd Wimbledon success reportedly about to double his fortune. I would suggest Wuffy Wuffy Wuffy is a few quid short of that. I wonder why.

• Like 1

Had Andy Murray let forth with the F word after winning Wimbledon, he would have been jumped on pretty quickly and the backlash would have been significant.

It is quite obvious that Woffinden is swearing in a quite calculated and deliberate manner in order to promote himself as some kind of a jack the lad, bad boy.

Unfortunately, it is quite clear that Woffiden's strategy, admittedly embraced by many, to promote speedway as an adrenalin fueled, 'cool' youth sport with its participants covered in tattoos and piercings, is not working.

Maybe us oldies are simply out of touch with modern times but at least we've got a hell of a past to look back on.

It is difficult to be optimistic about the future, at grass roots level at least, and it gives me no pleasure at all to say

i dont think the stadiums he rides in are struggling for fans to sit on the terraces..

and this wasnt a calculated swear word at all i would like to see proof that it was..

and i also dont think his swear word will cause mass people to flee stadiums around the UK either... were you part of the remain campaign

OK thanks for answering :approve: .

See folks it is possible to have a reasonable discussion with no name calling by two people on opposite sides of a debate :wink:

and i only know this as i am kind of brokering the deal its with an old employer of mine.. his commitments after the money being handed over are quite a lot though.. and will take up some of his spare time as well.. branch openings..etc.. photo shoots etc..

You said the opposite when Ward turned up drunk at a GP

Did i, but im sure you have proof of that ? ALL speedway riders are in the public eye, and should be professional in that respect.

Maybe you missed it but the GPs are thriving, British Speedway is not. Woffy is in the GPs, he's not in the British league. That suggests he IS working.

How can you preach about the good old days when terraces were full and then claim some moral high ground re a rider swearing. :lol:

This generation of riders is incredibly tame, if anything they are too bland and boring

Edited by The Mockingjay

Has Tai our most successful speedway rider in recent times ever been mentioned let alone nominated on BBC SPOTY?

• Like 2

Has Tai our most successful speedway rider in recent times ever been mentioned let alone nominated on BBC SPOTY?

That choice of vocabulary won't help his chances of it ever happening.

Pmsl Speedway is a minority sport no one cares about other than the old die hards