How about:

Jonsson (11.83)
King (9.57)
Grajczonek (8.90)
Woryna (6.51)
Roynon (5.05)
Bates (5.02)
3-pointer

Not convinced Wornya is worth a place with these inflated averages.

Me neither, I think a goof no1 and Bates must be the priority

• Like 1

Great start for the Coventry Bees with Jim Lynch joining the Team. Be brings a lot of experience to the Team and it says a lot for the year ahead I feel. Enjoyed his company with Manager

for Bellevue a few years ago. Congratulations Jim and welcome back to Speedway.

• Like 2

How about:

Jonsson (11.83)

King (9.57)

Grajczonek (8.90)

Woryna (6.51)

Roynon (5.05)

Bates (5.02)

3-pointer

Swap Grajczonek for Garrity and that would be good. I would be happy with Kaspazak or AJ at number 1.

A step in the right direction I think.

Jim Lynch will present a much better image for the bees, he will have the respect of his riders I would imagine, and when interviewed on tv he will at least be able

to answer questions in a sensible manner.

I doubt we will see him or the riders pulling stupid faces in the background whilst on tv either.

• Like 3

I would love to see Rory back at Brandon this year.

• Like 3

Great news about Jim Lynch. Very professional and a positive move by Horton. Now we need to announce a strong reserve and number 1.

Saturday November 05, 2016

COVENTRY Speedway are delighted to welcome Jim Lynch as their new team manager going into the 2017 SGB Premiership season.

Lynch takes over from Gary Havelock, who left the Buildbase Bees last month after four years in charge to front up a new consortium in charge of Championship club Berwick.

The Bees new boss is no stranger to Brandon as that was the venue where he first watched the sport, and he spent around 20 years as a supporter on the terraces at Coventry before becoming involved professionally.

Lynch enjoyed major success as a promoter and team manager at Peterborough in 1998-2003, an era which saw the Panthers win titles at both Premier and Elite League levels.

He came close to repeating the feat in charge of Reading in 2006, missing out in one of the all-time classic Grand Finals, and his most recent stint in management was with Belle Vue four years ago.

Lynch said: Ive always got on well with the people at Coventry, and in fairness when Mick (Horton) approached me it was probably the only place I would have done it.

I didnt really have to think much about it, it was just a case of setting out the way we both wanted things to be done, and there havent been any issues in any of our discussions.

I dont see being out for a few years as a problem, I havent been out of it that long and speedway really doesnt change much, be it with riders or promoters.

In fact, Ive come back at a time when certain rules such as the race format have reverted back to when I was doing it before, and if anything some of the regulations which came in over the last two or three years didnt make the managers job that easy.

Im really looking forward to it, more-so because of it being Coventry. Im very enthusiastic to get started, I know the Coventry fans want success and thats what well be looking to deliver.

Lynch and Horton have already held discussions over possible options for team-building in the wake of this weeks BSPA AGM, which saw a 50-point limit imposed on top-flight teams.

And Horton is looking forward to resuming a working relationship with Lynch which dates right back to the early days of the Elite League when they were part of the same consortium in charge at Peterborough.

Horton said: Jim is experienced and knowledgeable, and he has a lot of respect from riders. We had some applications, but the more I thought about it the more I felt this would be right for the club.

Even when I was running Peterborough I knew he always had a soft spot for Coventry, as they were both his local clubs. We got together to sort out the deal and were both very happy.

My job now is to build the team, weve got an idea who we want, and naturally we want a team thats going to compete at the top.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Kaspazak /AJ at number 1

King and Garrity back. If it is true that King is leaving then Kylmakorpi. Hope King stays though. Palm toft is great on a 5 average.

I think Josh Bates is a must.

Edited by mdmc82

I would love to see Rory back at Brandon this year.

I think we may had a little hint don't you? ;)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1