British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 21.7.16

Rain spoilt a potentially good meeting there. Racing was decent at the start. Stevie W absolutely flying. BV very solid esp when Jacobs riding like that. Deserved win. Can't expect anything when 3 riders score 2 or 3 between them. No chance of the play offs now.

Get in there The Aces

Brings the Stars back in the race :t:

Edited by Danny Smith

I'm not saying nothing but 4 riders can't win a meeting on their own.

If you're not saying nothing, then you are say something.

And if there are four riders, they can't be on their own.

Tungate is a real enigma. I've seen him be excellent at Belle Vue especially this season with Swindon, and yet he posts some shocking scores. Sedgeman was good at NSS this year too.

Edited by Notenoughnerve

Well done the Aces and in particular Joe Jacobs.

I feel sorry for Swindon and hope that their new stadium does happen and some good news is just around the corner . Hopefully the Council back Swindon Speedway to the hilt just like Manchester City Council backed The NSS...

• Like 1

Belle Vue must be everyone's favorite away track.Riders I haven't rated too highly have looked great around the NSS this season Tungate being one of them.Its so frustrating seeing his score tonight though for Swindon fans.

Good win for the Aces who now look the team to stop.

The Robins in free fall.

Well done to Belle Vue a deserved win, this team looks dangerous Jacobs was very good Stevie Worrall after heat 1 looked mighty quick.He now with a good practice must have a squeak of getting a place in the WTC,Cook not convincing tonight even when the track got tricky there was some good racing better than in most weeks.As for the Budgies all is not lost i still think they might get in the four but does it matter this team has no chance of winning the EL.

Well deserved for win Belle Vue over a poor Swindon side ....Fair Play to Steve Worrall who just gets better and Better and has been a big success of fast track . Joe Jacobs also done really well gated in every race just needs to add a bit of speed .

Robins were poor, thou I never thought they were that good anyhow so not really that worried to be fair .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Looks like Steve has firmly thrown his hat in the ring for the swc, and with Nicholls and Cook both scoring 5 from 3 they've also given rossiter a nudge especially after reported lacklustre efforts from king and harris last night.

The win is a nice bonus but with so much on it for three of The Aces it was always going to be a tough meeting for Swindon.

Looks like it rubbed off on Jacobs as well, nice one!

So 5 from 3 is good then?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just going by the updates but why an interval if raining or threat of rain? yet again a meeting cut short and perhaps without an interval a few more heats???

Just going by the updates but why an interval if raining or threat of rain? yet again a meeting cut short and perhaps without an interval a few more heats???

More maddening than guest riders.

If rain is around, just get on with it and get a result on 15 heats. Or as many as is possible.

• Like 1

So 5 from 3 is good then?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bit of their post confused me too. 5 from 3 isn't good at all

Well no but it's statistically better than 5 from 4 or 6 from 5.

Fwiw I doubt 'doing better' will be enough for either Cook or Nicholls and I think rossiter will stick to the traditional speedway north/south divide to pick and the team will be Woofinden, Lambert, King and Harris. Bates could be the token northern boy though but only because he rides for a team south of Hilton park services, lol!

King would be a mistake.

That bit of their post confused me too. 5 from 3 isn't good at all

Exactly.

If was a ridiculous thing to suggest.

Since when has 5 from 3 been a good indication of a world cup place?

Barmy.

• Like 1

5 from 3 being classed as good in that EL?? Maybe in Poland , but riders like Nicholls should really be banging in 10-13 pts a meeting in such a watered down league

• Like 3