British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Scunthorpe Pl - Tuesday 12th July

Rye House knew what they were doing letting him move on

From 64-26 to 44-46 in a couple of months well done Scunny shame on you Panthers

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Has the mad need to get Cookie actually weakened the Panthers?

Get rid of the Danes and get some good Aussies in next season

• Like 2

Popping round the start gate is hardly riding across the grass...its a stupid rule..

I pay to watch 4 riders race and they should be given every chance to do that

If it isn't riding on the grass, what was the green stuff I saw him ride over to get to the start gate? Oh and you still saw 4 riders.
  • Like 1

Has the mad need to get Cookie actually weakened the Panthers?

Im a big fan of Craig Cook, but had he rode to his average tonight the score would have been reversed 46-44 at worst

Well done scunny on a deserved win..for us Cook was superb but always seems crap in heat 1, Ostergaard was absolutely ringing the neck our of his average motor!Couldn't ask for more other than some faster gear, Morris looked pretty decent, Stokes did OK, Grondal average, Perry a shadow of his former self and NBJ hasn't impressed me one bit all season. All in all we suddenly hava weak team...for them they all looked good apart from Kerr who's always seems to have a disaster at the showground..Don't know where we go from here.. How many changes can you make!?... Also why didn't they water the track later on?..played right into MPT's hands..should've known better and a good manager would have avoided it....I'll end on a positive though..heat 15...thats what its all about!

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Im a big fan of Craig Cook, but had he rode to his average tonight the score would have been reversed 46-44 at worst

An what if Kerr had rode to his average?

If it isn't riding on the grass, what was the green stuff I saw him ride over to get to the start gate? Oh and you still saw 4 riders.

I meant riding across the centre green..nipping around the start gate is different....its common sense
  • Like 1

Well done to Palm-Toft.

I think he will have great satisfaction inside after he a little harshly made way.

• Like 1

Haven't worked that out but I assume it's a win again for PB..,,suppose my point was it's alot of expectation on one rider when they use uch a chunk of the points.

Edited by damosuzuki

I meant riding across the centre green..nipping around the start gate is different....its common sense

Of course it is. Cutting across the centre green does and can be dangerous under some circumstances, hence the reason for the rule. Normally with the new rule this year, I have noticed more start line staff are holding up the tapes with say a rake to allow the late rider to duck under them, spin around and make the 2 mins. It doesn't appear to have been done in this Kerr incident, so he did the common sense thing of creeping around the inner start pole. If any photographers or medical staff are that close, they are in breach of the 2 or 4 metre rule of personal from the inner kerb. Seems like some are moaning for the sake of it, again. Wonder what the reaction would have been if Kerr had been excluded, probably the same folks would complain about officialdom being nitpicking(and not using 'common sense').

• Like 1

Cooks average 10.41 he got 11+1 (10+1 from his 4 programmed rides) am I missing something?

You can't rely on Cook to pull you out the doo dah by getting a max week in week out.

Edited by Fozzie4388

Cooks average 10.41 he got 11+1 am I missing something?

You can't rely on Cook to pull you out the doo dah by getting a max week in week out.

10.41 is for four heats - he rode 5.

agree with the second point - I am a big Cook fan, would love hime in my team but can a team afford 10 points on one rider (which was the original point I was answering)? I'm not sure at all either way tbh.

Oh Dear..................................

Oh Dear.................................

OH DEAR ....................................

:oops:

:oops:

Cooks average 10.41 he got 11+1 (10+1 from his 4 programmed rides) am I missing something?

Simpler than thta - average doesn't include bonus and doesn't differentiate between programmed 4 rides and any others - so it;s 11/5*4. Anyway I'mderailing the thread - amazing win for Scunthorpe again.

• Like 1