British Speedway Forum

Completely agree.

The pinnacle of our sport is more than half empty.

Imagine the Champions League Final or Silverstone having thousands of empty seats.

You're clearly a wind up merchant judging by some of your posts. But imagine holding it at a full traditional stadium... it's just not the same. Provided they get enough people to make it pay then it doesn't matter if 30k there or 60k, surely? Or does that not fit your moaning agenda?

You're clearly a wind up merchant judging by some of your posts. But imagine holding it at a full traditional stadium... it's just not the same. Provided they get enough people to make it pay then it doesn't matter if 30k there or 60k, surely? Or does that not fit your moaning agenda?

I'm not a moaner, I'm just being realistic.

Certain acts/events draw certain crowds and stages should be allocated suitably.

Glastonbury is an example of this, they put Jeremy Corbyn on the Pyramid stage as he drew over 200,000 people to watch him. A less popular act would have been on the other stage.

25,000 in a full stadium looks a lot better than 35,000 in a half empty stadium, it's all about image to the punter watching at home.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

There are numerous emotional discussions, shared opinions and scraps on this forum. All's fair in love and war. Unfortunately you get the odd sad multi alias freak on a fetish wind up. The best response is no response.

First time back after a 3 year rest = I fokin loved it :approve:

2 newbies with me too who really enjoyed it

• Like 3

The extra bag searching was because it was the 22nd of the mouth, I'm sure you know why that is significant, The capacity of the Statium is 75000, on that basis there was no more than 25000 there yesterday, I've only missed 2 meetings at Cardiff, and without doubt yesterday was the worst by far,very sad

​If your calculations/estimate is correct Argos, that indicates there were fewer spectators at the Cardiff Speedway GP yesterday than watched today's World Cricket Women's Cup match between England and India at Lord's. There is a 27,000 attendance claimed for the match.

Edited by Guest

Woffinden didn't get as big cheers as in recent seasons though. Personally I think he's allowed himself to get a bit distracted by the dispute with the BSPA

He had the biggest cheers all night.

what a ridiculous thing to say... there's nothing more tedious than sitting near a drunk person at a sporting event, if you want to get hammered go to the pub... or better still stay at home!

can't seem to conduct an interview without swearing... the media loves that

Funny that, interviewed in the main newspapers and several times on TV leading up to and during the evening and not one swear word.

The media clearly only want to talk to him, not even the reigning champion.

Thank god we have someone like Woffy trying to bring our sport some proper press.

• Like 2

i thought the rider introductions was a bit strange with them all riding out in the dark, with some riders getting called straight into the middle, others being sent round for a lap.

I enjoyed the fire entertainment, that's the sort of stuff I like anyway, and thought it worked well, never really seen the need for paying out big money on pre-meeting entertainment of x-factor losers or whatever when there's very few inside at that time to see it anyway.

• Like 1

I thought cookie was more competitive this year than previous but points return this year wasn't as good. Heard yesterday that he had dropped PJR and was on another riders engine not sure who though.

just looking through my pictures and it's Flemming Graversen, also rode PJR too though

Edited by stevehone

£10 for lunch?

You're so out of touch.

A single mum has £30-£40 to spend for a week's supply of groceries.

Withdraw your remark about scroungers, I found it offensive.

luckily you don't buy soap so you save money there

Doyle gets away with touching the tapes in the final, https://youtu.be/MN6_Mu9-FRs?t=8612 look at the angle from above and you can see the bottom of the tapes move forward.

In slow motion yes he did touch the bottom tape.

I suppose that is a similar view the ref would have and he does have access to slow motion repeats?

If thats the case he should have picked up it.

I took the opportunity to look at a number of races again, particularly heat 4 when Zagar was brilliant (just wish he could produce that consistently), and heat 11 - the race of the night and maybe the GP year.

Do wish they would not open the pit gates when there has been a false start - no need for it, and interrupts the flow of the meeting to its detriment.

Re the BT commentators, Levin and Pearson. I know more then a few get annoyed with their excitement, but I find it ok. Its talked about on BSF how the Polish crowd add to the excitement of the meeting, and things would be more drab if they quietened down. Same goes with the commentating by Kelvin and Pearson.

I remember very well the 1967 world final at Wembley, the night Ove Fundin won his 5th world title. The gang I was with couldnt contain ourselves with excitement in the stands, and if I had been commentating that night that would have come over just like Kelvin and Pearson do. Excitement breeds excitement - obviously not on BSF.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a safe standing area introduced for Cardiff.

And when it gets cold you can all huddle around an oil drum bonfire. Maybe the fans can show their support for their favourite riders by making cardboard placards and hold them up on big sticks?

Guest GiveusaB

Really enjoyed the racing and the atmosphere outside the stadium,was buzzing as usual.

The only thing that spoilt it for me was the 'rut' on the 3rd/4th bend, which cost Woffy his semi final place and nearly caused another injury to Doyle!

Cant believe the Hotel prices already for 2018....greedy bast#rds.....taking the p#ss !!! No wonder there are fewer seats sold ???

Really enjoyed the racing and the atmosphere outside the stadium,was buzzing as usual.

The only thing that spoilt it for me was the 'rut' on the 3rd/4th bend, which cost Woffy his semi final place and nearly caused another injury to Doyle!

Cant believe the Hotel prices already for 2018....greedy bast#rds.....taking the p#ss !!! No wonder there are fewer seats sold ???

If nobody bought them they'd put them down but folk do....

I'm not a moaner, I'm just being realistic.

Certain acts/events draw certain crowds and stages should be allocated suitably.

Glastonbury is an example of this, they put Jeremy Corbyn on the Pyramid stage as he drew over 200,000 people to watch him. A less popular act would have been on the other stage.

25,000 in a full stadium looks a lot better than 35,000 in a half empty stadium, it's all about image to the punter watching at home.

I think you've sussed it. Book Jeremy Corbyn for Cardiff 2018. Just before the election :lol: