British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

Message just appeared on Leicester speedway website about retaining your ticket for future admission.

Nothing about a refund though sadly.

Someone actually filmed machin saying if you send back your tickets they would be refunded

Can you wonder why our sport is in such desperate state. The behavior of the Promoters last night was a disgrace. Their deceitful way they take our money is unforgivable. There are people, serving time inside, for doing less than the fraudulent exercise that these Promoters do to their supporters.

Was it too much to ask to be treated fairly, and have the monies returned, at the time of the cancellation, to all those who wished.

These fraudulent promoters, who do not return monies, Do it, hoping to benefit from this underhanded practice at the expense of the most important element of the sport.

THE FANS....

I wont go to Leicester Speedway again. That'll be the last time they get anything from me......

• Like 1

Someone actually filmed machin saying if you send back your tickets they would be refunded

Where do you send the tickets Leicester or BSPA?And my advice to people would be send copies not the original tickets.

I guess we must have faith then in the Leicester promotion.

Oh yeah.

It wasn't Machin who was filmed but it was another man who stood beside Dave Darcy at the time of filming . Sadly I can't remember his name.

Message just appeared on Leicester speedway website about retaining your ticket for future admission.

Nothing about a refund though sadly.

Just seen that and it only says for the restaging or any Elite meeting 2016.But in the programme it states next season as well.Come on Leicester get it right

Just seen that and it only says for the restaging or any Elite meeting 2016.But in the programme it states next season as well.Come on Leicester get it right

I agree. Sadly history shows the Leicester promotion have a track record of getting not an awful lot right at all.

Shabby.

Why would anyone pay admission money to watch speedway at Leicester?

Speedway fans are fools and you know what they say about them and money. It's probably pensioners who have too much money to spend.

Speedway fans are fools and you know what they say about them and money. It's probably pensioners who have too much money to spend.

According to you,you did d*ck

I want a cash refund, this is against trade descriptions act.

I'm going to writing to Martin Lewis you thieving promoters, let me guess: a £1 admin charge to process refunds haha!

Promoters hoping some people don't bother writing in, sums up the vulturous attitude that they have towards the paying public; hang your head in shame Hemsley.

• Like 1

I know it's not fair on fans but most tracks dont refund there and then. It's not just a Leicester issue this. There needs to be a system where an away fan can use the readmission ticket at their home track then the club can chace the money up.

• Like 1

It happens, and has been happening for years.

In practice I've always managed to get a cash refund, but it has often required postal application or even reminders. Only one promoter ever gave me my money back with good grace, so step forward Peter Toogood.

The next three meetings or restaging of postponed fixture rule generally works OK as long as there is provision for refunds for those who can't come back. And that would be OK provided promoters didn't give the impression that they would do anything they could to avoid giving a refund.

So send ticket to promotion with covering letter (take a copy) and if your money doesn't come back contact BSPA.

It wasn't Machin who was filmed but it was another man who stood beside Dave Darcy at the time of filming . Sadly I can't remember his name.

Yes you're right, it was the man next to David Darcy, but he can't be one of the promoters as only Mr Darcy and the arrogant Neil Machin are named on the page where the infamous 'Terms & Conditions' are listed in the programme.

If speedway fans are fools then why are you wasting your time reading about us and commenting too. I find your comment very offensive as I'm a speedway fan and not a fool, and I would ask you to apologise for that.

If you can't make any restaging, you are entiltled by law to get a refund.... that's my understanding(?)

I've just received the following message via the Messenger service.

Hello Mike, sorry for the confusion. Please send your tickets to Leicester Speedway, 1 The Lions, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, LE4 1DZ. Regards, Linda

I'm afraid I don't know who Linda is.