British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick Vs Glasgow 27/7/16

Big crowd there last night, but how many of them were Glasgow fans? Certainly a lot of them around me on the back straight were. Really need to the up the game for Friday, or else it could be very embarrassing down at a strong Somerset team. No point crying about the past now though, look to the future now, turn things around.

No excuses we were crap and Tigers made us look silly round the 1st and 2nd bend.Lunna rode really well and was bursting a gut.There's always next season for a Top Six finish.Excellent attendance pity it was so one-sided.Still a couple of sticky matches to come at Home if we don't improve IMO.

Never saw that one coming! Didnt expect a win but like the early League Cup meeting a close one. To be fair over the years Berwick have suddenly found themselves on the odd occasion getting a drubbing at home. I remember Newport getting 60 once at Shielfield? Then heavy defeats over the years to Somerset, Edinburgh and last season the Cup match v Rye House. Oh dear!

• Like 1

Big crowd there last night, but how many of them were Glasgow fans? Certainly a lot of them around me on the back straight were. Really need to the up the game for Friday, or else it could be very embarrassing down at a strong Somerset team. No point crying about the past now though, look to the future now, turn things around.

Think that was one of the best crowds this season.

Berwicks problem is ,we have a team with 1 heat leader 3 second strings and 3 reserves, on a night the 1 heat leader had a bad night and 1 second string became a reserve. So last night we had 4 reserves and 3 second strings, where do go from here.

• Like 1

Us Glasgow fans on the bus honestly thought it would be a very close match and that the bandits would actually take the win as we tend to lose the plot away from home.. At Scunthorpe we were leading and expected to win but threw it away. However last night our boys just seemed to click and ride with more aggression, it was wonderful to watch for us Tigger fans, but awful for the bandit fans, we know how that feels as we got a right beating from the monarchs at home a couple of years ago. I was surprised at how big a crowd was there for a midweek meeting. I hope the Bandits can refocus and get the results to make the play offs as they are my second team in the premier league.

• Like 7

Same here - Bandits are on the up regardless of one off results. It's a great place to go and the updates underplays the meeting last night. It was not just gate and go. Glasgow would have beaten any team in the premier easily on that track. Also Rene Bach has been immense so far.

Even Redcar is a tougher place to go for us tonight.

There must have been well over a thousand last night. The stand was as full as I've seen it and the back straight as well.

• Like 4

Have to agree with a couple of points above. Firstly, the club is on the up this season, especially when you compare it to this time last year. Most of the developments have taken place off the track. Secondly the updates, there are a few meetings I've gone home from this year and seen nothing but "from the gate" and wondered if I've been to the same meeting.

Have to agree with a couple of points above. Firstly, the club is on the up this season, especially when you compare it to this time last year. Most of the developments have taken place off the track. Secondly the updates, there are a few meetings I've gone home from this year and seen nothing but "from the gate" and wondered if I've been to the same meeting.

Ask Shadders about "from the gate" :D

• Like 1

The major plus point for me last night was that Danny Ayres was able to walk away relatively unscathed after a frightening accident last night. When I seen it happen I feared the worst. Matty Wethers had nowhere to go and did his level best to avoid him.

• Like 1

There was a good crowd last night but don't think it was over 1000 maybe about 7-800, but for a midweek fixture that was good even the food van ran out at heat 8

Edited by samsplint

Some intriguing match-ups, which could decide this one....

Dawid Stachra or Coty Garcia? Dany Gappmaier or Nike Lunna? Liam Carr or Danny Ayres?

Tasty!

Think the match-ups ended six ,one to Glasgow

• Like 1

Think the match-ups ended six ,one to Glasgow

And the Berwick one was down to Danny Ayres having a complete off night, ending sadly in injury.

Like you say Screm a very decent crowd but how many will actually come back and risk their money to watch garbage like we witnessed last night ? I even managed to coax the missus back last night but never again were her words, personally I was ready to leave about heat 6 but I had other people in my car so put up with it only to find on the way home they were ready to come away at same time but kept quiet about it. it really was absolute guff with an entertainment value of nil, complete waste of 30 quid getting us both in..

Berwick wont run into a team like Glasgow again surely, obviously losing at home in last nights manner did nobody any favours. Lets just hope we are back to our best for the visit of Rye House in the KOC on Saturday week.

• Like 1

And the Berwick one was down to Danny Ayres having a complete off night, ending sadly in injury.

Berwick wont run into a team like Glasgow again surely, obviously losing at home in last nights manner did nobody any favours. Lets just hope we are back to our best for the visit of Rye House in the KOC on Saturday week.

Somerset have won every league match so far home and away so your not out of the woods yet.

Edited by New era Panthers

Somerset have won every league match so far home and away so your not out of the woods yet.

See my glass is always half full, I see Berwick producing the goods in that meeting and sending the Rebels home pointless......though you could well be right. :(

• Like 1