British Speedway Forum

I really am getting worried about Tai's attitude. He seems to be moving past healthy confidence into arrogance. Swearing in interviews isn't exactly a major crime but it isn't the wisest of choices. It may impress the 'kids' but it will repel many others and probably sponsors. There are more intelligent ways of taking on 'the establishment' and being a rebel.

It's all fine while things are going well but it could backfire on him when things start going wrong. Still, he's young, British and the World Champion. I just wish I could warm to him.

Hopefully it's just a phase.

That's what we say about unruly teenagers. Tai is nearly 26.

• Like 1

But he's warped my 13 year old son's fragile mind.....

(Probably)....

etc etc etc.......

I was watching with my 7 year old daughter but I'm sure that's fine with you, maybe you use that kind of language in front of your kids but I'm not too keen on encouraging mine

• Like 4

Maybe he his naturally arrogant, as a result perhaps pig ignorant, and after years of cleaning up his act and becoming a top class speedway rider, he is suddenly reverting to type because he no longer sees the need to act otherwise.

I once asked my two kids not to swear in the house. They asked me why?

I said 'out on the streets it can be a sewer, when you come into your home you can get away from the sewer. If you bring the sewer in to your home then there is no escape. I noticed after that neither of them swore in the house anymore.

• Like 5

I don't condone bad language and I don't think that it is right.

But to lay firmly at Tai's feet is wrong, its not just Tai there are plenty of other riders who do it as well.

Maybe it is time to start fining riders or docking points for ungentlemanly behaviour.

I don't condone bad language and I don't think that it is right.

But to lay firmly at Tai's feet is wrong, its not just Tai there are plenty of other riders who do it as well.

Maybe it is time to start fining riders or docking points for ungentlemanly behaviour.

Its both wrong but there is a major difference when riders caught swearing in the pits and swearing straight into the camera trying to look cool.

• Like 6

Love the way you can all sit in your front room and pass judgement.. adrenaline the fact he has just finished a race and the cheers from the crowds.. lack of thought yeah but give the guy a break.. I think we should do the interviews after the presentation.. let them come down a bit. Heard loads of swearing at sports events.. jesus if you go to watch football you hear it from the stands for 90 minutes you dont then stop and tell them then.. and loads of kids attend them.. yes swearing isn't great but it's really part of life and if you think your children will do it because tai did then I suggest you speak to your kids more.. I respect your opinions guys but swearing is a part of life.. it's not brilliant but we shouldn't shield kids too much from it just teach them it isnt right

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 5

That's what we say about unruly teenagers. Tai is nearly 26.

I'm just hoping he'll see sense after a while.

Many musicians, later in life, talk about how success went to their heads and how they were impossible until they realised how stupid they'd been. They weren't teenagers at the time. A bit of fame can do a lot of damage.

Love the way you can all sit in your front room and pass judgement.. adrenaline the fact he has just finished a race and the cheers from the crowds.. lack of thought yeah but give the guy a break..

Plenty of sportsmen and women interviewed when pumped full of adrenaline manage to keep their dignity and avoid swearing. I don't sit in judgement, I'm just concerned that he is at risk of blowing his own reputation and that of the sport with people of influence and could help the sport but will be repelled by such stupidity.

Yes, swearing is everywhere, but there are times when it's boneheaded to use it, especially if it offends sponsors - well those that aren't selling that ignorant lifestyle.

I want the World Champion to represent the sport in a positive light. Okay plenty others can't be bothered. They tend not to be the people with influence who can help the sport though.

It just comes down to showing a little class and dignity.

Edited by rmc

I'm just hoping he'll see sense after a while.

Many musicians, later in life, talk about how success went to their heads and how they were impossible until they realised how stupid they'd been. They weren't teenagers at the time. A bit of fame can do a lot of damage.

Plenty of sportsmen and women interviewed when pumped full of adrenaline manage to keep their dignity and avoid swearing. I don't sit in judgement, I'm just concerned that he is at risk of blowing his own reputation and that of the sport with people of influence and could help the sport but will be repelled by such stupidity.

Yes, swearing is everywhere, but there are times when it's boneheaded to use it, especially if it offends sponsors - well those that aren't selling that ignorant lifestyle.

I want the World Champion to represent the sport in a positive light. Okay plenty others can't be bothered. They tend not to be the people with influence who can help the sport though.

It just comes down to showing a little class and dignity.

I do tend to agree..

Next people will be saying my child want to stretch their ears and have a body full of tattoos..

Yes what he did was wrong but to judge him solely on that is a bit harsh he doesn't give a lot of TV interviews really.. so it's down to experience and I am sure his sponsors love being on a world champion.. Hancock has been around the block and has calmed down and is older.. young into the sport and been around a lot of hot headed people I guess calm on his bike in- experienced at TV interviews.. I am sure sue will give him a clip around the ear for that anyway.

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

Thereare more important things in life to worry about.

I bet if you play his last interview backwards it says "worship Satan" or something.

Personally, I'm more concerned about his ears.

• Like 3

Lot of them swear polish riders too(in polish) but you should control yourself while on camera.

• Like 1

Love the way you can all sit in your front room and pass judgement.. adrenaline the fact he has just finished a race and the cheers from the crowds.. lack of thought yeah but give the guy a break.. I think we should do the interviews after the presentation.. let them come down a bit. Heard loads of swearing at sports events.. jesus if you go to watch football you hear it from the stands for 90 minutes you dont then stop and tell them then.. and loads of kids attend them.. yes swearing isn't great but it's really part of life and if you think your children will do it because tai did then I suggest you speak to your kids more.. I respect your opinions guys but swearing is a part of life.. it's not brilliant but we shouldn't shield kids too much from it just teach them it isnt right

He simply can't do anything wrong in your eyes can he ?

Iversen swears on live TV, Pedersen is worse, kildemand even worse.

It's like it's sommat new.

Haters gotta hate.

Lovers gonna love

Hey Dazzafl,should count ourselves lucky that so far that robert72 has yet to make his feelings known!!

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 2

Hey Dazzafl,should count ourselves lucky that so far robert72 has yet to make his feelings known!!

He will.

• Like 1

Love the way you can all sit in your front room and pass judgement.. adrenaline the fact he has just finished a race and the cheers from the crowds.. lack of thought yeah but give the guy a break..

How many breaks? It's not the first time he's done it. It's like a child testing the boundaries of right and wrong.

• Like 2