British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Me in this case as it rained all night, all morning and the early part of the afternoon as well. Now ask the same question about the Poole match and I would give a different answer because that was dodgy and probably had some involvement from Matt Ford.

Hope your not saying Matt Ford would twist a situation to suit himself!!

Heaven forbid such a thought should enter my head. :rofl:

Those with season tickets and tickets from the rained off meeting won't be happy if it doesn't go ahead but no news which is poor.

DOUBLE SHOCK!!!!!!

SHOCK ONE: I've received a cheque from Leicester by means of a refund for the tickets following the postponement of the meeting in July.
SHOCK TWO: The said cheque HASN'T bounced. :o

I must at this point offer my sincere thanks to some people who did a lot of work on my behalf, following the refusal to reply to anybody's letters by Messrs Machin & Darcy.

Linda Jones (Leicester Speedway) spent a lot of her own private time in her quest to help.

Yula Hemsley who had put my name on the gate last Saturday prior to the meeting being rained-off again, in case I didn't receive my refund.

Sir Henry Bellingham MP who put written pressure on those responsible at the club.

A solicitor who gave me guidelines as to what I could or couldn't do if the matter wasn't resolved in my favour.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOUR OF YOU.

It's been a huge disappointment that all this nonsense had to happen, and I can only hope that if the present promotion are actively involved with any club in 2017, that they will put their hand on their heart, and admit to themselves that they treated the paying public incorrectly.

I'm now looking forward to visiting Leicester tomorrow for the NLRC

• Like 2

Exactly, three of us have rain off tickets to use.

Shambles

we have two tickets also - come on Leicester speedway sort this shambles out .

Could be the last-ever Elite League match...

well,I was going to say it was good while it lasted......but on second thoughts?

well,I was going to say it was good while it lasted......but on second thoughts?

Could be the "LAST EVER" Elite League match, ever, ever, ever, ever....

The top league will be refreshed and renamed the "PREMIER LEAGUE" the old Premier League, will be renamed the "SEMI-PRO" League.. The National League will be renamed the "AMATEUR" League, and the Midland Development league, Northern Whatever it's called will be redivide and renamed, the "POULTEC DEVELOPMENT LEAGUES" North & South Divisions.

Crowds will flock back to speedway in their tens of thousands, packing out all the stadiums/fields across Great Britain!!!

Speedway in the UK is mended...!!!!!!

Well, last of the season, can't come quick enough...

Will we find out plans for 2017?

Anyone have anymore from the -

- "Rumour Mill" I believe it's been turning flat out...

No fireworks are there? If so I need to get Lucy out pretty sharpish at the end.

No fireworks are there? If so I need to get Lucy out pretty sharpish at the end.

Don't think the finances will stretch that far, fireworks out of the question. Unless the referee accidently switches the stadium lights out again, then we might see a few rockets going off . :D

• Like 6

Looks like another patched up Leicester side for the last meeting with Klindt out injured,Starke at Somerset and Wozniak unavailable so more guests required again

Why not have a team in the league called GUESTS. That way we could field who we liked on any given date and there would be no complaints if someone was missing. :t: