British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside V Wolves Friday 15th July

Surprised there is no thread yet. Lakeside hope to have Kennett back whilst use RR for Lawson who is on PL duty. Similarly, Wolves use RR for Masters and guest, Schlein, for the injured Kylmakorpi. Preview on Hammers website:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-v-wolves-meeting-preview/

Surprised there is no thread yet. Lakeside hope to have Kennett back whilst use RR for Lawson who is on PL duty. Similarly, Wolves use RR for Masters and guest, Schlein, for the injured Kylmakorpi. Preview on Hammers website:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-v-wolves-meeting-preview/

Lawson and Nilsson are on exactly the same average. Does this mean Lawsons rides are taken by Nilsson and those lower or can AJ take a ride ?

Wolves look weak on paper but they are not top of the league for nothing and are nearly always formidable at Lakeside especially when Freddie is on form so coukd be a tough one.

Rory has always been popular at Lakeside and is assured of a warm reception from the fans, but whether he has fully recovered from his early season injuries remains to be seen. Good to see him back though. Fred, Rory and PK, three of my favourite riders, and I was impressed by Max Clegg on his last visit so looking forward to this.

Lawson and Nilsson are on exactly the same average. Does this mean Lawsons rides are taken by Nilsson and those lower or can AJ take a ride ?

Wolves look weak on paper but they are not top of the league for nothing and are nearly always formidable at Lakeside especially when Freddie is on form so coukd be a tough one.

Rory has always been popular at Lakeside and is assured of a warm reception from the fans, but whether he has fully recovered from his early season injuries remains to be seen. Good to see him back though. Fred, Rory and PK, three of my favourite riders, and I was impressed by Max Clegg on his last visit so looking forward to this.

Kim's average is minutely higher by the third decimal point meaning AJ is ineligible.

Kim's average is minutely higher by the third decimal point meaning AJ is ineligible.

So, Lawsons rides to be taken by Kim, Ed, Lewis, who can all do the same sort of job but his other ride to be taken by a reserve which will be a lot weaker. Hope Ed's ear infection is full recovered and his balance is not affected.

Wolves don't really miss out by having R/R for Masters because he was all over the place last time. A lot depends on Rory guesting for Kylmakorpi. Joonas has usually managed to pull off at least one or two race wins in most of his visits over the last few years. Rory likes the track and is more than capable of doing as well if not better than Kylmo, but having said that, his form at Lakeside in the last couple of years is not what it used to be 4 or 5 years ago.

Hammers should have enough in the tank to get home, but Wolves are always a tough nut to crack at Lakeside and can't be written off by any means. A Wolves win is a realistic possibility although the odds are probably against it.

Decimal points aside, Nilsson is declared as 2nd in the Hammers averages with Lawson 3rd so no way would AJ be allowed an r/r ride. Similarly at Poole on Wednesday Kim was not allowed an r/r ride for Eddie!!

Missing Sam is a huge blow although he struggled last time he has been rock solid consistent all season.

Rory as a guest is a big gamble giving how tentative he was on his comeback so I'm not expecting too much although as a guest in the past he has always given us 110%.

Can't see us getting anything from this and rr for the Hammers is less of blow than Masters given that they can replace with good home track riders.

52-41

Missing Sam is a huge blow although he struggled last time he has been rock solid consistent all season.

Rory as a guest is a big gamble giving how tentative he was on his comeback so I'm not expecting too much although as a guest in the past he has always given us 110%.

Can't see us getting anything from this and rr for the Hammers is less of blow than Masters given that they can replace with good home track riders.

52-41

If Poole can go there with a depleted side, then this should be a walk in the park for the Wolves... :P

If Poole can go there with a depleted side, then this should be a walk in the park for the Wolves... :P

We need to book more average PL riders and replace the rest then :wink:

• Like 1

I think Wolves will edge this one, worried about whether Eddy will be fully over his recent health problems.

Home win tonight Lord Kelv will make sure the boys are focused after the last home performance.

Bryn where are you with your weather updates?

I'm here VV et al and have been very busy since mid-morning today onwards as was over the IOW yesterday and didn't get back here until circa 2am. Off to the home of the Hammers circa 15.30 but, looking towards the Dartford Crossing it's been dry all day so far albeit a little cloudy, NO rain so far and none expected either.

Will do further update circa 4.45pm ONCE we get to the speedway office and get everything sorted there but NO problems expected.

Edinburgh postponed around 3.00pm. Is it possible on a friday or any day I guess? Lawson & Masters playing chicken on the M6/M1 :P

Get on the toll boys.

No tweets from Sam, too busy shouting at the traffic?

Edited by Wolfsbane

5pm and all is well on the weather front, riders are arriving, Gerald R and crew are preparing the track and it's ALL SYSTEMS GO for tonight's clash with Wolverhampton at 8pm preceded by six Hagons Shocksw Academy races.

Edinburgh postponed around 3.00pm. Is it possible on a friday or any day I guess? Lawson & Masters playing chicken on the M6/M1 :P

Get on the toll boys.

No tweets from Sam, too busy shouting at the traffic?

Wolves have already made a commitment to Rider Replacement, it would be unfair to let him down.

• Like 5