British Speedway Forum
no-brakes-uk

Robert72 Is Not Rob Homer

Just more foolish comments which, increasingly, are becoming part-and-parcel of member responses on various BSF threads these days.

Indeed, I understand where you're coming from, sorry about that.

It's like those people who continue to post links to openly available information thinking it's an important contribution to the forum. Wouldn't be so bad but the links are generally off topic and or completely irrelevant!

• Like 3

It's like those people who continue to post links to openly available information thinking it's an important contribution to the forum. Wouldn't be so bad but the links are generally off topic and or completely irrelevant!

Also in bold italics font.

• Like 2

Lost :- one sense of humour, if found please return to Gustix

• Like 4

The thread title is ====

Robert72 Is Not Rob Homer :lol:

I'd claim to be Spartacus but it might send BWitcher off on another crusade

• Like 3

I'd claim to be Spartacus but it might send BWitcher off on another crusade

Shhhhhhhhh - you mustn't mention 'Crusades' on here. :nono::blink::D

• Like 1

You don't have to read the Links or messages posted on the BSF. If it's something you don't like or similarly by a Poster you don't like then just move on! Simple answer. :lol:

Edited by Guest

You don'tbhave to read the Links or messages posted on the BSF. If it's something you don't like or similarly by a Poster you don't like then just move on! Simple answer. :lol:

Have a feeling this is going to come back and bite someone on the 'arris quite often :icon_smile_clown::rofl:

• Like 2

Here we go, another meaningless thread of 2000 odd posts. You lot really have confirmed you will talk about anything. :nono::rofl:

• Like 1

Better than talking about nothing but just for you. Here's something...saw the only remaining flying Lancaster bomber take to the skies on its first test flight following a long lay off this afternoon.

Absolutely nothing sounds or looks like it.

I'm really chuffed.

Is that better Starry?

Edited to add

Should be only one in the UK, there is one in Canada but that's it I think.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 4

Tbh i thought gustix was Spartacus.He's almost everyone else :rofl:

Nah. Spartacus is younger than Gustix.

Spatacus never saw Geoff Pymar race at the New Cross Colosseum in 150BC

Better than talking about nothing but just for you. Here's something...saw the only remaining flying Lancaster bomber take to the skies on its first test flight following a long lay off this afternoon.

Absolutely nothing sounds or looks like it.

I'm really chuffed.

Is that better Starry?

Edited to add

Should be only one in the UK, there is one in Canada but that's it I think.

As far as I know - you are right Star Lady. :t:

You are also right that there is nothing like the sound of those Rolls Royce Merlin Engines either. :t:

Incidentally, the Canadian Lancaster was over here last year and flew with the one from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (The Spirit of the Ruhr)..

This quote from the Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Arthur (Bomber) Harris, Commander in Chief of Bomber Command:

“I would say this to those who placed that shining sword in our hands: Without your genius and efforts we could not have prevailed, for I believe that the Lancaster was the greatest single factor in winning the war.”

You are also right that there is nothing like the sound of those Rolls Royce Merlin Engines either. :t:

Incidentally, the Canadian Lancaster was over here last year and flew with the one from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (The Spirit of the Ruhr)..

This quote from the Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Arthur (Bomber) Harris, Commander in Chief of Bomber Command:

“I would say this to those who placed that shining sword in our hands: Without your genius and efforts we could not have prevailed, for I believe that the Lancaster was the greatest single factor in winning the war.”

Guess there is nothing like blowing your own trumpet.Popular theme here :P But he does seem to have overlooked major factors such as the Russians stopping the Germans getting their hands on the oilfields,Montgomery pushing the Germans out of North Africa or even the US joining the war.All at least as significant if not more so

I was lucky enough to see them fly together TWK,

Thumper and Vera flew alongside the last flying Vulcan (now grounded) over Marham. Only stood in a ruddy onion field for 6 hours with hubby waiting to see them but it's something I will never forget.

Have been to Woodhall Spa this weekend to a 40s festival and we had lunch in the Bluebell Inn, which is where the pilots from 617 Squadron used to drink. Was a strange feeling but a very proud one knowing I was sitting where so many of those brave men had sat.

• Like 1